Leigh5280

That's Enough

60 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Newoldbull said:

The solution is pretty simple but it probably went clear over your head. Go back to the policies that were working.  Stay in Mexico policy!!! Put sanctions on Mexico to make them comply with it. We had a surge in illegal immigration in 2019 and these policies slowed it down substantially. Day one your hero "Mr Magoo" tore that up. He also halted up construction of the border wall that was already paid for. The wall would slow it down enough so the border control could manage it instead of the mass invasion we are witnessing now. If that's not enough solution for you than I'd like to hear your idea on the possible national security risk that this debacle has created. I can wait to hear this!!!

Not the only one with eyes wide shut, don't you ever insult Mr. Magoo like that again. 😂

Mr. Magoo reads | Personnages de dessins animés grands classiques ...

At least he thought he could - read about halfway down the page, come on. I know you can!

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/09/06/fact-check-donald-trump-built-more-border-wall-than-meme-claims/3437653001/

https://theintercept.com/2022/09/18/biden-trump-border-wall/

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-administration-reimposes-remain-mexico-policy/story?id=820593

With about three definitely raising the bar, that the intelligence quotient here reads not smarter than a fifth grader is only a - look at my hands! There 😂 YUGE! Problem.

Perhaps lesser than cabana captains, or perhaps not, at the end (and the beginning) of the day (election cycle), Biden is a wolf in sheep's clothing I meant, tool. No, really.

https://www.jacksonfreepress.com/news/2019/may/01/joe-biden-and-dixiecrats-who-helped-his-career/

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

12 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

For starters, Executive Orders are not really laws passed by Congress.  
The previous administration tried stem the flow and remove illegals from US soil.  The current administration has been busy reverse those JP efforts and hamper the agencies charged with enforcing our laws. (I smoke with several who work for these agencies. The wrongful persecution of CBP agents in the Del Rio sector had a chilling effect.)

We punish Asians who set up vacation plans designed to create “anchor babies” on the west coast, yet reward pregnant illegals crossing our southern border.  A few years back we had an influx of Cubans across the Rio Grande, exploiting the ‘wet foot/dry foot’ policy applicable on the FL coast. Also a few years back I hired an immigration attorney to explain to me the options for an English girlfriend; the process for legal residency would take at least a year, if not more. Far from the ‘catch & release’ policy we see in place here in The Valley.

I feel for the Dreamers, but their problem is their parents fault. Should they have a path to legal residency and citizenship? Sure, but Congress needs to provide that path, not EOs.

They missed Melania?! THEN she sponsored her parents? Shocking!

I'm thinking about three of us want to know, would you have made sure the bitch went back you know, to save our country?

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/686056668/for-seventh-consecutive-year-visa-overstays-exceeded-illegal-border-crossings

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

17 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

For starters, Executive Orders are not really laws passed by Congress.  
The previous administration tried stem the flow and remove illegals from US soil.  The current administration has been busy reverse those JP efforts and hamper the agencies charged with enforcing our laws. (I smoke with several who work for these agencies. The wrongful persecution of CBP agents in the Del Rio sector had a chilling effect.)

We punish Asians who set up vacation plans designed to create “anchor babies” on the west coast, yet reward pregnant illegals crossing our southern border.  A few years back we had an influx of Cubans across the Rio Grande, exploiting the ‘wet foot/dry foot’ policy applicable on the FL coast. Also a few years back I hired an immigration attorney to explain to me the options for an English girlfriend; the process for legal residency would take at least a year, if not more. Far from the ‘catch & release’ policy we see in place here in The Valley.

I feel for the Dreamers, but their problem is their parents fault. Should they have a path to legal residency and citizenship? Sure, but Congress needs to provide that path, not EOs.

I'd be interested to the people you spoke to?

8 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

@gr8owl

A lot of ^these^ solutions make a good deal of sense.

An additional task would be ‘Follow the money!’ Find out who is sponsoring the caravans and waves hitting our southern border.

Yes, shipping illegals from TX to northern sanctuary cities is political theater. It illustrates to the liberals controlling those cities the problems we face on the southern border, but does nothing to reduce those problems. IMHO, the wake-up call in sanctuary cities was worth the effort.

