LesisMore

What's a 10?

130 posts in this topic

Put me in the camp that prefers the ECCIE style of review.  A simple yes or no, maybe some other details like activities, and a detailed explaination of why.

You just can't put an accurate number on this stuff that everyone will agree with.

It would also be easy to convert the existing database.  5 and above is a "yes."

2 minutes ago, Laplace said:

You just can't put an accurate number on this stuff...

Come on Pierre, wouldn't your avatar want us to try? What, you gonna give up just cuz the math is hard?:cool:

58 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Come on Pierre, wouldn't your avatar want us to try? What, you gonna give up just cuz the math is hard?:cool:

Those who have argued against Laplace's demon would tell you that a 100% statistical interpretation of a particular phenomenon is impossible, even if one person COULD possibly collect all the information on all the ladies out there.

It would be fun to try, but I have learned with age that the forces of entropy are too great.....especially in matters concerning women.

In my youth I believed all things were quantifiable.  Even women.  I must now admit I was wrong.

15 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Wonderful suggestion, gr8owl! I really love the 0-5 scale provided in your post (embedded in your quote). 

+1  

gr8owl's suggested 0-5 scale comes as close to being objective as I have seen which is what is needed to remove all the personal bias good or bad from the rating scales.

12 minutes ago, QuietGuy said:

+1  

gr8owl's suggested 0-5 scale comes as close to being objective as I have seen which is what is needed to remove all the personal bias good or bad from the rating scales.

This 0-5 scale would do nothing to improve our review forum. we would simply have a review forum full of 5's just as we had a review forum full of fantastic's just as we have a review forum full of 10 - 10's now.

There are two kind of reviewers on our forum. we have the kind that review as an exchange of information so people can play better informed. these reviewers are easy to spot, some good, some great, some bad, and usually an accurate and honest description of the event. Then we have the reviewers who review as an advertisement for the provider. these reviewers stick out like a sore thumb, all sunshine and rainbows all 10 - 10 every review fantastic the best session they have ever had. all of this leads to my question, is our review forum really a broken tool, or do we have too many broken tools posting reviews?

But boink, for some it is in a 10-10 in their eyes, and they had a mind blowing amazing time.  I don't think we should discredit any 10-10s  just because of the fact that they saw it as a 10. It's where we are going to being subjective again.  If the said gent was dumbfounded by her beauty  and had a damn great time, why shouldn't he feel it was a 10? There is also provider backlash at hand. 

I had a thing we don't talk about on here where the gent said I had saggy breasts and a flabby tummy. In 10 years I had never once had anyone say that.  He even went as far as to say my personality made up for any "shortcomings" (bastard).  And the session was good. But then the next day texts me asking to see me again.  I don't think "eff  no" explains how little I ever wanted to see him again. It made me feel awful and days passed  where I didn't even know if I wanted to be a provider again.  Killed every ounce of my self esteem.  So for this guy he was blacklisted in my eyes for what he had said.  So I think a lot of where having a numerical system comes into play is how is that provider going to treat you if it's not a simple yes or no, and their beauty is now a number.  

I say I'm a 6 naked and 8 clothed, but for some personally I may be a 10. I won't agree with that but who are we to suggest in that person's eyes, we aren't the best the best they ever had? 

23 minutes ago, boink36 said:

This 0-5 scale would do nothing to improve our review forum. we would simply have a review forum full of 5's just as we had a review forum full of fantastic's just as we have a review forum full of 10 - 10's now.

all of this leads to my question, is our review forum really a broken tool, or do we have too many broken tools posting reviews?

You're right. Until we can convince the shills to post honest reviews, any change is pointless. 

Speaking of broken tools - consider the conversion from the old review database. How many 10/10s did that introduce into the system?

Here's a suggestion:

- Reviews may not have a rating greater than 4 on a 1-5 scale when initially posted. 

- Once/year (birthday?) a reviewer may request that one review be adjusted by the mods to a 5, Best of the Year rating. 

- If we maintain separate Looks & Service categories, the reviewer may nominate one review (perhaps the same review) in each category for Best of the Year. After all, great Looks do not mean great Service, and vice versa.

Now that I have had a chance to give this more thought, I think my first thought was probably right. Whisperer most likely wishes he didn't ask.

Here's an idea. Drop the reviews all together. Transition TOB to a discussion, messaging and reference site.

Oh and advertising. Somebody has to make Boink's boat payment. :cool:

Edited by Raoul
forgot the $

7 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Please elaborate. 

Talk about making things complicated lol.  It wasn't so much a smh that's a stupid idea, so much as smh, this is getting too into detail.  Simpler the better.  Like that's just too complex for mongering  lol

How is it complicated?

