Bowing out gracefully

46 posts in this topic

It's been super fun being part of the community on here, like awesome! But there are parts of the site that just make it so much  drama and nonsense.  A wolf in sheep's clothing to say the least. I will continue to use the ad boards. But I will be staying out of the forums.  There's a squeaky wheel that just keeps derailing the train! So I'm hopping off.  

One day there will be a vote off the island,  and it will be fun again and  I'll come back home. 

Stay safe, stay kind, stay generous!  

Great, as if this election year isn't hard enough! ;) All I know is Donald Trump needs to go. I am not into balding orange people.

You are not alone in feeling the need to take a break from the forum.

Sorry to see you go.  Your personality was reflected in your posts and added something positive to the TOB forums. :)

36 minutes ago, Riggo said:

Survey created to see if the masses believe a Vote Off the Island feature needs to be added!

I can see this backfiring on me. I bet I get voted off for being the typo police. :cool:

And I for loitering :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Raoul said:

I can see this backfiring on me. I bet I get voted off for being the typo police. :cool:

...and me for failing to make a single worthwhile contribution to a thread in over a year... :D

I will miss your posts.............and support you too.

I believe SM41 has responded to the survey.  One person has chosen the "Yes, All of you idiots" option.  :)

Glad we drug a troll out with the survey!  I even have an idea how this feature could be implemented...

Instead of negative reputation counting against the poster with a visible record of who applied it, why couldn't we make negative rep a vote off the island and anonymous (to avoid revenge attacks).  Keep it like negative rep and only allow one vote a day.  If a poster attracts x number of down votes, they would be muted for 1 day.  Y number of down votes and they would be muted for 3 days and so on... This could certainly help with the number of idiot trolls or at least create more work for them in creating multiple accounts to post their drivel!

There isnt to many of me on this board to make her want to get off this site! Its all that goes on in here 

1 minute ago, stevie-2249 said:

There isnt to many of me on this board to make her want to get off this site! Its all that goes on in here 

You sir are absolutely correct!  You are fun to feed on occasion, but there are certain trolls that have appetites that seem insatiable!  :)

It if it s specific individual and their posts that are bumming you out, you can "ignore" that user. If you put your cursor over the user's name, a window will appear and allow you to click "Ignore User." That will filter out their comments on the site. I've used it for a few folks who don't add to the discussion  -- for me. It won't eliminate seeing replies to that user's messages, but does tamp down the noise a little.

- Yignore.png

12 minutes ago, Yogi said:

Spice,

It if it s specific individual and their posts that are bumming you out, you can "ignore" that user. If you put your cursor over the user's name, a window will appear and allow you to click "Ignore User." That will filter out their comments on the site. I've used it for a few folks who don't add to the discussion  -- for me. It won't eliminate seeing replies to that user's messages, but does tamp down the noise a little.

- Yignore.png

Nice info!  The downside is that it doesn't work on one's self, so on those days where I find myself particularly annoying, I can't avoid me!  :D 

19 hours ago, SpiceInCo said:

But there are parts of the site that just make it so much  drama and nonsense. 

I know I simply can't take anything here seriously or personally.  If it's not fun, by all means. move on.

20 hours ago, Raoul said:

I can see this backfiring on me. I bet I get voted off for being the typo police:cool:

"To Serve and Correctthat should be your motto lol ;-)~

22 hours ago, SpiceInCo said:

It's been super fun being part of the community on here, like awesome! But there are parts of the site that just make it so much  drama and nonsense.  A wolf in sheep's clothing to say the least. I will continue to use the ad boards. But I will be staying out of the forums.  There's a squeaky wheel that just keeps derailing the train! So I'm hopping off.  

One day there will be a vote off the island,  and it will be fun again and  I'll come back home. 

That would be quite unfortunate as you have been a breath of fresh air of the kind that blows through here (no pun intended) all too seldom.  There are indeed assholes, trolls, and other miscreants in the world, but you can't withdraw from the world and let them win.  True this board is not the world nor more than a minor distraction - but the same principle applies.  If folks like you stay it becomes a better place.  Leave and, well .... the miscreants win.  Best wishes either way.

22 hours ago, Kashmir said:

Great Spice, as if this election year isn't hard enough! ;) All I know is Donald Trump needs to go. I am not into balding orange people.