The Wall will NOT stem the tide.  Just ask the Germans.  Besides, we’ve been building it for years; it is not just Trump’s Folly.

One of the things that needs to happen, and the message delivered to our southern neighbors, is dry up resources for illegals.  Caught giving one a job? Close your business. Government handouts? Stop!  Yes, it’s cruel, but so is consuming the resources needed for our own poor.

I've been thinking for YEARS that immigration reform needs to happen. But it must be true and just. That's where the "hang up" is at. Congress is SO fucking divided that it's probably not going to happen in my lifetime, and that's really a shame on us as a society. Mexico is much more responsible for not securing their southern border than the USA. As far of the caravans and who might be financing them....Just a bunch of poor people that have nothing left to lose. They are fighting for their lives. I support them and will continue to GIVE to them.

Thanks to Owl and B Banger, I LOVE how we can kick around a few ideas, I appreciate you both a lot!

@sparkey600

i totally agree. Immigration laws are long, long overdue for some fair & equitable reforms. But the ‘my way or the highway’ culture of our politics prevents that from happening.

Yes, Mexico is a sieve.  An open US border is good for business, both legal & illegal.  The flow of people has hidden a  flood of drugs, which is big money for the cartels & politicians.  Just don’t flaunt their immigration laws if you are a gringo.

There are poor people in the US, in our inner cities and our rural counties, that need the resources spent on these illegal immigrants,  Crowley & Bent counties have some of the lowest income in the nation.

VP Harris had a good idea, but does not seem to have followed through with it.  Our dollars, both government & charity, will have more impact improving conditions in countries of origin.  But that path leads to imperialism and nation building.  There’s also the question of how much would be syphoned if for graft.

I will admit to a personal quandary. My partner & I, through her church and my RV park, spend several thousand $s on food for a local colonia. I wrestled with “Am I supporting illegals?” Her answer has been, “That’s in God’s hands.”

Pax

VP Harris did indeed have a good idea on how to stem the flow of Illegals, but unfortunately, as long as we have such a divided Congress, this will never happen. Both Republicans and Democrats are both to blame here. If Anyone in Congress was really serious about fixing illegal immigration, they would be looking at this idea and debating it. Are they? Nope. Never made the Floor. Damn, NEVER WILL.... I really don't think it would be construed as US Imperialism as we send hundreds of millions (Billions?) of US dollars abroad. I'm thinking that the hang up is more of a financial one. A financial decision that they (both parties) really don't want to offer a solution to the problem, no matter how they blame the other side. You have to remember, both sides have been under pressure to stave off lobbyists  but NEVER seem to.... I wonder why? Corporations want CHEAP labor to lower their labor rates and increase profit margins. It's all a product of capitalism. Not to say that I'm a communist, but that's where we are in politics these days. It's very ugly and I don't support most of their rhetoric. When in doubt I vote Liberal, they want to want to help the poor and the working class and I can get behind that, but that's just me....Also, I've been a union man for over 40 years and counting. I've always had a good life because of this. I know which party supports working family's and which party supports working people working for whatever they can get on their own. Republicans have been anti-union for as long as I can remember. It's just the way it is.

I'm glad your SO responded to you in the manner you stated. You are helping people who need your support, help and kindness. They are like you and I. They LOVE their children, they love their families, and they are looking to make a better life for them selves here in the US. I for on think they deserve a chance at this.

You, my friend are helping people that have no where else to go and no other place turn to....To help themselves out of the mess that they are in. I want to thank you for doing this! I appreciate it (as well as the the people you have touched) VERY MUCH! Thanks Bit!

@Sparkey600

Both Republicans and Democrats are both to blame here

The color purple is a wonderful shade.  When I first moved to CO I marveled at the politicians who seemed to care about what was best for the people & economy as a whole, not just their party’s agenda.  We had the likes of Sen. Ben Nighthorse Campbell.  Some say he crossed over the aisle; I say the aisle crossed under him. Today politics are even more extreme. I’m disgusted with Republicans for their stands on abortion, yet at the same time appalled at the Democrats stands on welfare and 2A.  Both could use an education in economics.

