Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

100 reputation points In less than a month!

29 posts in this topic

Doing a corny happy dance :-) hahaha 

I guess being obnoxious on the boards isn't always a bad thing :-P

I think those points can be used at Marriott. Some restrictions apply. :cool:

I called. They said I can use them to get the buffet  at 1001am after its shut down. Guess it's something right? 

It's quite shocking how joyous people become when they receive arbitrary positive feedback from complete strangers on the internet. I've always found it fascinating how some individuals will invest hours of their life into winning laudation from online strangers. You have teenagers tweeting for hours at B-celebrities trying to get a retweet or some other meaningless affirmation.   You have girls constantly posting photos to instagram trying to win likes from anonymous horndogs. You have people arguing their nights away on messageboards with people residing in other countries. Does winning an online debate or getting a Facebook like really amplify one's self esteem? I'm guessing online ventures are the only way that some people feel like they can ever get noticed; it's the one place where they can cut through the white noise. I worry about how negative cognitive impact that the internet is undoubtedly having on the future generations.  

And I find it shocking that some people troll around the internet being as annoying as a bad case of jock rash - that would be you, 41SM.

18 minutes ago, 41SM said:

I worry about how negative cognitive impact that the internet is undoubtedly having on the future generations.  

It's bad form to write that poorly when you are trying to show off how smart you are. If you are going to be our pompous troll, your work product needs to improve or we will have to let you go.

8 minutes ago, Badboy said:

And I find it shocking that some people troll around the internet being as annoying as a bad case of jock rash - that would be you, 41SM.

It's interesting how "opinion different than mine = troll" on this site. The internet has also diluted people's ability to effectively argue a point and engage in a dialogue with contrarian opinions. Instead of having intelligent conversations people just start spewing profanities, calling people trolls (I've noticed this slight is particularly popular with older gentlemen), ad hominem attacks, etc. 

4 minutes ago, 41SM said:

It's interesting how "opinion different than mine = troll" on this site. 

Did you offer an opinion? I thought you merely wanted us to know you were shocked that people liked getting reputation points. And I assumed you felt pity for these people. Oh, and you're worried about the future. Did you have anything else?

3 minutes ago, Raoul said:

It's bad form to write that poorly when you are trying to show off how smart you are. If you are going to be our pompous troll, your work product needs to improve or we will have to let you go.

You really think I'm putting much thought into what I write on here or proofreading my post on this site? You think I worry about impressing sexually frustrated strangers online? I occasionally come to this site because it's ripe for psychological and sociological studies. Sites like this are riveting for scholars who are studying and writing about prostitution. The internet has made it so much easier to study subcultures and black market economies.  The whole psychology behind online feedback is riveting, especially when it applies to this industry. 

11 minutes ago, 41SM said:

It's interesting how "opinion different than mine = troll" on this site. The internet has also diluted people's ability to effectively argue a point and engage in a dialogue with contrarian opinions. Instead of having intelligent conversations people just start spewing profanities, calling people trolls (I've noticed this slight is particularly popular with older gentlemen), ad hominem attacks, etc. 

Awwww, sounds to me like someone needs some "likes" and a hug. Okay class let's say, "Hi" to our new friend and make him feel welcome. We all know how scary it can be to be the new kiddo (or kiddos) in the class.

Maybe TOB could offer new young people merit points, when they join? It would give them a chance to be in the positive for a while. No one wants to start class in the negative numbers.

We should all share 1 reputation with our new friend. Maybe if he can stay in the positive, he can go on the fieldtrip with us :)

I will start it off. Here you go 41SM I will give you 2, one for you and one for your friend.

Spend them wisely.

34 minutes ago, 41SM said:

You really think I'm putting much thought into what I write on here or proofreading my post on this site? You think I worry about impressing sexually frustrated strangers online? I occasionally come to this site because it's ripe for psychological and sociological studies. Sites like this are riveting for scholars who are studying and writing about prostitution. The internet has made it so much easier to study subcultures and black market economies.  The whole psychology behind online feedback is riveting, especially when it applies to this industry. 

I find it interesting that some on-line troll finds it interesting studying the behavior and patterns of others when all he has to do is look in the mirror.  Half of my negative reputation here has come from you because I do not believe in your myopic, misogynistic view, nor do I suffer from the delusions of grandeur that you do.

It is easy on the internet to hide behind a keyboard, but I will give you a goal to shoot for.  It appears that you can  only give negative reputation to a poster once a day.  Here is your goal as the internet hero.  If you want to spend the next 8 months giving me negative reputation, you can drive me down to zero!  Go for it wise one.  The rest of us are at your mercy because you know all and see all!

