Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bit Banger

Tipping

25 posts in this topic

In a thread on ATFs

I have noticed some clients tip. If you initially tipped for good service, ...

My general guideline for tipping (which applies to this industry as well as others) is:

If the provider sets the rates, they should be sufficient.(*)

If the house sets the rates, I then tip for good service.

Thoughts?

(*) I have been known to break this rule for excellent service. Tips are not always monetary.

I always thought the rule was you tipped for personal non-medical services, if the service was good.

Fishing and hunting guides

Barbers

Waitstaff

Valets

Painted ladies of the evening.

That's what my ol' granpappy taught me. Didn't matter who set the price.

Do you tip your doctor, dentist, lawyer or therapist? Professionals generally do not accept tips and that should include hookers.

Do you tip your doctor, dentist, lawyer or therapist? Professionals generally do not accept tips and that should include hookers.

I do! I may not tip them with money but thank you cards and little treats. I like to stay in the good graces of anyone that provides me a service.

"should" be an individual decision. It's as simple as that, tip if you want if hookers aren't worth it to you then don't.

Do you tip your doctor, dentist, lawyer or therapist? Professionals generally do not accept tips and IN MY OPINION that should include hookers.

Fixed it for you.

I don't tip. IMO tipping is reserved for those that are not getting properly compensated by their employers. That is part of the reason I try to only see independent ladies. That way I don't need to worry about how much the agency is taking.

I feel that independent providers shouldn't get tips in most cases. They set the rates (for their time) and since anything we do is a matter of consent between adults, it's up to them what the rates are and what we do. I have had a handful of favorites over time who go above and beyond for me, so I've done the same for them.

The only time I regularly tip is when overseas in legal brothels where the ladies are likely getting a very small cut and the rates are set by the house. There I tip according to the level of enthusiasm provided.

You often get what you pay for.

When I was a blackjack dealer I would deal slower when the table was full of tippers so the fun would last longer. At some point the gamblers where going to lose their money but I tried to make it last as long as management allowed. If they where not tipping, I would deal fast and get the gamblers off the table as fast as possible.

When I worked as a valet, I would sometimes take a car to the carwash and have it cleaned for the owner. Those cars where parked up front so we could keep an eye on them.

Before there where digital cameras, when people ask me to take a group photo. If they where tippers, I tried to get them some great images that would last a lifetime. If they stiffed me, I would take the photo cutting off their heads. Oops!

As a doorman, the directions given to the tipper where better and more detailed than those given to non-tippers.

Non-tippers where always given professional polite service but sometimes you didn't have any desire to go the extra mile.

As with most people, if you tip in a way that is not degrading and show that you appreciate the level of service, you will often get better service. I'm sure it is the same with many professions.

When I was a blackjack dealer I would deal slower when the table was full of tippers so the fun would last longer. At some point the gamblers where going to lose their money but I tried to make it last as long as management allowed. If they where not tipping, I would deal fast and get the gamblers off the table as fast as possible.

When I worked as a valet, I would sometimes take a car to the carwash and have it cleaned for the owner. Those cars where parked up front so we could keep an eye on them.

Before there where digital cameras, when people ask me to take a group photo. If they where tippers, I tried to get them some great images that would last a lifetime. If they stiffed me, I would take the photo cutting off their heads. Oops!

As a doorman, the directions given to the tipper where better and more detailed than those given to non-tippers.

Non-tippers where always given professional polite service but sometimes you didn't have any desire to go the extra mile.

As with most people, if you tip in a way that is not degrading and show that you appreciate the level of service, you will often get better service. I'm sure it is the same with many professions.

Wise Man......... :)

Very well said Floor Flusher. This could be a very tricky question posed by Bit. Personally, I agree with Bit, and I don't monetarily tip unless the ladies donation ends in an odd number. After all, gents only carry Bennie's and Jackson's and heaven forbid you break up one of these crown jewels?!?!? :D

Since I usually see well-reviewed ladies, most have on their web sites what they like as gifts in lieu of additional funds for tipping. If time allows before our adventure, I'm more apt to pick up a gift versus a monetary tip as I think it carries a bit more weight in her eyes, that you took the time to acknowledge her likes.

