Calik8

Moves your soul.

645 posts in this topic

LOVE music! Sorry fair warning. Just figured out this was a post regarding this.

Edited by parkercole

From the new album "Death by Rock and Roll".  IMHO an excellent album, this song almost veers into country.  Almost.

I am going to Cali8 a message with her thread. I believe if she is able to see how many people are responding. She would seriously be smiling! 😍

I still can't get enough of her, good to see many more agree all the time - 2021 Austin Music Awards musician of the year, album of the year, best live stream, artist that went above and beyond.  4 awards.  From album Vintage Machine:

And now for something different to these parts.  Any other fans of Lucinda Williams out there?  She is unique and IMO brilliant

OK, what is good for chilling through a slow and easy Friday eve?  How about a little Sven Zetterberg?

On 11/30/2018 at 5:24 AM, Calik8 said:

What Music have you been craving? 

Not just to listen to but to move your body and soul?

Who and why?

ready and go!!

Mostly I listen party music because I love to listen them they have an energy in them and make our body moves automatically in the form of dance

Just because.  Wish the video quality was better or better yet they would pair up again - two incredible artists.

So I was thinking about someone I have not seen for a long time.  Thinking of her inevitably lead to:

ahh hell, never can stop with only one Tony Joe tune, so:

21 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

58 years since Simon wrote it and damned if it isn't still a great song, no allowance for time span.  As many of his are.

Speaking of classics.  No one quite like Carlos!

a little long, but worth it!

19 hours ago, gr8owl said:

58 years since Simon wrote it and damned if it isn't still a great song, no allowance for time span.  As many of his are.

This song has a lot of meaning for me...especially since I got sick with Covid on December 6th and all the crap I've been having to deal with since and still dealing with.

20 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

This song has a lot of meaning for me...especially since I got sick with Covid on December 6th and all the crap I've been having to deal with since and still dealing with.

So sorry to hear you got COVID.  For some it is a tough road to travel.  Hang in there and take care of yourself as best as you can.

May we get comfortably numb?

Yes, we can.  Glad you asked.  

Cool Water, Joni Mitchell (with Willie Nelson), written in 1936 by Bob Nolan