Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I feel horrible...should I?

21 posts in this topic

So yes I feel REALLY REALLY horrible about what happened this morning...just wondering what others opinions are...here's what happened...

Last night I get a call from a guy who wants to come see me today...this morning. So I give him the rundown on my screening process....seems like a nice guy... he agrees to provide the requested info...and does. After some serious screening he clears my screening & I set up the appointment he wanted for 10:30am today. I ask him to call me at 9:30 & confirm & get the addy.

9am this morning he calls....I explain that I will give him an address to gas station near by...& for him to call me 5min before 10:30 from that location so I can help guide him to my incall.

At 10:35 I receive a call from him...he claims to be at the gas station....but when I start guiding him he starts asking if he is going away or towards a certain highway which is no where near me? I explain to him thats no where near us & tell him he is 2min away from me & to just follow my directions. But he seems distracted & asks me to text him direction...I explain I don't do that.

So after hearing the first step..."head east to Blank ave". He says he will call me back in 5min that he has an "appointment phone call" for work"

So he scheduled a work call at the same time he had an appointment with me? I gave him time options to choose from he did not have to do 10:30!

10min later I receive text...."I am at blank ave. what next?" I already said no texting directions & now it is 10:45! Like I have nothing to do but play games w/ some guy I have never met!

I explain to him that he is late & at this point making me very uncomfortable...and that I did not want to proceed.

He then tells me he read my reviews and never read that I string guys a long & then cancel last minute!

Seriously is that what just happened????!!!!!!!!!!!

When I make an appointment w/ someone I am dedicated to dedicating that time to that person shouldn't that go both ways? ESPECIALLY for first time meeting!!??

I feel HORRIBLE about what happened...but was honestly too nervous & frustrated to meet at that point! Should I feel bad?

The "two call" directions procedure is pretty much a standard in every place I've been. Think of it as a sort of "Darwin Filter." Horny guys who can't figure it out are really too stupid to breed......and you are better off not seeing them in the first place......or they have ulterior motives.

I think you did just fine.

Edited by hgritstoo
speeling

He was 5 minutes late to begin with, couldn't follow directions, then hung up to take a work call....you made the right decision.

If he was interested in seeing you, then he needs to ask questions and do research about your general location.

If you're in Cherry Creek, or wherever, it should be a top priority for him to know where that place is at on the map. It's not too difficult and speaks to motivation on his part.

However, I'm not from around here and can get lost blowing my nose, so weird things can happen.

Although, some ladies incall may be difficult to navigate to :rolleyes:, he simply did not follow your rules. I don't think you should feel bad at all!

You should have just given him your fuckin' address:

Like:

"I'm at 3456 Whatever Avenue, Apt. 33"

instead of stringing him along with some cloak and dagger shit.

You're dumb. This is why you didn't make the money.:cool:

He was 5 minutes late to begin with, couldn't follow directions, then hung up to take a work call....you made the right decision.

He's sittin' in his damn car, one hand on the steering wheel, with the other he's trying to juggle some dumb chick and her stupid steeplechase directions.

He's sittin' in his damn car, one hand on the steering wheel, with the other he's trying to juggle some dumb chick and her stupid steeplechase directions.

It all makes perfect sense if you think about it.

There's no point inviting someone to your door if you don't have to immediately, because it IS cloak and dagger.

I'm sorry she cancelled on you today.

I'm just a little drunk right now and I'm confused by the scenario. It was like reading a math word problem: 2 trains are headed in the same direction but one train is nervous and the other train is going the wrong way...

Don't feel bad! Maybe just simplify if you have this problem a lot. If not, chalk it up to random shit happens.

I feel HORRIBLE about what happened...but was honestly too nervous & frustrated to meet at that point! Should I feel bad?

I don't know whether you should feel bad, but you might want to re-evaluate your procedure for directing potential clients to your place lest it happen again. You acknowledge you screened the guy to your satisfaction prior to his embarking on his trip, so why complicate things after the fact???

I don't know whether you should feel bad, but you might want to re-evaluate your procedure for directing potential clients to your place lest it happen again. You acknowledge you screened the guy to your satisfaction prior to his embarking on his trip, so why complicate things after the fact???

In over 5 years I have had ONE person refuse my directions...YOU....so I won't be re-evaluting my direction giving for one person;)

And indeed I DID give you my EXACT ADDRESS...did you find my place? NO...no one EVER does which is why I offer STEP by STEP directions...no one has refused or got lost(accept you)...even pizza delivery guy needs me to guide him...this place is NOT easy to find even w/ GPS! So giving addy DOES NO GOOD!

And as far as this guy is concerned it was not that he could not follow directions or find me....he was busy making an "APPOINTMENT PHONE CALL FOR WORK" his exact words....so you made an appointment to come see me at 10:30 & a phone call appointment for work also at 10:30....why not take ur work call & tell me 11 instead?

Also my general location is advertised & I told him the major cross streets last night. I'm not perfect BUT I DO GIVE PERFECT DIRECTIONS!...everyone that has seen me (other than Jerry) KNOWS THAT!;)

And this has nothing to do with $...if I was desperate I would have seen him if he was 5 hours late & asked me to text, talk & email the address lol!:rolleyes:

Point is the guy made me nervous by getting to my requested location...then putting me off while he made his "Work appointment call" all at the same time texting me for directions? is that even possible? To text for directions, make a business call & drive in an area your not familiar w/. Made me wonder what he was up to???

I've dealt w/ plenty of guys who get too excited they have a hard time listening/following directions. In fact Jerry you were almost an hour late because you insisted on following your GPS instead of directions...I still saw you & treated you very well...BECAUSE you didn't give me a bad feeling...I knew you were just hard headed:p I can deal w/ that....but if you give me a bad feeling I don't care how well I screened you or who ok'd you. My life, my business, my choice...if you don't like the answer is simple go see someone else.

I did feel bad that this happened to this guy, VERY BAD...he's probably a nice guy who made a bad choice scheduling 2 things at the same time. But it caused me to freak out!

I had a provider that I couldn't understand her pronunciation of a street name. Add in a weak signal with static & traffic noise... I felt like an idiot continually asking her to repeat it. And I could tell she was getting irritated and nervous.

Text and let me use the GPS please.

...he was busy making an "APPOINTMENT PHONE CALL FOR WORK" his exact words.....

Are you sure he didn't say, "... an IMPORTANT phone call for work."?

Makes a BIG difference!

JMO but once he cleared your serious screening process, I think you should have just texted him the directions. Maybe he got a call from work and had to call back at that time. But what it comes down to is if you are not comfortable with him or the situation, you did what works for you. Reminds me of one appt. the directions were so bad that she had me sit at a certain place and she had to drive over and have me follow her to the location. I could see the building where she was staying and giving me directions she told me that was not the building, when she finally came by it happened to be the building.

Don't feel bad. You know it works because it's worked a bunch of times before. If he is so pathetic at directions, you probably don't want him on your table to begin with.

The guy blew, it and now he does not get to see your spectacular rack.

Actually, GPS does NOT work for her address, as she has now implied. Problem is if she knew that at the time we had an appointment, she never shared that; had she, I wouldn't have relied on it. Nothing wrong with explicitly alerting a prospective client NOT to rely on GPS. That's a change she could be making to her business model--if she chooses--to minimize similar problems in the future......