Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
decafnaetd

Can a guy get some cross streets???

21 posts in this topic

OK, so as a noob to the area, so far one of my biggest frustrations is having no clue where a tempting provider is. Turns out that when they say DTC or Westminster those are huge areas! If I'm trying to do a lunch time tryst the 20 minute span from one side of town to the other makes a significant difference. I'm not saying you should give your exact location, but wouldn't it be nice if more ads would narrow it down to a 5 minute radius instead of a 30 minute radius?

This is actually one of my biggest pet peeves. No cross street!

Then, again, as a noob you'll soon realize that 95% of working girls aren't exactly Stephen Hawking in the brain department, so they probably think that you're going to hunt them down and kill them if they give you some cross streets or an intersection.

The larger issue is that many working girls have a terrible sense of direction and geography. It got a little better with navigational systems. Used to be you got a call from a chick: Be there in 10 minutes! 3 hours later.... Or, I see your house! 2 hours later....

If I'm on a time crunch, I usually ask the provider to guess in minutes how far they are from my location during our initial communication. Understandable if they don't want to give too much detail in the ad. I've found that the definition of DTC on the ad boards is anywhere from Lone Tree to the Hampden/I-25 area.

I have the same issue as the OP: I really need to know where the provider is located before committing the time to try and meet up. I have found that a quick e-mail to the provider explaining the situation always results in just what I needed (some of them simply give you the name of the apartment complex instead of cross streets, which is really great).

Sometimes I just have to reply that it won't work in that location, other times, if it is a good location, we can just move into making arrangements.

I can see why they wouldn't put too much location info into the postings, so I don't mind the e-mail request route.

It helps if you have a few P 411 OKs, sets their minds at ease that you are not a stalker, time waster or LE.

I do not understand why it is a big deal to give out cross streets. I could say the cross streets of x and y and well considering there are probably 20,000 houses around that area, I seriously doubt a guy is going to drive around trying to figure out where exactly I am. I have no problem saying in such and such area, because as many have said, their on a lunch break etc. Sometimes it does suck when a guy is across town and can't make it to my neck of the woods, but they usually work it out for next time. Cross streets within 2 miles is not a big deal IMO.

I do not understand why it is a big deal to give out cross streets. I could say the cross streets of x and y and well considering there are probably 20,000 houses around that area, I seriously doubt a guy is going to drive around trying to figure out where exactly I am. I have no problem saying in such and such area, because as many have said, their on a lunch break etc. Sometimes it does suck when a guy is across town and can't make it to my neck of the woods, but they usually work it out for next time. Cross streets within 2 miles is not a big deal IMO.

^^ this ^^ I have had the same thing happen as OP, and it is damn frustrating.

Ask how long it takes from the cross streets given. If they say DTC, I ask what exit off of I-25 - and then, how long to the location. If it's any more than 5 mins, I'll find someone else who's a bit more helpful.

Agreed! I booking with a gal posting dtc, turned out to be other side of highlands ranch. I wouldn't have booked if I knew that. The apt went wonderfully so no complaints about that par, but that is a factor. I was thinking it would be a quick 20 min drive from up town. Turns out to be 2-3 times that. There and back quite the tiny little detail to leave out. Not that I have anything against her, just would not schedule when she's that far out.

This is actually one of my biggest pet peeves. No cross street!

Then, again, as a noob you'll soon realize that 95% of working girls aren't exactly Stephen Hawking in the brain department, so they probably think that you're going to hunt them down and kill them if they give you some cross streets or an intersection.

The larger issue is that many working girls have a terrible sense of direction and geography. It got a little better with navigational systems. Used to be you got a call from a chick: Be there in 10 minutes! 3 hours later.... Or, I see your house! 2 hours later....

Stephen Hawking has been invoked in a TOB post. You crack me up.

Stephen Hawking has been invoked in a TOB post. You crack me up.

I suspect that's because 2big looks a lot like Stephen Hawking. ;)

I suspect that's because 2big looks a lot like Stephen Hawking. ;)

He might also have that same metallic voice.

+1 I have no issues giving a general idea of where I am. I understand traffic and how it can be a hassle around here. :mad:

I don't like it if we've never spoken before and I get a text "what's your location" with nothing to follow.

Oh hello Mr. Person I don't know anything about. How about you start off with a little more info about yourself so I can at least know you aren't a) LE B) going to turn my bones into wind chimes c) waste my time

You may need to see about timing on your end but I need to screen your rude ass first before I give you a full address!!! :D

The larger issue is that many working girls have a terrible sense of direction and geography. It got a little better with navigational systems.

Without my GPS I'd be a 2Big statistic. I'm directionally challenged behind the wheel. If the map doesn't talk to me then my life is just over. :eek:

I absolutely adore Stephen Hawking...He has come up with some of the most amazing theories yet, next to Einstein that is but that should go without saying...Although I personally think there is something seriously amiss with his latest string theory announcement...I think he is actually close to bringing the idea of alternate universes into mainstream science and could possibly be what is missing from his current theories...

But honestly I seriously doubt he would concern himself with something as trivial as cross streets...

Oh hello Mr. Person I don't know anything about. How about you start off with a little more info about yourself so I can at least know you aren't a) LE B) going to turn my bones into wind chimes c) waste my time

'Tis the season.

I'll often ask for a general location. I wouldn't expect an address, but I need to know if it's something I can manage on a lunch hour. Women have always been happy to give me that info. It would be great if there was a way to search by location. But it's pretty understandable why that's not likely to happen.

It's my experience that even though an ad may only give a general part of town, the young lady will usually give me a pretty specific location when I am booking, within at least 5 minutes of her actual location. But I agree, I wouldn't drive to a large area of the city not knowing with more certainty where I was heading.

Absolutely.....If someone books an appointment specifics are important otherwise I would think an area within a few miles would be a decent reference point...

:eek:Really, Stephen Hawkings is in the hobby now???:eek: Have to keep that in mind for a later time since I already scheduled with someone else today...LMFAO...:cool:

I'm not saying you should give your exact location, but wouldn't it be nice if more ads would narrow it down to a 5 minute radius instead of a 30 minute radius?

The OP isn't asking about directions after scheduling. He wants to know beforehand where he's heading and how long it's going to take him, roughly. Hence, the need for a couple of cross streets in the vicinity of the girl's crib. This isn't rocket science (to stay within the Hawking metaphor).:cool:

The idea is that I'd like to know before hand whether I should take the time to bother you providers. I feel bad sending a message that just says " I might like to see you if you are reasonably close... Oh... DTC in your ad means the southern border of Aurora? That's a little out of my range. " I don't want to waste both of our times. If I could look at the ad and know where you are within 5-10 minutes, that would be really helpful.

If I could look at the ad and know where you are within 5-10 minutes, that would be really helpful.

I know right?!? Don't these girls know how valuable our time is! I wish they'd put a menu, nude pics, face pics, and an old guy discount, in those ads too! :D