Very well said Floor Flusher. This could be a very tricky question posed by Bit. Personally, I agree with Bit, and I don't monetarily tip unless the ladies donation ends in an odd number. After all, gents only carry Bennie's and Jackson's and heaven forbid you break up one of these crown jewels?!?!? :D

Since I usually see well-reviewed ladies, most have on their web sites what they like as gifts in lieu of additional funds for tipping. If time allows before our adventure, I'm more apt to pick up a gift versus a monetary tip as I think it carries a bit more weight in her eyes, that you took the time to acknowledge her likes.

+1 on the rounding up. Anytime there's a 10 spot or 5 spot in my bundle of joy, I feel cheap! Funny, isn't it? I know it all spends the same.

As to the gifts.....one of the very first ladies I saw (this was in Nebraska) had a wonderful website with all kinds of gift suggestions. One item she said she loved was red wine. Now, I'm currently just a back country hick, but I've traveled a fair amount and spent years developing a rather sophisticated wine palate. I took great pains to select a fine wine from my personal collection and bring it to our date. Her reaction? "Oooooh....that stuff gives me heartburn." :rolleyes:

Maybe it's not fair to all the other ladies I've seen, but since then I've pretty much just stuck with greenbacks when it comes to tips. I keep thinking of the reaction of Lilly von Schtupp from Blazing Saddles:

"Woses. How Owdinawy."

... I keep thinking of the reaction of Lilly von Schtupp from Blazing Saddles:

"Woses. How Owdinawy."

I can't get "It's Tawoooo!" out of my head.

Wise Man......... :)

when i see a tip, it just makes me horny.

one of the best gifts ive gotten was a set of tools.

I usually tip at the end of almost every appointment, but the amount varies. I don't, however, if the hourly price is $300, or above.

I would imagine most ladies dont expect a tip. I can only speak for myself tho but Ive never expected one. It is nice when someone does tip either monetarily or with little gifts like chocolate or coffee but rates are set the way they are so that tips are not needed. That said I must press the importance of tipping dancers at the various gentleman clubs since that is their source of income.

I would imagine most ladies dont expect a tip. I can only speak for myself tho but Ive never expected one. ...

but rates are set the way they are so that tips are not needed. ...

There are ladies who set their rates to get you in the door and then expect you to tip for services (upsell). Not all providers use your reasonable business model.

Not trying to stereotype, but these ladies often were former dancers, which is probably where they acquired their business model.

Edited by Bit Banger
Rewrite - stupid phone

Tips are always nice, and of course never expected. Even a little rose or chocolate bar, makes me feel special.

I've always thought monetary tips were at the end of a service, and based on the quality of service. There have been times when I check donation and it is almost double, and it was all laid down prior to the session. As stated in another thread, I usually let the client know,"hey you left too much". I have yet, to have anyone, retrieve the extra. That is always a nice pleasant surprise! Thanks!;)

Tips are always nice, and of course never expected. Even a little rose or chocolate bar, makes me feel special.

I've always thought monetary tips were at the end of a service, and based on the quality of service. There have been times when I check donation and it is almost double, and it was all laid down prior to the session. As stated in another thread, I usually let the client know,"hey you left too much". I have yet, to have anyone, retrieve the extra. That is always a nice pleasant surprise! Thanks!;)

When it is my first visit to the lady, I will put the correct donation in the envelope, and if appropriate, tip afterwards. To be truthful, though, I've always felt a little tacky and clumsy with the delivery of tip. I haven't figured out a good way to do this and make both of us feel comfortable and respected.

With return visits to a lady who has treated me well in the past, I usually just put the tip in the envelope ahead of time in anticipation of a repeat performance. I have yet to be disappointed.

I always give them the biggest tip off all ... The tip of my heart.

this happened just yesterday. it was an extra bonus that he was such a fantastic kisser.

I tip a 20 up front upon greeting as I feel that sets an optimistic mood for us both. If the service is great she will get more at the end. She is human and knowing that I am generous up front can't help but put her in a better mood.