skinnydud

Review Comment Option

9 posts in this topic

So, I basically noticed some reviews that don't make sense. I looked one of the reviews and picked the phone number and googled it. found the same number with 10s of photos and 10s of different names ... I think we all do our DD before jumping on a new experience. however, reviews are supposed to be helpful and make the process of selecting  a provider easy. 

I think TOB like other hobby boards may want to allow post review conversations. that we may either complement the reviewer or call them out when posting something that is suspicious (within a limited window as it may get out of hands sometimes)

what do you, ladies & gents, think?

1 hour ago, skinnydud said:

So, I basically noticed some reviews that don't make sense. I looked one of the reviews and picked the phone number and googled it. found the same number with 10s of photos and 10s of different names ... I think we all do our DD before jumping on a new experience. however, reviews are supposed to be helpful and make the process of selecting  a provider easy. 

I think TOB like other hobby boards may want to allow post review conversations. that we may either complement the reviewer or call them out when posting something that is suspicious (within a limited window as it may get out of hands sometimes)

Are you claiming that the review might have been falsified at some level? If that is the case,  ok? If it is something more or different please explain.

Personal opinion - horrible idea. Unless wanting to discourage reviews altogether.  How exactly is the opinion of the guy (or gal)  that wasn't there more enlightening and informative than the guy that was?

What "hobby board" allows that btw? Only one I can think of - definite bottom of barrel low rent district.

While not publicly entertaining, the ability to DM a reviewer provides the opportunity (not guaranteed)  to gain clarity .  I agree that a public debate/discussion about specific reviews would quickly spiral downward into an exchange  of insults and anonymity - fueled internet bravado resulting in fewer reviews and thus decreasing the value of TOB for both hobbyists and companions. Interesting idea, but  I vote no, thank you.

7 hours ago, skinnydud said:

Shaking my head @ The Skinny. Correct me if I am wrong but is it true that you haven't written a review in damn near 4 years on TOB? Your idea is DEFINITELY not a good idea. TOB has a pretty good process/system when it comes to filtering credible/fake reviews. Share this person you are suspect about LOL, I will go do what you should have done and get you THE REAL SKINNY versus what you are thinking..............I have 100 percent TRUST IN TOB and THE CLIENT..................... I am still waiting on you to show us how its done by writing some reviews LMAO.........................

On 11/8/2023 at 4:36 PM, gr8owl said:

Personal opinion - horrible idea. Unless wanting to discourage reviews altogether.  How exactly is the opinion of the guy (or gal)  that wasn't there more enlightening and informative than the guy that was?

What "hobby board" allows that btw? Only one I can think of - definite bottom of barrel low rent district.

On 11/8/2023 at 7:35 PM, sb1212 said:

While not publicly entertaining, the ability to DM a reviewer provides the opportunity (not guaranteed)  to gain clarity .  I agree that a public debate/discussion about specific reviews would quickly spiral downward into an exchange  of insults and anonymity - fueled internet bravado resulting in fewer reviews and thus decreasing the value of TOB for both hobbyists and companions. Interesting idea, but  I vote no, thank you.

Yeah, I agree. So few people review as it is, this would likely lead to fewer. I get the inclination, especially if you have a different opinion of a provider.  Reach out to the reviewer if you want to clarify or have a question. Don't call someone out in public. We all have different standards, and have a right to our opinions. One of my worst experiences was from a recommendation from someone I respect very much on this board. We discussed it offline, where I think these conversations should remain.

On 11/10/2023 at 11:42 AM, Happymon said:

I imagine some will remember the fun times we all had with rep points....😱

Yep. Bud it became a popularity contest and they did away with it. Black dots are the standard now.

This would undoubtedly make reviews more useful for men selecting providers, if that’s their purpose. The idea that you can always pm the reviewer assumes both that you are aware of the need to ask a question and that the reviewer will be more honest privately. The former is mystifying, the latter possible but by no means likely.  The idea that reviews are just opinions has some validity, except when it doesn’t—when the lady is 30 lbs. more than her pictures, claiming she is an exact match is inaccurate, not merely a (subjective) alternative fact.

Since reviews for showing up and walking away aren’t posted, open, public dialogue is the best solution.