Just a long winded explanation of why I don’t expect to see reasonable legislation on immigration in my lifetime.  It requires compromise and cooperation, which are not in today’s playbook.

Thank you, Sparky, for your kind remarks.  The lawful person inside me still feels conflict.  The level of support needed illustrates the strain illegals place on community organizations.

Biden administration has filed a lawsuit against the State of Arizona because they were using empty shipping containers to try to shore up the holes in the border wall. Try to tell me that they are  trying to stop this massive influx at the border because it's obvious they are not. Forget Biden. He is just a clown they have propped up. He can't even complete a sentence with out a teleprompter and then he is in trouble. The open border people in his cabinet are orchestrating this Travesty. I agree with Bit Banger that we have the same laws on the books that we've always had but they are either being ignored or not being enforced. I'm done with this topic but for crying out loud this has become a serious situation that we have not seen the results of yet. 

A lockdown of the southern border should be matched with a massive increase in the H-2A and H-2B Visas so that the folks from MX/Central America/South America who want to come to the US to work can do so legally.  We have to admit we need them as much as they need us. 

I'd go as far as anyone who has already made it to the US, but has no criminal record, can get the visa without having to leave and apply.  That would help track workers who would then pay taxes under their own ID rather than stolen SSNs, etc.  Employers win because they get workers who are experienced and good at their jobs.  We win because reality does say that there is so many jobs that Americans are too spoiled/entitled to do anymore.  Foreign nationals win because they can work legitimately and without fear.

Never will happen unfortunately.  The left simply wants illegal immigrants in at massive numbers because in a generation they believe they'll win the majority of potential voters.  The right won't allow it either, because they want to punish those that broke the rules and came in illegally.

I'm not sure anyone is sponsoring the caravans. I think things in these countries that they are fleeing are so bad they have no other option but trying to come to this country that has a history of taking the poor and downtrodden. They have faith that they are coming to a country that will accept them and that they can make a better life for themselves and their children. If the US citizens want to change the laws concerning political and otherwise refugees then BOTH sides of Congress needs to make changes to the laws that are in effect today. That's not going to happen anytime soon because there is too much division and it's easier to blame whatever party happens to be holding power. Effective immigration laws can help to solve the problem at the borders. All we ever hear is complaining because all the Taco Bell, Wal Mart, Local grocery store, Gas station, Picking cabbage, Cleaning our house, Taking our trash away, doing our lawn services, and many more I don't list are jobs NO American adult or spoiled American kid wants. So, really what's the issue? Opps.........It's a POLITICAL issue. Bottom line. Starving people want a better life and they hope America can provide it.

If you want different laws concerning "Political or otherwise" Refugees, I would STRONGLY urge you to reach out to the member of Congress you voted for and let them know that this is not what you want. Until that, this is how the laws of the United States are currently written. Like it or not.

8 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

.., If the US citizens want to change the laws concerning If you want different laws …

If our government enforced the laws currently on the books it would go a long way towards reducing the influx.  

But think of the uproar when DACA (EO, not law) is eliminated and Dreamers are deported with their parents.  Imagine the angst (and expense) when asylum seekers are held in custody and granted a swift (72 hrs?) trial instead of released into the general public for a year or two. How often are they lost in the masses forever? But that would take a LOT more judges and court facilities($).  Why does NYC feel that caring for illegals has priority over providing the services contracted with their citizens?

And lastly, consider the situation if the policies of our southern border were applied at all other ports of entry. No more ‘wet foot/dry foot’ for Cubans.  The poor of India, those fleeing the Communism of China or Russia, and the refugees of the Middle East and Africa conflicts would all have easy access to our welfare systems.  We may be one of the most prosperous countries in the world, but even the USA can’t carry the weight of the world on its economy.

On 12/19/2022 at 11:00 PM, sparkey600 said:

I'm not sure anyone is sponsoring the caravans. I think things in these countries that they are fleeing are so bad they have no other option but trying to come to this country that has a history of taking the poor and downtrodden. They have faith that they are coming to a country that will accept them and that they can make a better life for themselves and their children. If the US citizens want to change the laws concerning political and otherwise refugees then BOTH sides of Congress needs to make changes to the laws that are in effect today. That's not going to happen anytime soon because there is too much division and it's easier to blame whatever party happens to be holding power. Effective immigration laws can help to solve the problem at the borders. All we ever hear is complaining because all the Taco Bell, Wal Mart, Local grocery store, Gas station, Picking cabbage, Cleaning our house, Taking our trash away, doing our lawn services, and many more I don't list are jobs NO American adult or spoiled American kid wants. So, really what's the issue? Opps.........It's a POLITICAL issue. Bottom line. Starving people want a better life and they hope America can provide it.