When writing a review, your available rating scale is 1-4. Easy peasy.

Then once/year a reviewer may sit down and reflect on the ladies he has seen over the past year. This should be a pleasurable trip down memory lane. Pick the best and ask the mods to change the rating on that review. It's voluntary and yet forces one to think about their choice. I specified 'birthday' to keep the mods from being slammed with requests and yet limit an individuals frequency of updates.

The goal is to eliminate the preponderance of shills where every experience is the best they've ever had, to make the ratings meaningful.

You want complicated? Try this:

- At any given time a reviewer may only have one top ranked review. 

- When a top ranked review is posted, his previous top ranked review is automatically downgraded one notch. 

The problem with this scheme is that for the shills, it becomes a Flavor of the Week rating. A previous Superior experience may get downgraded w/o due consideration. 

As for getting into detail - Hey, I'm an engineer 😜

Edited by Bit Banger

54 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

You're right. Until we can convince the shills to post honest reviews, any change is pointless. 

Speaking of broken tools - consider the conversion from the old review database. How many 10/10s did that introduce into the system?

This is another example of guys shilling / advertising with reviews. we had 90% fantastic reviews on the old forum. in the conversion that's 90% 10 - 10 on the new one.  the need for honest reviewing is clear, the providers here are very intelligent and capable of advertising on their own. I have a suggestion for the guys advertising with reviews. post honest accurate reviews and if you still feel the need to help a provider advertise, pay for her ad on the ad board.  

34 minutes ago, boink36 said:

This is another example of guys shilling / advertising with reviews. we had 90% fantastic reviews on the old forum. in the conversion that's 90% 10 - 10 on the new one.  the need for honest reviewing is clear, the providers here are very intelligent and capable of advertising on their own. I have a suggestion for the guys advertising with reviews. post honest accurate reviews and if you still feel the need to help a provider advertise, pay for her ad on the ad board.  

I don't think bit's idea is bad. I think numbers won't work because of how ToB is structured. References gotta be recent ya know. If I drop a 3-3 rating on a girl she won't give me a reference. She ain't giving me a ToB ok. She might give a p411 ok since she won't know that's me. Another provider looks at my history of dropping 3s, she won't book me. Used to be here you could have a separate review handle from board handle. (I lost like 20 something reviews from the transition because of this). That's just a patch. Not a fix. You can fight the good fight. Been going on since at least 2006. What's a 10/fantastic? For a guy like riggo it's cuddling. More power to him. Hope every lady cuddles his brains out at half the rate. That's not my 10. Better to just cut numbers. Pics accurate Y/N? No more "looks" random number. Recommend/Reject? No more service number. So a review would look like:

Sally's Tool Service:

Recommend: 8  Reject: 2 No show:3

Review by jj254: Pics Accurate? Y Recommend: Y

Consenting Activities: TF UTF MPCFS DATY AARP LOLWTFBBQ

Details: We did the dirty.

No more math. No more arguing what's a 10 v 5. Some dudes will still recommend a 5. They'll still get the oks. No more fights over looks/service. It's not perfect. No system is. But it's improved. 

5 minutes ago, SpiceInCo said:

Can you gift someone ads here? 

That would be Awesome!

They have that feature available on P411, it rocks and because of that I received a very lovely Christmas gift of P411 points to use for my advertising ;-)

Edited by Scarlett Dayne

5 minutes ago, jj254 said:

Consenting Activities: TF UTF MPCFS DATY AARP LOLWTFBBQ

I will pass on the AARP but gimme soma dat LOLWTFBBQ.:cool:

1 hour ago, boink36 said:

Not what I'm saying. On the old system I had ~7% FANTASTICs. On converted reviews I have ~85% rated as 10/10. 

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Here's a suggestion:

- Reviews may not have a rating greater than 4 on a 1-5 scale when initially posted. Most of you men wouldn't make it past 5 either, both literally and figuratively speaking.

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

As for getting into detail - Hey, I'm an engineer 😜 Seems a lot of men in the hobby are engineers, I wonder why?

Bit we know you frown on giving 10's, let it go. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

We have hashed out this scale topic before. Yes, we also know some reviews got transferred in with overly high marks. **See both below**

Reviews and references need to be taken with a grain of salt. Still do your homework and trust your gut.

56 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Not what I'm saying. On the old system I had ~7% FANTASTICs. On converted reviews I have ~85% rated as 10/10. 