Oh such sweet irony, just as you think I am overly excitable by silly meaningless points; that was meant to be a comical post. You come here seeking attention.  Maybe for different reasons than I, but you would not be doing this from an educational stand point, and make a habit out of saying things for the sake of trying to get a rouse out of someone. You are no less in need of attention as I.  While I crave positive attention, you crave negative attention.  You seek out posts where you insert you useless comments in in hopes that you either piss someone off, or someone may one day agree with you. 

Your post was no different than mine.  Just on the opposite spectrum.  

Troll is defined as someone who purposely says things to annoy, or irritate another individual(s).  They never insert meaningful or insightful information.  TOB is a rather small community to try and win at being a troll.  Hop on ECCIE and troll away on the national boards so we can watch how fast you're torn to shreds.  I know you won't do it though, see this community here in itself is small and fairly tight knit, so you stay here for the attention factor.  You're more likely to get noticed and given the attention you desire in a smaller area.   I get it.  

Have an amazing night, and I hope you have a fabulous day. 

2 hours ago, 41SM said:

I worry about how negative cognitive impact that the internet is undoubtedly having on the future generations.  

I think you have the solution.  Most effective form of birth control - personality.

11 hours ago, gr8owl said:

I think you have the solution.  Most effective form of birth control - personality.

+1000!

18 hours ago, 41SM said:

There it is. The pseudo-intellectual "study" excuse. You come here looking for hookers, like the rest of us. 

You guys understand how trolls work, right? Responding to them or acknowledging them in any way, shape, or form only feeds their troll-ness (and encourages them to commit more forum pollution).

I know, I'm not heeding my own advice. I just wonder what any of you hope to gain by engaging with him though.

1 hour ago, pejo said:

You guys understand how trolls work, right? Responding to them or acknowledging them in any way, shape, or form only feeds their troll-ness (and encourages them to commit more forum pollution).

I know, I'm not heeding my own advice. I just wonder what any of you hope to gain by engaging with him though.

It's an alcohol driven venting thing.  :D

The little fart called me "old!"  I long for the days of my youth when trolls lived only under bridges and could harass only one pedestrian at a time .

2 hours ago, Badboy said:

The little fart called me "old!"  I long for the days of my youth when trolls lived only under bridges and could harass only one pedestrian at a time .

He called us all old, bald and fat... At least he didn't call us purple pill poppin' pencil dicks.  :D

13 minutes ago, Riggo said:

He called us all old, bald and fat... 

Actually I think that was inadifferentvoice. And he thought old was 45. I can't remember which of them had all the money and the awesome hair. If there's any justice in the world, I hope mother nature and father time team up to teach them both a lesson in humility.

Let's pull a trump and fire his ass. 

11 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Actually I think that was inadifferentvoice. And he thought old was 45. I can't remember which of them had all the money and the awesome hair. If there's any justice in the world, I hope mother nature and father time team up to teach them both a lesson in humility.

I am pretty sure it was two accounts created by the same individual to support his myopic view on life, but I could be wrong.  There could be two identical twin trolls out there that were separated at birth.  :D

And look!!! We are helping to bring them together!!!  Aren't we a wonderful caring bunch?

Edited by Riggo

Hey, even trolls need lovin' too! He seems to have a thick proverbial skin. And seems to hold his own quite well. The board was ripe for another troll. And from what II am reading, you guys are providing plenty of  feed. Every good message forum has got to have a troll to keep the masses stirred up. It makes for entertaining reading to go along with my frosted mini-wheats and coffee. 

1 hour ago, Jez UaBriain said:

Hey, even trolls need lovin' too! He seems to have a thick proverbial skin. And seems to hold his own quite well. The board was ripe for another troll. And from what II am reading, you guys are providing plenty of  feed. Every good message forum has got to have a troll to keep the masses stirred up. It makes for entertaining reading to go along with my frosted mini-wheats and coffee. 

Isn't it supposed to be frosted mini-wheats and beer?!?!?

On 3/12/2016 at 2:47 PM, SpiceInCo said:

Doing a corny happy dance :-) hahaha 

I guess being obnoxious on the boards isn't always a bad thing :-P

I got 21. Guess I need bigger tits. ;)

On 3/14/2016 at 5:37 PM, 41SM said:

Gandolf Black, is that you? Did you come back??B)

Seriously? You actually responded to ms41 or whatever his handle is?  Just ignore him. We all know better then that.

Congrats :). I would upvote but I reached my max for the day lol.

I'm curious though how new is this upvote/downvote thing though?

I've been a member since Spring 2011 but I don't come on here as much as I should.

Edited by MOCHA