Bootymaster

#funorbust Provider screening by phone number

15 posts in this topic

I am not familiar with this site.  

Intelius is a website a provider told me about a long time ago that she used to verify clients.  I have found that site to be very useful both in the hobby and in business.

2 hours ago, Bootymaster said:

I have found this website very effective to pre screen my provider. And of course if a number won't list...is it a bust? You betcha.

Have any else used it?

Http://WWW.fonefinder.net

Hold on a second ..... or more like an hour or two!!  The "service" you link to only provides carrier and city information for when the number was originally assigned to a carrier and/or purchased by current user.  Given the portability of numbers this in and of itself tells you very little.  And is readily available with a google search.  If you utilize the link on "fone finders" site to obtain a NAME to go with the number it simply links to one of the numerous paid services for reverse lookup. (spokeo, intellius, peoplefinder, radarus, etc.) They all are only marginally useful as not all carriers are willing to sell them their database information so there are holes in their info.  And more to the point, those with a vested interest in your NOT being able to pull up their real name - like oh, I don't know providers and clients - that have been around the block a time or two know how to opt out of these services, provide fake names, etc.  In other words the truly experienced, knowledgeable and discreet providers - the ones that know what they are doing - are the ones that you will screen out with these services.  Not sure that is very useful.  But if I am missing something here, do tell.

As to other post, yes,  for normal personal and business info or genealogy, etc. some of these pay sites can be very useful, but not so much when the person you are researching has a strong interest in remaining anonymous, recognizes they have that interest (is that Nikki's keyboard i hear warming up?!?) and takes action to protect themselves.  

One last piece to this rant - reminder - DO NOT use your work phone if a provider or your hobby phone for placing other ads on line (furniture, puppies, etc.) and certainly not for voting registration because this will all pop up in a search.  Including on voter records with your real name and address. :eek:  Be safe out there.

3 hours ago, Bootymaster said:

I have found this website very effective to pre screen my provider. And of course if a number won't list...is it a bust? You betcha.

Have any else used it?

I used that site years ago when VOIP was newish and the Local Number Portability Act had just been put into place. My team was porting numbers from carriers around the country. It doesn't tell you anything about the person who has the number, so I'm not sure what's being verified when you plug in the area code and prefix. Knowing the switch name helps when there's a porting problem; it's not going to tell you whether you about to get scammed.

On 2/14/2016 at 9:27 AM, Bootymaster said:

Have any else used it?

I don't see this site as useful.  I just ran a burner phone number through it and a few others...there's absolutely no safety info.  I use verify him and been verified.  It's well worth the small fees they charge.

If you want to verify your provider, do a web search on their contact info and reviews, forums and ads will come up...you'll learn a heck of a lot more that way.

Namaste

Back to the OP - using a phone number match service to screen providers has to be the dumbest idea I have ever heard.  What are you screening for?  You think the real name will come up?  Gimme a break.  You think it will register "City and County of Denver"?  Gimme a break, LEO is smarter than that.  You will find nothing of value.  If you want to screen providers, use P411, ECCIE, etc., something that was built to screen providers.

Brandy - you are such a sweetheart (and I know from personal experience), I sure hope you are using more than these services to screen, for the same reason.

Edited by Badboy
correct misspelling

1 minute ago, Badboy said:

Back to the OP - using a phone number match service to screen providers has to be the dumbest idea I have ever heard.  What are you screening for?  You think the real name will come up?  Gimme a break.  You think it will register "City and County of Denver"?  Gimme a break, LEO is smarter than that.  You will find nothing of value.  If you want to screen providers, use P411, ECCIE, etc., something that was built to screen providers.

Brandy - you are such a sweetheart (and I know from personal experience), I sure hope you are using more than these services to screen, for the same reason.

No, but when that ph# leads back to reviewS on several boards, I generally figure that the provider is legit. I might even have an idea of the type of service she provides. 

4 hours ago, Badboy said:

I am, but I'll tell ya what.  I saw a disposable number once, and guess who it was? The cheese.  Apparently they can, and will play nice with you and chuckle about their fish shot In a barrel while trying to make friendly small talk like I don't want them to dry up like salty snails or just GTFO. Then they'll tell the weasel who wore a wire and tried  unsuccessfully to get a word out of ya...that he did a good job. Screen screen screen, and when you have done that, screen again. 

Edited by B_randy
Left out words.

26 minutes ago, B_randy said:

I am, but I'll tell ya what.  I saw a disposable number once, and guess who it was? The cheese.  Apparently they can, and will play nice with you and chuckle about their fish shot In a barrel while trying to make friendly small talk like I don't want them to dry up like salty snails or just GTFO. Then they'll tell the weasel who wore a wire and tried  unsuccessfully to get a word out of ya...that he did a good job. Screen screen screen, and when you have done that, screen again. 

Would someone run this through a translator?

5 hours ago, Badboy said:

Actually Verify Him is a very sharp tool in the tool box. It is for providers only and is an invaluable resource used by many. It has tools that P411 and ECCIE don't offer. Verify Him is all about safety and networking and no advertising. It's also one of the few places where providers can post about about bad clients. http://www.verifyhim.com/

Screening by phone number is entirely reasonable, it doesn't catch everything but it can be way more helpful than people realize. There is a large number of clients that book with a real phone number or from a personal email address. Which means that many clients are painlessly screened.

18 minutes ago, inkspot said:

Would someone run this through a translator?

I think she means it was the cops but because they couldn't get an admission of guilt they left

Got told no once in 10 years. Didn't like the phone number. Said ok and moved on. Mostly had burners. They're more like oven mitts. Too easy to get burned with your real number. Remember first time bad boy report sent me a text on the burner wanting money. Said lol and moved on. Only 1 girl this whole time got my real number. I got hers too. Dunno why people want to put real numbers out there for the chance to get some. Gonna catch more than a good time that way.

1 hour ago, jj254 said:

Got told no once in 10 years. Didn't like the phone number. Said ok and moved on. Mostly had burners. They're more like oven mitts. Too easy to get burned with your real number. Remember first time bad boy report sent me a text on the burner wanting money. Said lol and moved on. Only 1 girl this whole time got my real number. I got hers too. Dunno why people want to put real numbers out there for the chance to get some. Gonna catch more than a good time that way.

I'm not gonna tell you to change how you do things, but I've been using the same "real" number since the 1990s. The only thing I've ever caught WAS a good time. 

Different strokes for different folks. :)

39 minutes ago, pfunk said:

I'm not gonna tell you to change how you do things, but I've been using the same "real" number since the 1990s. The only thing I've ever caught WAS a good time. 

painless right? and you don't have that pesky extra phone that you have to remember to charge

36 minutes ago, pfunk said:

Number I use now I've had for a year. Plenty other ways to get verified. I don't argue rules n rates. Just move on to a situation I agree with better. Plenty other women, plenty other dudes. We ain't gonna miss each other.