ReconBull

Curious If I am the Only One

21 posts in this topic

Okay so here is a question and it can be both provider or client based. We all know that providers can be reviewed by the client and most of us understand how the "blacklist" and references work in regard to the client. So there may be multiple answers to this and I am just curious in two fronts here.

As a client I do look at reviews written by other clients, for several reasons which can range from simple things like not returning calls after established appointments and screening is done to some aspects of service and friendly nature. Of course it is all subjective and the YMMV can apply but it gives a framework for whether you want to call or not to some degree. At least that is my view and I have called new gals to get a "feel" on the phone prior to reviews and in general i have been pleasantly surprised and thus wrote a review to get the ball rolling.

Now I have seen some providers that do NOT allow for reviews and have no other outside source of verification on my part. Most seem to be fairly new or just pop up from time to time (three on right now). They are few to be honest but to me this seems to be a red flag especially if p411 is inactive, website is inactive and no reviews allowed. Am i wrong here? What is the reasoning behind not allowing for the client to review even if you are low volume?

I want to add though that even while i look at the reviews on my end I do take them with somewhat of a grain of salt for the simple reason that it may very well be a bad client trying to get "even" for a bad encounter when it might have been the client who made it bad. But they are a gauge in a sense

Some think that strong reviews cheapin the experience with them. I agree. Like you say YMMV. I've had a lady ask me to back off her review after I already placed it. Too many were looking for the same experience I had. Some of us might have a tendency to embellish. Therefore reviews are an account of a 1st person experience only, are not to be considered factual. I know of some of our top ladies that do not allow reviews anymore as they may have a few reviews elsewhere. They simply don't need to embellish what goes on BCD, but do state they understand the need for reviews. Personally I have no problem seein a lady with minimal, objective, or no reviews. I prefer on due diligence. Websites, blogs, social sites instead. Only ever been burned once. My $.02 anyway.

Here are a few reasons (in no particular order) for being DNR:

• Fear that reviews might be used in legal proceedings.
  • Dislike of the review process, or of having one's services critiqued.
  • Fear of TMI in a review, leading to unreasonable expectations by future clients.
  • Fear of TMI in a review outing her.
  • Caught self-reviewing.
Edited by Bit Banger

13 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Here are a few reasons (in no particular order) for being DNR:

• Fear that reviews might be used in legal proceedings.
  • Dislike of the review process, or of having one's services critiqued.
  • Fear of TMI in a review, leading to unreasonable expectations by future clients.
  • Fear of TMI in a review outing her.
  • Caught self-reviewing.

These are legit reasons and I may also add Clients with an axe to grind may write a review from a vindictive point of view whose only purpose is to damage the provider's ability to make a living through some perceived twisted sense of duty. IMHO this is the worst reason to write reviews...just write an accurate review. There's no need to go out of your way to punish a provider for a session that was less than your expectations. If you didn't enjoy yourself, just accurately describe what happened and move on to the next provider. We've all discovered that YMMV with various providers and everyone is entitled to having a bad day now and then since we're all human.

How about writing reviews and didn't even have a visit? These reviews have been used as weapons for some ladies! Glad to see some people take these reviews with a grain of salt! 

10 minutes ago, SabrinaLynn said:

How about writing reviews and didn't even have a visit? These reviews have been used as weapons for some ladies! Glad to see some people take these reviews with a grain of salt! 

I'm sorry this happened to you. I think these reviews where the client didn't go through with the session are part of the "axe to grind" crowd to which I was referring in my post. I don't see how these reviews can be taken seriously by the community and are beyond unfair to the provider...IMHO

34 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

These are legit reasons and I may also add Clients with an axe to grind may write a review from a vindictive point of view whose only purpose is to damage the provider's ability to make a living through some perceived twisted sense of duty. IMHO this is the worst reason to write reviews...just write an accurate review...

To the OP, I agree with Bit's assessment and would add, some ladies have enough regular clientele that they don't need reviews any longer.  If she's consistent, it's like taking sand to the beach.  MrBigShot brings up a good point, while I don't think one gents review can truly hurt a ladies business (even if written from a vindictive POV), if there is a repeated pattern by the lady, then this definitely could hurt a ladies earnings potential.  If a well-reviewed lady has 50+ positive reviews and her last review is bad, does one discard her previous reviews and the new bad review is now gospel?

I've said before and will always believe, throw out the top and bottom 10% of reviews and see where the 80% lies.

All valid and i agree with the potential for all the points, for instance a provider who has a verifiable acct with P411, ECCIE, even a website may have enough in terms of a reputable status at least to me. i also see a very valid point of vindictive posts by less than what i would call respectable clients and personally i have only written two that were not great but not mean either they were listed as so-so because of environmental, hygienic or no show type of  situation and perhaps I caught that person on a bad day  you never know. But what about someone who cannot be verified through any other source even though they are listed on the ad for instance a provider has  a website link but it is down, P411 and it goes to a automated error etc.. etc.. Would you not think that if they signed up for TOB they would want the reviews? 