You are not alone in feeling the need to take a break from the forum.

ditto my message to Spice for you young lady.  Please stay.

"Trump needs to go" - maybe THAT explains that pained look on his face all the time!!!

5 hours ago, gr8owl said:

That would be quite unfortunate as you have been a breath of fresh air of the kind that blows through here (no pun intended) all too seldom.  There are indeed assholes, trolls, and other miscreants in the world, but you can't withdraw from the world and let them win.  True this board is not the world nor more than a minor distraction - but the same principle applies.  If folks like you stay it becomes a better place.  Leave and, well .... the miscreants win.  Best wishes either way.

+1

I've been trying to figure out how to reply to this thread, when my fine feathered friend expresses just what I wanted to say. Spice, you have been a breath of fresh air. 

7 hours ago, gr8owl said:

There are indeed assholes, trolls, and other miscreants in the world, but you can't withdraw from the world and let them win.

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

+1

I've been trying to figure out how to reply to this thread, when my fine feathered friend expresses just what I wanted to say. Spice, you have been a breath of fresh air. 

I know that I don't fit the breath of fresh air category (foul air production facility is where I land these days), but do I get to pick the other category I am tossed in?  I prefer miscreant over troll and asshole!  Can I be a miscreant?  Or would I fall into the waste of fresh air category?

On 4/2/2016 at 11:58 AM, SpiceInCo said:

I agree.I've hesitated to contribute at all on this forum because of the drama stirred constantly by a particular member. It's become less and less fun around here and more like a middle school shit slingfest

8 hours ago, gr8owl said:

ditto my message to Spice for you young lady.  Please stay.

"Trump needs to go" - maybe THAT explains that pained look on his face all the time!!!

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

+1

The truly sad part is the silent departures that are going on behind the scenes!  Spice is a little more outspoken than most, but I am sure she is speaking for a lot of ladies who want to avoid the fallout from the wars going on here.  Quite a few of my favorite female posters seem to be drifting away... Anyone seen a post by Kashmir lately other than the one on this thread?  How about the insightful Mya Midnight?  I am sure there are others who are slipping away into the night because of this shit... As SM41(Toohot) would put it, these boards may soon be a few gals and a whole shitload of us 300lb, bald 80 year olds running around with no one to talk to... We need to get this fixed!!!   Nothing personal Gr8owl and bit, but we need some lively lovely ladies here!

1 hour ago, Riggo said:

Nothing personal Gr8owl and bit, but we need some lively lovely ladies here! (and witty, funny, and intelligent)

I believe that is what i just said.  Twice. To both.  

Bartender I will have what Riggo is having.

I feel like I've missed something.....would someone mind explaining what is going on??  Is the drama from users, mods, ladies, or all of the above?  

Can't we all just shine on?!

1 minute ago, gr8owl said:

I believe that is what i just said.  Twice. To both.  

Bartender I will have what Riggo is having.

Have more than one... It is working for me.  :D

Just kidding!  You don't want to double up on what is driving me insane... Only one of us needs to be looking at millions of lines of bus traces in excel format...

12 hours ago, Riggo said:

I am sure there are others who are slipping away into the night because of this shit... As SM41(Toohot) would put it, these boards may soon be a few gals and a whole shitload of us 300lb, bald 80 year olds running around with no one to talk to... We need to get this fixed!!!   Nothing personal Gr8owl and bit, but we need some lively lovely ladies here!

What exactly is "this shit" of which you speak? IMO, his board has turned into about the tamest place on the planet.  The girls (and guys) come and go with great regularity. People have painted the scenario of a board with no women periodically for as long as I have been here. My opinion is that If an anonymous 300 pound bald guy in his moms basement on his computer can intimidate someone to the point of psychic pain, then it is probably time to move on.  Maybe we need to create a safety forum like the safe places they create on college campus's where all feelings except the injured are banned.  Unicorns, rainbows. long walks on the beach at sunset and slow passionate kisses will be the only topics allowed. 

16 hours ago, Riggo said:

... Nothing personal Gr8owl and bit, but we need some lively lovely ladies here!

Riggo, you need to step away from whatever it is you're partaking because it has effected your reading comprehension.  Though I haven't met her personally, yet, I believe the YL in question (the OP) could be described as a "lively lovely" lady, as well as a breath of fresh air. 

Very sorry to hear this.  You offered a great perspective.