oldertruckguy-9225

Irish Whiskey/ Maybe some fun?

17 posts in this topic

This time of year everything is Irish. Eirinn go Brach!

Maybe a little fun. Tell each other of our favorite Irish Whiskey or beer.

For me Bushmills 10 year old. Honestly for the price. Excellent

Red Breast. Little pricy hard to find

Jamison Black Barrel. Repeat... Black Barrel. Reasonably priced. Great for occasional sippers.

Beer: NOT GUINNESS!!! Uggg

Smithwicks Blond Ale. Crisp, clean finish

And...not even Irish, they actually laugh, Kilian's Red. What can I say. I like it.

Anybody?

I have not. But I will. Thank you.

Jameson's Cask Conditioned is a really smooth Irish Whiskey.  Then there's always the Dew, Tullamore Dew.  I find the ladies prefer the Dew.................

18 hours ago, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

This time of year everything is Irish. Eirinn go Brach!

Maybe a little fun. Tell each other of our favorite Irish Whiskey or beer.

For me Bushmills 10 year old. Honestly for the price. Excellent

Red Breast. Little pricy hard to find

Jamison Black Barrel. Repeat... Black Barrel. Reasonably priced. Great for occasional sippers.

Beer: NOT GUINNESS!!! Uggg

Smithwicks Blond Ale. Crisp, clean finish

And...not even Irish, they actually laugh, Kilian's Red. What can I say. I like it.

Anybody?

As someone who celebrates being Irish every day of the year, I think you have an excellent list, especially the Bushmills. Only beer I would add is Harp Irish Lager. Cheers. 

I do like Harp on tap. For some reason, to me, Harp in a  bottle is.... cloudy,?? Not a clean finish.  Hard to describe.

i tried and liked Redbreast at Ned Kelly's in Littleton this past year. 

I had a bottle of 2 Gingers, it was ok. 

i had a very small bottle of QuietMan, it was good. 

...     ...green spot, however, is not good, imo. :D

Redbreast 12 is my favorite.  It's usually available at Total Wine for about $60.  It's also available at Bevy's, but it's marked up significantly there.  Bevy's also carries the 15-year-old, as well as the barrel strength, from time to time.  You'll need to take a distribution to pay for those.  LOL

Posted (edited)

White chocolate Irish cream, that I picked up at applejack’s last fall. I also have a bottle of salted caramel Irish cream brand is called Michael’s. It’s OK I’m not much of a drinker every once in a great while the mood will hit me though. I don’t even know what I would mix it with coffee? you know I’m wishing Jez  was still on here! I know her account is still up!

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

https://stbrendans.com/stb-pink-drink/

nobody thought enough to get back to me… So, I did a search on my own and I found some interesting  recipes. Just enter your bday. I might consider a few maybe some of you might care to share some ideas? Yeah maybe that’s too much effort.!? lol!!!

I just saw this post. 

The White Chocolate is incredible poured over Ice Cream and is an incredible surprise and crowd favorire when poured over B 

I send by mistake. Poured over bread pudding it adds a great surprise topping. Heat it, add a tablespoon of butter and pour it over your French Toast in the morning. Hard to go back to simple syrup after that though. Roasted bananas with The Michaels is incredible serve hot. 

I’ve enjoyed 2 Gingers and Sexton (blue bottle) lately. Tulamore Dew & Redbreast are also favorites. 

For Welsh whiskey, look for Rhiannon.

I’ve also been quaffing some Balcones Single Malt whisky from Waco, TX. It’s young (2 years) and cask strength (53%).

For those Outlander fans who might be tempted by Sam Heughan’s The Sassanach, save your money unless you collect fancy bottles.

On 4/15/2024 at 6:38 PM, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

I send by mistake. Poured over bread pudding it adds a great surprise topping. Heat it, add a tablespoon of butter and pour it over your French Toast in the morning. Hard to go back to simple syrup after that though. Roasted bananas with The Michaels is incredible serve hot. 

That sounds delicious thank you @oldertruckerguy!!!

I think I might make a drink tonight. If I had vanilla I might use a touch of cinnamon to the mix especially putting on french toast talk about decedent!!

@oldertruckguy-9225 I got a little excited and made myself a drink i put a bit too much chocolate, Irish whiskey in my drink! I knew I had to stop!  If you knew me better You would also know I am not much of a drinker!  I got a little drunk not out of control mind you. Wow, I was a little dizzy! 🤣🤣 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

You know baby girl, years of experience has taught me that a properly administered spanking will go a long ways in getting a lady refocused and back under control. 

I am glad you enjoyed you drink!!