Elle Blake

What an amazing year! How about The Lions!!!!

13 posts in this topic

After watching the movie ”Concussion” with Will Smith, I was so devastated. I stopped watching football. That was possibly four years ago.  However,  I really hadn’t watched a full game in 8 years.   I swore, after seeing the movie never again, not one game.. UNLESS,  the Lions, started with a 4-1 record!   I am back!   I’m a Denver native. I am not from Detroit. I dated a guy from Michigan once.  But I would love to see them take away a championship that’s actually a Super Bowl championship.!!!  I saw Barry Sanders when he was with OU against CU  I was hooked. I thought he was unbelievable!!!  In my opinion, there is no doubt he was the BEST running back to play the game.  Sorry to Chicago fans.

If you get a chance and you can find it Hard Knocks,  five episodes about the Detroit Lions is extremely moving!

”Bye bye Barry”.  On Amazon prime is an amazing documentary about Barry Sanders,.   

One more amazing documentary on YouTube TV. I can’t remember the exact title but if you search Barry Sanders, it comes up. 

Couldn’t agree more about Barry, and I have been a disappointed Lions fan for decades.

I'd also enjoy seeing the Lions in the Superbowl.  And Barry Sanders had an incredible career.  Think of what he would have done if he played on a good team where the opposing defense couldn't just focus on him. If only.....

I agree all kinds of things going on. If Detroit is in or especially wins the superbowl will the world come to an end?

On 12/27/2023 at 8:18 AM, average1 said:

I'd also enjoy seeing the Lions in the Superbowl.  And Barry Sanders had an incredible career.  Think of what he would have done if he played on a good team where the opposing defense couldn't just focus on him. If only.....

Yeah, however that’s one thing that I absolutely love the most about. It was his loyalty, his team and not going elsewhere.

On 12/27/2023 at 8:55 AM, coolhand luke said:

I agree all kinds of things going on. If Detroit is in or especially wins the superbowl will the world come to an end?

I don’t think the world would end, but it might bring the city of Detroit closer as a community.  I don’t think it could get too much worse.

2 hours ago, Elle Blake said:

I don’t think the world would end, but it might bring the city of Detroit closer as a community.  I don’t think it could get too much worse.

I remember comedian Lilly Tomlins line from many decades ago, that she was born in Detroit and left as soon as she realized where she was. 

Go Lions!!  But if the super bowl turns out to be Detroit vs Cleveland it is a sure sign of the apocalypse, just sayin.

Gonna be an interesting game with the Rams.  The quarterbacks who were swapped playing in the same playoff game.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, average1 said:

Gonna be an interesting game with the Rams.  The quarterbacks who were swapped playing in the same playoff game.

Yes Sir, I'm impressed with both qb's. I probably favor Stafford over Goff. It will be interesting for sure average1.

Edited by mtnman

On 1/4/2024 at 8:01 AM, Elle Blake said:

Yeah, however that’s one thing that I absolutely love the most about. It was his loyalty, his team and not going elsewhere.

Entered the NFL Hall of Fame at the same time as another NFL Icon!

Before Barry Sanders, the Lions had another good running back named Billy Sims.  Detroit has had a couple of BS running backs.

I like to root for teams who have never won a championship or has not won one for a long time.  My favourite pro team has not won a championship for a very long time, since before I was born.  So I know what it's like to be a struggling fan.  So many teams last year won their first ever championships.  Nuggets, Golden Knights and the Rangers.  It makes me wonder when will it be my turn?  So how things are going I would not be surprised if the Lions win the Super Bowl. (Or I should say the "Big Game".  I don't want to violate TM laws.)  I would not be upset if the Lions win. I would just be a little jealous.  Personally I'm pulling for San Fran since the Broncos are not playing.