Like i said and is fairly well stated in the quote you have to take the reviews with a grain of salt because many variables might exist during a appointment But like i mentioned in this scenario ( Ad +  two pics but very standard pics like a magazine (i did cloud check them)+ No reviews allowed + All listed "sources" (P411 and Website) were inactive. Would that not be somewhat of a red flag? Or perhaps i am overthinking this. Either way there are a multitude of fantastic ladies out there and i was just a bit curious as it would seem that a "new provider" would be similar to a "newbie client" in terms of references and reviews alike

14 minutes ago, BigBaldBlk said:

To the OP, I agree with Bit's assessment and would add, some ladies have enough regular clientele that they don't need reviews any longer.  If she's consistent, it's like taking sand to the beach.  MrBigShot brings up a good point, while I don't think one gents review can truly hurt a ladies business (even if written from a vindictive POV), if there is a repeated pattern by the lady, then this definitely could hurt a ladies earnings potential.  If a well-reviewed lady has 50+ positive reviews and her last review is bad, does one discard her previous reviews and the new bad review is now gospel?

I've said before and will always believe, throw out the top and bottom 10% of reviews and see where the 80% lies.

Is it possible that those on the DNR list with inactive sites are no longer available? Or are these ladies that are actively advertising?

If I could go back in time with the knowledge I have now I would never allow reviews. And not to hide any potential bad service but to keep my business and my clients private. I want my intimate moments to remain intimate and I don't want pressure to recreate something that was a moment with someone else. Reviews are already overloaded with information and not always with good or useful information. Since we providers are the ones being reviewed we don't have a lot of control over what they say. So another reason to not allow them is to be able to have a little bit more control over the flow of information. There is also something to be said about remaining a mystery, some guys really dig that.

Active ladies on the DNR list shouldn't be total mysteries. If they're still seeing clients there will always be back channel information which is what DNR and UTR ladies rely on. DNR should not automatically be a red flag, at worst a yellow flag until you can do more research.

47 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Active ladies on the DNR list shouldn't be total mysteries. If they're still seeing clients there will always be back channel information which is what DNR and UTR ladies rely on. DNR should not automatically be a red flag, at worst a yellow flag until you can do more research.

I understand and agree with most of what you said in your post. On the point above, however, I simply have no experience.

I have been partaking of the beautiful ladies in this business now for over 5 years.  But, providers are extremely tight-lipped, and clients even more so.

In all my years, I have NOT ONCE been able to find this "back channel" communication network that leads to the mythical UTR ladies of story and song.

Not complaining too much.  I am extremely happy with the ladies I see.  There are many amazing ladies that are "public."  But, I gotta shake my head a bit when I see comments like this.

Not doubting you at all Lucy.  I just have never witnessed it myself.

I tend to stay away from ladies without reviews. For me it gives me a sense of what a provider does or doesn't allow. Now I know the YMMV always applies but it's taboo and forbidden to ask a provider about her services, so the only real way I can gauge whether or not she performs the services I want is through reviews. I tend to like the whole kissing and being intimate and GFE, but not all providers will perform those services. I also understand that not everyone will be satisfied so I tend to not pay as much attention to bad reviews, unless they are all bad in which case I'll just skip the lady entirely. So, I use reviews more for a gauge of services rendered, since it's forbidden to ask, than anything else 

16 minutes ago, Laplace said:

I understand and agree with most of what you said in your post. On the point above, however, I simply have no experience.

I have been partaking of the beautiful ladies in this business now for over 5 years.  But, providers are extremely tight-lipped, and clients even more so.

In all my years, I have NOT ONCE been able to find this "back channel" communication network that leads to the mythical UTR ladies of story and song.

Not complaining too much.  I am extremely happy with the ladies I see.  There are many amazing ladies that are "public."  But, I gotta shake my head a bit when I see comments like this.

To say that I have witnessed it isn't entirely honest because it's supposed to be private but I have kind of seen it action. There have been a few client only spaces in the past and I can't speak to what goes on there but I have seen it happen in chat rooms when those were still a thing. I also know that guys do occasionally talk and there have been a few times that I have met met new clients that were referred to me by their friend, co-worker, golf buddy etc. I also don't think its uncommon for a provider UTR or not to ask a client to spread the good word in private. There really isn't a "spot" where it happens it's just good old fashioned word of mouth. And where do you look and who do you ask? Finding UTR ladies is all a matter of circumstance, it's easier to find when you're really looking not just trying to verify it's existence. If you happen to have a buddy who has lucked upon one or managed to find that right craigslist post at just the right time. They're unicorn like but not impossible to find. 

