Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stonemaker

North Denver

12 posts in this topic

So I recently moved to Colorado and not really familiar with the north south blah blah..I'm from the east coast. Anyway, when providers post North Denver what area, generally, are they they talking about. I hate calling an SP and asking if they are in Aurora, where I stay, and being like oh ok never mind. Thanks!

So I recently moved to Colorado and not really familiar with the north south blah blah..I'm from the east coast. Anyway, when providers post North Denver what area, generally, are they they talking about. I hate calling an SP and asking if they are in Aurora, where I stay, and being like oh ok never mind. Thanks!
This has been discussed before awhile ago, but I think the general consensus is North Denver is I-25 and 84th, 104th and 120th exits. Aurora is considered Aurora. Some consider Hwy 36 corridor north Denver, but mainly the hotels on I-25 and the exits above are North Denver.

Welcome to Colorado, good luck and have fun!

This has been discussed before awhile ago, but I think the general consensus is North Denver is I-25 and 84th, 104th and 120th exits. Aurora is considered Aurora. Some consider Hwy 36 corridor north Denver, but mainly the hotels on I-25 and the exits above are North Denver.

That clears it some..thanks..is that like the "hood" I know some consider Aurora hoodish but I promise I live on the good side lol

I think the days of aurora being the hood are largely over. At least as far as anyone youll find here goes.

Intresting,when I moved here around 1972, "North Denver " was considered the area around "North High School." Your description sounds more like Westminster and Thornton.

In one of the mentioned earlier discussions/threads, I posted that there was a provider I contacted that had north Denver as I-25 and Colfax/Speer.

And the related topic: what's the boundary streets of DTC?

Wiki: The DTC roughly corresponds to the area surrounding the I-25 corridor between I-225 and SH 88 (Arapahoe Road).

Some folks place the N boundary@Hampden & the S boundary@Lincoln, but that's not according to the original development plan.

Edited by Bit Banger
Formatting & HTML errors

Some folks place the N boundary@Hampden & the S boundary@Lincoln, but that's not according to the original development plan.

In one of the mentioned earlier discussions/threads, I posted that there was a provider I contacted that had north Denver as I-25 and Colfax/Speer.

And the related topic: what's the boundary streets of DTC?

Intresting,when I moved here around 1972, "North Denver " was considered the area around "North High School." Your description sounds more like Westminster and Thornton.

Ok now I'm more confused..I guess I'll just stick to calling the sp and asking where they are lol

Ok now I'm more confused..I guess I'll just stick to calling the sp and asking where they are lol

Denver-Map.jpg

I've always considered all the locations in postings to be 'ish'. DTC ish, N Denver ish, DTown ish. But then Aurora usually means Aurora. Wonder what that means? Then there was 'near DTC', Iliff and 225. Thought that was Aurora ish. Usually location posts get me in the vicinity of 10 ish minutes of travel time. First contact gets me real close, especially when I ask. Not looking for address, just closer 'ish'. Unless first contact means from outside this solar system. Then 'ish' gets pretty big.

Is this helping ish? Have I had too much ish coffee?

I can't go on. I don't have the stomish.

Hooker geography!

I agree with the above, most consider that North Denver. if we are talking about the city of Dever itself, with the exception of DIA none of Denver extends north of 58th.