I get that and it's a shame they didn't convert a little better than that. prehistoric forum code and modern forum code there were only three ways to go. we could do it the way it was done. we could throw 17,000+ reviews in the scrapper. we could transfer manually one at a time 17,000+ reviews. there was really only one choice. my point was the existing shilling / advertising reviews made the problem much larger and added to the inflation. 

3 hours ago, Raoul said:

Now that I have had a chance to give this more thought, I think my first thought was probably right. Whisperer most likely wishes he didn't ask.

Here's an idea. Drop the reviews all together. Transition TOB to a discussion, messaging and reference site.

Oh and advertising. Somebody has to make Boink's boat payment. :cool:

Not at all Raoul

Here's a few ideas:

• let's set all ASP ratings at 10/10
  • let's give all students A's, even though they can't read or add two single digit numbers together. 
  • let's hand out gold medals to everyone at the starting line for the Olympics
  • let's give blue ribbons to all the 4H cattle, even those that look like deer
  • let's all demand $1M/year for salaries. Hell, make that $10 million 

Sounds great until you realize (if you have half a brain) that's not the way thing work.  There are rewards for excellence. In Nature the stakes are high; you get to survive & procreate. Failure often means a gruesome Death. 

Edited by Bit Banger

3 hours ago, PeterPrinciple said:

Easy. Bo Derek,  let's not overthink this!

And all this time I thought it was Julie Andrews. 😗

12 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Here's a few ideas:

• let's set all ASP ratings at 10/10
  • let's give all students A's, even though they can't read or add two single digit numbers together. 
  • let's hand out gold medals to everyone at the starting line for the Olympics
  • let's give blue ribbons to all the 4H cattle, even those that look like deer
  • let's all demand $1M/year for salaries. Hell, make that $10 million 

Sounds great until you realize (if you have half a brain) that's not the way thing work.  There are rewards for excellence. In Nature the stakes are high; you get to survive & procreate. Failure often means a gruesome Death. 

Dumbasses get to procreate all the time. People exaggerate on their resumes all the time. I don't see a problem with giving an "A" for effort. I happen to like the way deer look. People in wheel chairs get gold medals all the time.

Stop blaming the women who have 10's, and the men who give 10's. It is up to the buyer to do their research. Stop trying to make a choice when you have an erection.....look past the numbers and read the content of the review.

Stop trying to compare the "hobby" to "real life" it is not. I like my reviews, but you won't see them on my resume, and they won't be read at my funeral.

You don't have to like an ASP, you don't have to like a review. No one has the right to force a person into giving a 4, when they feel inside it is a 10.

If you do have half a brain, you will realize people are different and people like different things. Again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

6 hours ago, boink36 said:

There are two kind of reviewers on our forum. we have the kind that review as an exchange of information so people can play better informed. these reviewers are easy to spot, some good, some great, some bad, and usually an accurate and honest description of the event. Then we have the reviewers who review as an advertisement for the provider. these reviewers stick out like a sore thumb, all sunshine and rainbows all 10 - 10 every review fantastic the best session they have ever had. all of this leads to my question, is our review forum really a broken tool, or do we have too many broken tools posting reviews?

And, of course, there's the guy who doesn't review at all, but likes to tell everyone else how they should do it! 

Kinda like the non-voter who always complains about government. :lol:

While you all argued about this I went out and got laid!  Splendid choice on my part!  Suppose I could do a review, but there may be dreaded 10's involved because holy shit, I enjoyed it!  :D

To try to rate something as subjective as looks/body type is absolutely futile.  That was why the earlier attempt to define a way to simply rate expectations, compare accuracy of ads, etc.  Service is another matter.  Attitude, effort, demeanor - those things can be rated - just keep in mind they are effected by your shitty ass attitude if you bring one.  Those are much more important to my enjoyment anyway. They can also be changed by the provider if she wants to.  But to tell a lady that is giving her all to a string of less than knockout, grumpy, aging dicks that her ass is too big, boobs too small, face is plain and blah, blah, blah when for the most part she can't change it, it isn't important, she is waaay more attractive than you would get otherwise, and you are just making her feel like shit - how fricking stupid is that?  

59 minutes ago, Kashmir said:

Stop blaming the women who have 10's, and the men who give 10's. It is up to the buyer to do their research. Stop trying to make a choice when you have an erection.....look past the numbers and read the content of the review.

I'm not blaming the women who have 10's, and only the men who always give 10's.  There are definitely some 10's at the upper end of the Bell Curve. I know, because I've written a few FANTASTIC reviews.

You are definitely correct that it is up to the buyer to do their research. I'm just asking that the available research material be useful.  I want reviews that are Consumer Reports worthy, not some puff piece for People magazine or Penthouse Letters.