If you want different laws concerning "Political or otherwise" Refugees, I would STRONGLY urge you to reach out to the member of Congress you voted for and let them know that this is not what you want. Until that, this is how the laws of the United States are currently written. Like it or not.

I am not certain either, however, it is widely reported that smugglers - human traffickers, coyotes, whatever you want to call them - charge up to $10,000 per person to bring them from Honduras, Guatemala etc. to our common border with Mexico.  The average monthly salary in those Central American countries is about $500.  How does a person making 500 per month - or less, remember these are supposedly the poorest -  from which food, shelter, etc have to be paid save up 10,000 PER PERSON to pay a smuggler?  The money is coming from somewhere else and I want to see where investigated because it will explain a lot.  I would also like to see a bit of investigation and light shed upon WHERE those smugglers are based - Mexico who sees up to 4 to 5 BILLION per year pumped into its economy?  Mexico btw is the 15th LARGEST, wealthiest economy on earth and yet their average monthly salary is under 700 per month.  In other words Mexico is one of the most rich-centric, screw the little guy corrupt countries on earth.  Combined with the literal billions poured into their economy by the drug trade they have a LOT of explaining to do and I for one am sick and tired of what they are doing to us to line the pockets of the corrupt rich there.  I fully support ANY level of action to correct this nonsense, up to and including military action if need be.  The poor folks who risk everything and travel hundreds of miles because they simply want freedom, a job, and to be able to support families are NOT our enemies, but those who run Mexico I fear most definitely ARE. 

And yes, it is high time to DEMAND changes to laws and our whole approach to the issues from the elected representatives of BOTH worthless parties who BOTH continue to do nothing productive on the issue and who BOTH have not for decades and counting.

6 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

…  I fully support ANY level of action to correct this nonsense, up to and including military action if need be. …

Operation LoneStar and other use of National Guard (state troops) are mostly in support roles: surveillance, medical, etc. I’ve known & chatted with several NG members over the years about their postings here in The RGV.

Use of US federal troops is precluded by posse comitatus,  but IMHO should be allowed along the border as a matter of national security rather than law enforcement.

8 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Operation LoneStar and other use of National Guard (state troops) are mostly in support roles: surveillance, medical, etc. I’ve known & chatted with several NG members over the years about their postings here in The RGV.

Use of US federal troops is precluded by posse comitatus,  but IMHO should be allowed along the border as a matter of national security rather than law enforcement.

Perhaps I was not clear.  I meant up to and including action ACROSS the border into Mexico to take out the cartels and smugglers with it being up to the government whether they cooperate or get taken out as well.  I know, drastic, but how can we justify 100,000 citizens per year dying from the illicit drugs and a couple million immigrants being funneled our way FOR PROFIT and do nothing or simply try to triage the symptoms AFTER the problems have crossed the border.  Root out at the source.  Sorry, but the engineer in me believes in attack the problem at its root and actually solve it.  No matter what we do AT the border it will NOT stop trafficking of people and drugs when there is billions to be made and the Mexican government is complicit.

9 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Perhaps I was not clear.  I meant up to and including action ACROSS the border into Mexico to take out the cartels and smugglers with it being up to the government whether they cooperate or get taken out as well. 

You are right - drastic!  It would definitely send a message - loud & clear!  Like the one we sent (then fucked up) in 2001.

But I doubt our Congress will declare war, nor will this administration use their emergency powers. They’re too [woke|weak|chicken] to do that.  It’s not like we’ve had thousands die and billions of economic damage happen on national TV.  There was a time when you didn’t mess with US (or British) citizens; retribution was painful. But those days are long gone!😡

I can't believe it! Lol! I totally agree with what you just said. I've always said that the only way you will stop the massive drug trade out of Mexico would take an invasion and takeover of there corrupt government and the cartels. But I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. Too much money involved on both sides of the border. We might be closer to being on the same page than we think.

