JessicaJonesing

Notice everyone: AT&T (and thus t-mobile) is having an SMS breakdown...

17 posts in this topic

I've had a bunch of friends unable to receive messages from me, or get a few sporadically. They're all on AT&T -- sending seems flaky too -- and it appears their SMS gateway is failing.

So I guess be aware: if you're trying to contact/schedule and it seems you're being ignored, try reaching out via other means.

VoIP->-VoIP is working. A lot of gals ask for messages from real cell phones, but perhaps follow up with google voice/whatever else you have...

Have fun and be slutty, peeps!

T-Mobile has nothing to do with AT&T and they do not share a network, so .........

6 hours ago, gr8owl said:

T-Mobile has nothing to do with AT&T and they do not share a network, so .........

True. But, with roaming agreements in place between the major carriers, it is totally possible for TMO users to suffer AT&T's outage, and vice-versa, particularly in rural areas.

On 12/12/2022 at 2:35 PM, gr8owl said:

Right, duh, good catch!

Net10, the Walmart refillable one I use which is... errr.... blue/yellow cards... goodness I should know this. Geez, I'm going to quit while I'm behind on this one.

It seems an SMS gateway/routing issue Vs. towers I'd guess, the odd thing is on my end it show's sent.

1 hour ago, JessicaJonesing said:

Right, duh, good catch!

Net10, the Walmart refillable one I use which is... errr.... blue/yellow cards... goodness I should know this. Geez, I'm going to quit while I'm behind on this one.

It seems an SMS gateway/routing issue Vs. towers I'd guess, the odd thing is on my end it show's sent.

I have recently had my tracfone take overnight for dm's from social media to show up.  A bit troubling when confirming an appointment the night before and getting no response.  But she did respond rather soon - it just took 10 hours to show up.  Since tracfone is rather promiscuous and uses all networks who knows where the problem was.  (Promiscuous hobby phone, irony accepted).

On 12/13/2022 at 8:42 PM, gr8owl said:

I have recently had my tracfone take overnight for dm's from social media to show up.  A bit troubling when confirming an appointment the night before and getting no response.  But she did respond rather soon - it just took 10 hours to show up.  Since tracfone is rather promiscuous and uses all networks who knows where the problem was.  (Promiscuous hobby phone, irony accepted).

At least they're showing up! Mine have been marking as "sent" and just not delivering, same with people sending to me. It's super frustrating, especially as I've never missed an appointment, ever, and try to respond to everyone.

Fortunately the guys that have been affected were all cool about it, not assuming I was ignoring them/being rude. Still, it's aggravating. SMTP retries after unsuccessful delivery, not just deleting/non-sending and if undelivered returns a failure notice, I'm not familiar with the SMS protocols/daemons but I'd think that is also built in.... 

I'm having major SMS issues as well with Verizon today. Anybody else? I've switched to Email for the time being. I wonder if it's the weather...

On 12/29/2022 at 3:16 PM, Leena_rose said:

I'm having major SMS issues as well with Verizon today. Anybody else? I've switched to Email for the time being. I wonder if it's the weather...

Dunno, I'm still having issues, a lot of people seem to be -- on the bright side, everyone's been cool, not assuming I'm ignoring them... :-)

Cell phone in general are an expensive pain! Most of the time I can’t find mine! So I need to use “find my phone” tracking app. And that only goes so far. 🤯 with my vision and the phone screen going black. I can’t win! 

3 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Cell phone in general are an expensive pain! Most of the time I can’t find mine! So I need to use “find my phone” tracking app. And that only goes so far. 🤯 with my vision and the phone screen going black. I can’t win! 

Boobs!

Yes, I'm functionally an 18-year-old boy.

Love the new avatar picture :-) 

Cheese and Rice! Momma Focker! Yesterday, confirmed an appointment for tonight at 7, changed New Year's plans, heading to the incall now and having not heard back sent a "on the way to the incall now, see you in a bit!" message and... ...hobbyist didn't receive my confirmation and not hearing back from me can't come.

Super frustrating. Logging into the web app portion of the android app, the messages I sent aren't there, but show up on my phone.

Anyway, point being, stay vigilant people... I guess I'll start confirming via email too.

@JessicaJonesing,  tomorrow I plan on taking some new cellphone pictures if I can? Thank you being my sweet friend! I am excited to meet you in person!!! 😘😘😘😘 you are very sexy lady too!!! 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

On 12/12/2022 at 1:58 PM, JessicaJonesing said:

I've had a bunch of friends unable to receive messages from me, or get a few sporadically. They're all on AT&T -- sending seems flaky too -- and it appears their SMS gateway is failing.

So I guess be aware: if you're trying to contact/schedule and it seems you're being ignored, try reaching out via other means.

VoIP->-VoIP is working. A lot of gals ask for messages from real cell phones, but perhaps follow up with google voice/whatever else you have...

Have fun and be slutty, peeps!

I have had same problem with Verizon as of late.

On 1/15/2023 at 8:25 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

@JessicaJonesing,  tomorrow I plan on taking some new cellphone pictures if I can? Thank you being my sweet friend! I am excited to meet you in person!!! 😘😘😘😘 you are very sexy lady too!!! 

So, it has been a few days lol. As soon as I clean my counter in the kitchen and put away clothes. I love to procrastinate! 😂

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

On 2/5/2023 at 2:55 PM, Raine-7379 said:

I am also having major issues with this.  I have T-Mobile.  

Ugh, well, happened again today. I thought this was all resolved but doesn't seem to be...

Missed another appt as I didn't hear back about a proposed time, guy sent confirmation and was waiting at my incall. Sucks all around. Everyone is being really cool about it, but I'm SUPER frustrated.

Anyway, I guess be aware everyone, be pedantic if you're not hearing back from otherwise reliable providers/hobbyists.

Are y'all running old phones?  Like iPhone 7's & 8's?  T-Mobile is moving to 5G and are ATT & Verizon.  Got a nifty T-Mobile 5G router 15 feet behind me.  If you're running old phones that no longer update their OS, that could be the problem...