There are so many places for UTR ladies to lurk you could never search them all. I think if you wanted to play detective you would figure out how to spot them when they pop up. I mean that seriously no snark. Even UTR ladies have to make an initial appearance somewhere and occasionally surface to find new friends if word of mouth doesn't work. You can't be entirely invisible. 

I know of a few ladies that were UTR when they started.  I got word from a hobby buddy.  I also know a few who retired, but kept a few clients on a UTR basis.

UTR ladies are not as rare as unicorns, but you do have to be tapped into the right networks.

3 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Is it possible that those on the DNR list with inactive sites are no longer available? Or are these ladies that are actively advertising?

If they're still seeing clients there will always be back channel information which is what DNR and UTR ladies rely on. DNR should not automatically be a red flag, at worst a yellow flag until you can do more research.

Actively Advertising and this is what brought up the whole question for me. i have met some clients that do not prefer references and i actual ask on most occasions just in case ever since I ran into that while others might relish new reviews. But this was a new or as far as i can tell a new TOB provider who i actual had intentions of calling, messaged on here got a very obscure response so i started to check it out some and all other avenues which were a no go as other "listed" reference sites and websites were inactive Except for TOB and an ad on BP of all places which was identical to the one here...... Just seemed fishy to me so i was curious. I agree that at some point one might want to limit reviews and clients. To be honest I have no clue what a UTR is HA

Good response though Lucy Kitten

10 minutes ago, ReconBull said:

Actively Advertising and this is what brought up the whole question for me. i have met some clients that do not prefer references and i actual ask on most occasions just in case ever since I ran into that while others might relish new reviews. But this was a new or as far as i can tell a new TOB provider who i actual had intentions of calling, messaged on here got a very obscure response so i started to check it out some and all other avenues which were a no go as other "listed" reference sites and websites were inactive Except for TOB and an ad on BP of all places which was identical to the one here...... Just seemed fishy to me so i was curious. I agree that at some point one might want to limit reviews and clients. To be honest I have no clue what a UTR is HA

Good response though Lucy Kitten

UTR stand for Under The Radar.. ladies who are out there that don't advertise and usually get their clients from word of mouth and client referrals. 

4 hours ago, Laplace said:

On the point above, however, I simply have no experience.

I'm in the same boat. I've never had a "back channel" exchange, with another guy, about a girl. I have responded, to a few PMs, from guys asking about someone I've reviewed. Usually they ask "does she do XYZ?". I didn't mention it in my review, and I didn't ask, so I don't know!

Personally, I'm happy with the "public" ladies. 99% have treated me well! Never searched for UTR women, as I had no need.

I, too, don't see DNR ladies. They don't want reviews, and I respect that. :)

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

I know of a few ladies that were UTR when they started.  I got word from a hobby buddy.  I also know a few who retired, but kept a few clients on a UTR basis.

UTR ladies are not as rare as unicorns, but you do have to be tapped into the right networks.

Bit you and Pfunk are my favorite.  I love the girls you review. And they love you. I think they like me also. In my mind.

Thankso so much 

Peep

I'm with Lucy on this....If I knew then what I know now. I've always wondered about UTR myself. As I get closer to completing my degree, the closer I get to retirement.  I already rely primarily on my regulars,  but they are not part of this elusive group either. Not a single one would have a conversation with a pal about who to see. I'd love for someone to pm me with a clue. 

As for some on the DNR, my thought is that some ladies are not wanting to risk being reviewed and possibly discovered in their real life. Some have careers and do this for fun. Hoping that will be me In a year 

All the talk of UTR and back channels makes me remember the days donny darko got into pissing matches across multiple sites with some dude about who could find bbfs with the most obscure UTR girl. It was all total bs, complete with bs reviews. 

I don't think they're really true networks out there. A couple guys here and there talk to each other in small circles, but the hobby isn't standard bar conversation for most men. Once in a while we'll get PMs about women we've seen, but if you have the scoop on a UTR provider, it'd be bad form to give out her info. Makes it hard to stay UTR that way. 

I hooked up with a UTR girl for a bit. She's out of the business now. She'd turn up once every couple of months with a single ad and that was it. For her it wasn't a life style, or a way to earn a living. Just and itch she scratched every now and again. 

10 hours ago, Buddy Glass said:

... if you have the scoop on a UTR provider, it'd be bad form to give out her info. Makes it hard to stay UTR that way. 

Not if in post-coital conversation you ask, "Do you mind if I quietly spread the word?" or "May I tell my pal, xxx, about you?"  She may even know who you're talking about, be a lurker on the boards. 

Though not in my professional days, but in my service years, ASPs were bar conversation. I also had a sailor pal who would tell stories of visits to TJ when the fleet was in port.  But - none of that compares with the conversations here.