Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Caressa Duval

Taco Tuesday Ideas?

51 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2023 at 7:12 PM, gr8owl said:

Hmmmm if only there were 30 wonderful flavors of taco for taco Tuesday.

On 4/1/2023 at 9:03 AM, gr8owl said:

Oh, and how about a two for one special?

I get sick for a few days, and missed all the GREAT news! I have been waiting for this Taco Tuesday forever it seems!! We should dance in the streets too...maybe to YMCA, but with rhythm 💃💃

1 hour ago, Caressa Duval said:

We should dance in the streets too...maybe to YMCA, but with rhythm 💃💃

Ummmm I would suggest another alternative

Taco’s by the dozen! I think super spicy!!

On 3/20/2023 at 4:54 PM, gr8owl said:

What a about a nice stuffed Sopapilla Saturday.  But please, no Tex-mex

Real Sopapillas Recipe

Those look delicious! I’m on a diet or eating different, so have one for me.😃

Anyone else excited about trying the new Casa Bonita??

I'll probably go with a lady friend once.  Hope the food is better this time around.  The sopapillas were the best thing on the menu when they were open previously.

8 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I'll probably go with a lady friend once.  Hope the food is better this time around.  The sopapillas were the best thing on the menu when they were open previously.

Totally agree on the Sopapillas!  They were great.  I actually liked the food there and oddly enough, never got salmonella!

It's just a cheesy, corny, goofy, fun place that is a local landmark.  A friend in the industry is coming out for a trip and I told her that if it's open by the time she comes, she/we should go.

I had  shrimp tacos today in OldTown Arvada with my mom and daughter. Smokin Fin’s. It was really good! 

17 hours ago, CountryGentleman said:

Totally agree on the Sopapillas!  They were great.  I actually liked the food there and oddly enough, never got salmonella!

It's just a cheesy, corny, goofy, fun place that is a local landmark.  A friend in the industry is coming out for a trip and I told her that if it's open by the time she comes, she/we should go.

I ate there a few times with my boys when they were young.  To me, the food reminded me of a frozen mexican food dinner you would buy from the supermarket.  Not Bad, not great.  Average.

It'll be ineresting to see if the food is any better after it reopens.  I bet the lines will be long to get in when they first reopen.

13 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I had  shrimp tacos today in OldTown Arvada with my mom and daughter. Smokin Fin’s. It was really good! 

I've heard Smokin Fin's was good.

13 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I've heard Smokin Fin's was good.

Very delious%! Then again there are many good a fun places to eat and explore in Old Town! 

It is almost Tuesday again and I want the orange that was posted! 

12 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

It is almost Tuesday again and I want the orange that was posted! 

HA!   The posted fruit is not an orange, it is a sumo citrus,  a variety of mandarin called sumo because they are the size of a large orange or small grapefruit.  They are too dang expensive, but hard to resist once you have had one because they are delicious!   They will be gone for the season very soon, so better hurry. Kroger branded stores (City Market) sell them in my neck of the woods.

24 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

HA!   The posted fruit is not an orange, it is a sumo citrus,  a variety of mandarin called sumo because they are the size of a large orange or small grapefruit.  They are too dang expensive, but hard to resist once you have had one because they are delicious!   They will be gone for the season very soon, so better hurry. Kroger branded stores (City Market) sell them in my neck of the woods.

I will look for them. Do they taste like grapefruit @gr8owl

1 hour ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I will look for them. Do they taste like grapefruit @gr8owl

No, they are much sweeter than grapefruit.  Similar taste to oranges, but more juicy and a bit sweeter. less acidic. 

13 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

No, they are much sweeter than grapefruit.  Similar taste to oranges, but more juicy and a bit sweeter. less acidic. 

That really sounds tasty! I was going to go get some Asain soup for lunch/dinner and decided to have some leftover lamb from Sunday that I have been cutting up for my cat to eat. Hope I can at least get one of those grapefruits! Oh well! I will keep my eyes open!  My daughter gave me a blush orane the other day. That was something new to me also. I do love blood oranges also! It is a good thing to eat fruit after eating a spicy taco or two! 

4 hours ago, gr8owl said:

The Sumo Orange has a very limited season and at one time the only place you could get them in Denver was at Whole Foods.  I've seen them at King Soopers this year.

You are correct, they are very delicious and once you've tasted one, all the others pale in comparison.

Egg tacos and  sumo citrus!  Next Tuesday!

There is a food truck that parks in front of the DMV on Peoria that makes a mean street taco. Also, a few hidden gems on Montview make some pretty good authentic Mexican food. Not sure if mixing Mexican food with fun would be wise unless you are up to adding some spice to it. 😉😁

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard