Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ladies, Why Do You Self-Review?

25 posts in this topic

If you are not a self reviewer, this thread is not directed at you.

It's so blatantly obvious when ladies are self reviewing I wonder why they (the self-reviewers) can't see that, because the rest of us can see it.

I guess that I just don't understand why they can't earn their reviews like the rest of us.:confused:

I am just waiting for all those who have self reviewed to speak up :rolleyes: Really what difference does it make? Why does anyone take advantage of the review system? My guess would be to try and get ahead.

I am just waiting for all those who have self reviewed to speak up :rolleyes: Really what difference does it make? Why does anyone take advantage of the review system? My guess would be to try and get ahead.

Yep. And for those that don't "take advantage", they should realize that self-reviews weaken their earned creditable reviews.

There was one I read today that I was a bit curious about and questioned if someone reviewed themself. Guess it wasn't just me that saw it.

If you are not a self reviewer, this thread is not directed at you.

It's so blatantly obvious when ladies are self reviewing I wonder why they (the self-reviewers) can't see that, because the rest of us can see it.

I guess that I just don't understand why they can't earn their reviews like the rest of us.:confused:

I can see a lot of "pleading the fifth" comming in this thread.:D

Yep. And for those that don't "take advantage", they should realize that self-reviews weaken their earned creditable reviews.

Of course they do, but it is by far not the only way the credibility is weakened in the review process. At the end of the day I don't think one offense is all that worse than the other.

it is by far not the only way the credibility is weakened in the review process.

I know that and agree. This particular issue is, and always has been, a personal pet peeve of mine.

I can see a lot of "pleading the fifth" comming in this thread.:D

Go figure...:rolleyes:

Yeah that really sucks, I hope and wish whoever is doing it gets caught.. The rest of ladies like Naughty Destiny, Fancy among others work to hard to earn our reviews.

Oh lol, I had to take a look also now...I was kind of just skimming. I see what you mean though.

My guesses would be that they are too impatient to wait for reviews?

Reviews not saying what they want them to?

Counteract a couple of not so great reviews? Who knows for sure, just some ideas...

And to be honest, I doubt quite a few clients can pick out the fake ones, so it probably works out well for the ladies.

I agree Destiny and wonder myself why the self reviews what is the point honestly ?? I have learned in life that what is in the dark always comes to the light aka it will bite you in the ass some day.

Am sure no one will come out and say I do it because ....

The real beauty of being mature is -I don't give a shit about being reviewed. Some folks, I think, look at this as if its aa "popularity" contest. Others look at it as if it is a bonoifide, word for word, truth of sorts. Others look at it as if it is a "atta girl" type situation. It really matters not, I still breath air, drink water. and my life continues on as I wish it to. And the sun will rise in the morning.

P.s. I also don't believe the world will end when the Mayan calender says it will.

Yeah that really sucks, I hope and wish whoever is doing it gets caught.. The rest of ladies like Naughty Destiny, Fancy among others work to hard to earn our reviews.

You think? :D

You think? :D

Alanna, That post was not meant as a condemnation of what you said. I tried to edit it, but time limit affected it.

Reviews are mainly there to show these things:

• consistency of services
  • you are the individual in the pic.
  • willingness to go the extra mile when the situation warrants it.

When I run across the "harlequin romance novel type" of review , I don't put alot of credibility in to it. It is merely subjective.

Unless you have tried it don't knock it, you might just like it.

Same goes for advertising. Then there is the more then one way to advertise yourself on this board and my.02 Destiny is you have master that quite well.

Back to the question, Truth and integrity is not what the people or this baord is about.

So, the ? is mute.

Lilithia

Happy advertising,

Lilithia

Unless you have tried it don't knock it, you might just like it.

Same goes for advertising. Then there is the more then one way to advertise yourself on this board and my.02 Destiny is you have master that quite well.

Back to the question, Truth and integrity is not what the people or this baord is about.

So, the ? is mute.

Lilithia

Happy advertising,

Lilithia

We briefly interrupt this discussion on self-reviewing to address a pet peeve:

mute//

adjective

silent; refraining from speech or utterance.

not emitting or having sound of any kind.

incapable of speech; dumb.

(of letters) silent; not pronounced.

Law. (of a person who has been arraigned) making no plea or giving an irrelevant response when arraigned, or refusing to stand trial (used chiefly in the phrase to stand mute ).

moot

adjective

open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point.

of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic.

Chiefly Law. not actual; theoretical; hypothetical.

So, ladies, if you HAVE been self-reviewing, you may wish to remain mute. However, the question of whether or not self-reviewing is a lesser or greater evil than others committed by members of this board shall remain moot.

Thank you. You may now return to your discussion.

And self review is different than having your boyfriend/husband/pimp write reviews? Or offering a reviewers discount? Reviews only value is the legitimacy of the provider and that is questionable.

We briefly interrupt this discussion on self-reviewing to address a pet peeve:

mute//

adjective

silent; refraining from speech or utterance.

not emitting or having sound of any kind.

incapable of speech; dumb.

(of letters) silent; not pronounced.

Law. (of a person who has been arraigned) making no plea or giving an irrelevant response when arraigned, or refusing to stand trial (used chiefly in the phrase to stand mute ).

moot

adjective

open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point.

of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic.

Chiefly Law. not actual; theoretical; hypothetical.

So, ladies, if you HAVE been self-reviewing, you may wish to remain mute. However, the question of whether or not self-reviewing is a lesser or greater evil than others committed by members of this board shall remain moot.

Thank you. You may now return to your discussion.

What an ass :D Can't it also be a mute point? That one we just don't EVER talk about?

What an ass :D Can't it also be a mute point? That one we just don't EVER talk about?

LOL....You're just jealous 'cause I beat you to it......

LOL....You're just jealous 'cause I beat you to it......

Ha no, it took all that I had but I refrained. It made me giggle and either way it still kind of made sense. :)

+1 to that LOL. Thanks for looking that up. :D

Then there is the more then one way to advertise yourself on this board and my.02 Destiny is you have master that quite well. Yes she has! :rolleyes:

You of all people should not be casting aspersions on someone else's reviews. :cool:

This knocking of other providers gets really old .

It's so blatantly obvious when ladies are self reviewing...

It is? Guess I'm missing the obvious. But then, I've never really been able to distinguish between bullshit and horseshit anyway.

And isn't self reviewing verboten...and grounds for banishment and exile?

You of all people should not be casting aspersions on someone else's reviews. :cool:

This knocking of other providers gets really old .

Some providers play by the rules; others don't. `Nough said.

That review should never have gotten activated. From my e-mail to the provider in-question:

That review was in the "denied" database. It was judged a bogus review when the reviewer's e-mail came from from a questionable source. The Admin. note is what we (now that there are more than one mods.), try to keep each other abreast of in the cases.

When you made recent changes to your profile (whether it's e-mail, phone.. etc), the board software updates ALL of your reviews and specifies them as "active" - including those denied or suspended. I am only finding this out now, myself.

We try to clear the "denied" database, but we also give even-handed consideration by leaving them in there for a bit, if the reviewers give ample support of legitimacy.

Because I only took on to help with the Review Board in August of 2011, I'm realizing the learning curve is still at an ascent. All I can offer is my sincere apologies for the limited admin.

For those of band-wagoners who took advantage of this apparent glitch to point fingers. Grade school antics much?

For those that demand changes to the Review system, upgrades, etc.. Boink has started a fund for software and staff upgrades. PM him to make a donation.