Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pauliane

Does it seem odd that a new provider on the Board bombards us with 7+ posts?

42 posts in this topic

Looks like the provider in question has been banned, hopefully for a good, long while. It was really getting annoying.

That said, IMHO this board is way too forgiving towards new posters. On many "specialty" boards noobs aren't even allowed to start a thread, unless they've racked up a certain number of (relevant) posts.

Just take the recent bbfs thread. This particularly horse has been beaten to death and back, still this bullshit is allowed to go on and on.

There should be an upvote/downvote system just like on reddit.

Looks like the provider in question has been banned, hopefully for a good, long while. It was really getting annoying.

That said, IMHO this board is way too forgiving towards new posters. On many "specialty" boards noobs aren't even allowed to start a thread, unless they've racked up a certain number of (relevant) posts.

Just take the recent bbfs thread. This particularly horse has been beaten to death and back, still this bullshit is allowed to go on and on.

And some boards implement a probationary period, where noob submissions don't even get automatically posted until they've been reviewed & approved.

One way to fix it here would be to limit all posters (not just noobs) to, say, one new thread per day, and three per week. The idea being that if it's important enough to start a new thread, it can wait a day. And, if the poster really does want relevant information (as opposed to simply veiled advertising) he/she can search the archives for the dozens of other threads that have already covered it.

With the banning, it would appear that we "trolls" weren't so far off base after all. :cool::P

And some boards implement a probationary period, where noob submissions don't even get automatically posted until they've been reviewed & approved.

One way to fix it here would be to limit all posters (not just noobs) to, say, one new thread per day, and three per week. The idea being that if it's important enough to start a new thread, it can wait a day. And, if the poster really does want relevant information (as opposed to simply veiled advertising) he/she can search the archives for the dozens of other threads that have already covered it.

With the banning, it would appear that we "trolls" weren't so far off base after all. :cool::P

Far as I know: TOB has a probationary period, mainly to discourage the spam kings.

The reason(s) she was banned and the duration remain business between her and Management; I don't think it's appropriate to speculate that you "fine fellows" are correct in your assessments.

Perhaps y'all should take the sage advice offered and skip the ones that are so obviously advertising.

A final word on the OP(both post, and poster):

They may be green peas, and they may be redundant, but at least they are attempting to participate in(at least) the spirit which the board was intended to serve; and if they are truly "just advertising", Gina as the proprietor of the two relevant ad boards would seem to be the only one getting hurt by it. It's really none of your concern. :cool:

Edited by MrReindeer
Science! And considering the quoted poster, a colon was necessary.

Far as I know: TOB has a probationary period, mainly to discourage the spam kings.

Perhaps y'all should take the sage advice offered and skip the ones that are so obviously advertising.

And the TRUE trolls come alive.

If a "true" spammer hit the board, I suspect you'd be singing a different tune. This situation wasn't that much different - the main distinction being that in this case, the "highly active thread starter" owns lady parts. :cool: :cool:

The reason(s) she was banned and the duration remain business between her and Management; I don't think it's appropriate to speculate that you "fine fellows" are correct in your assessments.

They may be green peas, and they may be redundant, but at least they are attempting to participate in(at least) the spirit which the board was intended to serve; and if they are truly "just advertising", Gina as the proprietor of the two relevant ad boards would seem to be the only one getting hurt by it. It's really none of your concern. :cool:

Exactly!!! I couldn't have said it better.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

Agreed

Agreed

If a "true" spammer hit the board, I suspect you'd be singing a different tune. This situation wasn't that much different - the main distinction being that in this case, the "highly active thread starter" owns lady parts. :cool: :cool:

You're hardly a thread starter. Why don't you get proactive and start better threads. Instead of constantly pissing and moaning about other people.

Things like (tongue in cheek):

Do you like blue or yellow TP in my incall?

What is your favorite number between 4 and 12?

Do you prefer incalls in Hotels or hotels?

So are these attempts to draw attention to herself or am I just being a toad for Halloween?

I had seen/reviewed the provider in question. And even after reading all posts, I would vote for you being a toad.

Agreed

You're hardly a thread starter. Why don't you get proactive and start better threads. Instead of constantly pissing and moaning about other people.

Alas, I think it's deeply imbedded in his DNA....

No, it's not odd. Someone has told her that it's good for business, so she gets a wee bit overzealous. She should start out slowly, but figures if one post is good, several must be better.

Now if a guy with three posts comes on the board and innocently asks, "Who gives the best massage with extras?" Now that is ODD. Nothing to do there, but say, "It's all legit massages out there, officer."

If it weren't for you guys whining and crying like little bitches, this thread would have died 20 posts ago. Get out of mom's basement already! :)

If it weren't for you guys whining and crying like little bitches, this thread would have died 20 posts ago. Get out of mom's basement already! :)

And yet, you're keeping it alive by whining & crying like a little bitch, aren't you? Pot, kettle.

With the banning, it would appear that we "trolls" weren't so far off base after all. :confused:

Yes you were and still are. Though there was really no need to point it out, so I won't. I will point out that the guy below was right, I hope the two of you aren't keeping score.