Leonalune

The Friday after Thanksgiving needs a new name

11 posts in this topic

I like "the Friday after Thanksgiving", myself.

Maybe, "stay in bed for 12 hours day"

The day to do nothing! The day to digest. The day of more eating. The day of relaxation. The day to stay home! I had to go to the post office to mail off graduation announcements, wish I’d stayed home. Everyone is out for god only knows why. I’m gonna decorate my tree and watch Christmas movies and bake cookies. 

26 minutes ago, Melissa Sterling said:

The day to stay home! [...], wish I’d stayed home. Everyone is out for god only knows why.

My sentiments exactly. Went for a brisk walk to a coffee shop to work some of the other day's meal off. Now hunkered down inside to avoid the madness.

I hate this time of year: people be nuts!! Love to get together with family and friends, it's just everything else around this drives normal people insane. Roads are jam packed with people rushing from mall to mall. Mad dashes to the grocery store because they forgot something they need for the party/get-together. Example: Tuesday before Thanksgiving, sitting in left turn lane, begin my turn after traffic clears, crazed person goes from right-most lane right across the nose of my car to make a mad dash just past the intersection into the home goods store.

Thankfully, in our family, we decided only kids get gifts, and now that noone is a kid anymore, we aren't in a tizzy to find the right thing for everyone. Makes the holidays a lot less stressful.

Maybe it should be the "Day Of Reckoning" ie. I reckon I should lose more weight, not eat so much at Thanksgiving(NOT!!!), buy things I can't afford on my maxed out credit cards, start writing my New Year's bucket list, etc. :D

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

3 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

Thankfully, in our family, we decided only kids get gifts, and now that noone is a kid anymore, we aren't in a tizzy to find the right thing for everyone. Makes the holidays a lot less stressful.

Same here! I have $100 budget for the grands and that’s it. Christmas will be spent giving to those in need. I’d rather spend time with some homeless folks than a bunch of people complaining about what they did get. I’ve told my adult brats to never expect to spend the holidays with me unless they can be grateful. There’s nothing more wonderful than helping people who have nothing. The gratitude on their faces is all the thanks I need. 

This year, let’s give to those less fortunate. You’d be surprised what just spending time with someone for an hour can do. Just conversation and a warm pair of socks. 

You know you ate cement if the next day you are still packed full! Lead belly and still full! 🔥😱😭

Since leftovers are for sissys.....I would agree that its "Digest Day."

Bobbie.png

Now that's what today is for... and yes, it must have the cranberry sauce on the sandwich.