On 12/20/2022 at 7:38 AM, Bit Banger said:

If our government enforced the laws currently on the books it would go a long way towards reducing the influx.  

But think of the uproar when DACA (EO, not law) is eliminated and Dreamers are deported with their parents.  Imagine the angst (and expense) when asylum seekers are held in custody and granted a swift (72 hrs?) trial instead of released into the general public for a year or two. How often are they lost in the masses forever? But that would take a LOT more judges and court facilities($).  Why does NYC feel that caring for illegals has priority over providing the services contracted with their citizens?

And lastly, consider the situation if the policies of our southern border were applied at all other ports of entry. No more ‘wet foot/dry foot’ for Cubans.  The poor of India, those fleeing the Communism of China or Russia, and the refugees of the Middle East and Africa conflicts would all have easy access to our welfare systems.  We may be one of the most prosperous countries in the world, but even the USA can’t carry the weight of the world on its economy.

The law reads to allow the political or otherwise refugee to reside in the US until their case has been heard in court. That's what the current laws says...Look it up. I get what you are saying, but that's how the law reads. (nobody get's that that time is YEARS from now though) Once more.........IF and a big IF both sides were interested in our country as a whole instead of making excuses and trying of make the party that is in charge look bad, this country could be a really great place. If everyone wants immigration reform, maybe both parties should decide to actually do it and stop bickering like a married couple! Trust me, it's NEVER going to happen, it's too big of a political weapon. In the mean time, families that have no where else to go, no else to turn to are coming here and I feel for them. Us Americans have to send a message to our Congress to reform immigration so FAMILES that have no where else to turn to get a fair break and hopefully a second chance. Our country was founded on these ideals. We as a Country as Americans need immigration reform NOW! Fair and equitable but I don't think that would happen given our divided politics, but one could hope.......

Email your Representatives today and let them know how you feel! Bit, thanks always for your thoughts, I appreciate you very much!

On 12/21/2022 at 9:35 AM, Bit Banger said:

Wondering what is the RGV, please forgive my ignorance....Thanks!

On 12/21/2022 at 9:16 AM, gr8owl said:

I am not certain either, however, it is widely reported that smugglers - human traffickers, coyotes, whatever you want to call them - charge up to $10,000 per person to bring them from Honduras, Guatemala etc. to our common border with Mexico.  The average monthly salary in those Central American countries is about $500.  How does a person making 500 per month - or less, remember these are supposedly the poorest -  from which food, shelter, etc have to be paid save up 10,000 PER PERSON to pay a smuggler?  The money is coming from somewhere else and I want to see where investigated because it will explain a lot.  I would also like to see a bit of investigation and light shed upon WHERE those smugglers are based - Mexico who sees up to 4 to 5 BILLION per year pumped into its economy?  Mexico btw is the 15th LARGEST, wealthiest economy on earth and yet their average monthly salary is under 700 per month.  In other words Mexico is one of the most rich-centric, screw the little guy corrupt countries on earth.  Combined with the literal billions poured into their economy by the drug trade they have a LOT of explaining to do and I for one am sick and tired of what they are doing to us to line the pockets of the corrupt rich there.  I fully support ANY level of action to correct this nonsense, up to and including military action if need be.  The poor folks who risk everything and travel hundreds of miles because they simply want freedom, a job, and to be able to support families are NOT our enemies, but those who run Mexico I fear most definitely ARE. 

And yes, it is high time to DEMAND changes to laws and our whole approach to the issues from the elected representatives of BOTH worthless parties who BOTH continue to do nothing productive on the issue and who BOTH have not for decades and counting.

Good point, very well said.

15 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Wondering what is the RGV, please forgive my ignorance....Thanks!

Sorry, Rio Grande Valley.

Basically the southern border of TX from Del Rio to Boca Chica on the Gulf.  Other TX border regions would be the Trans-Pecos, Big Bend, and El Paso sectors.  I moved to the middle valley (McAllen/Mission area) a few years ago.

The Rio Grande is an interesting river. From El Paso it flows N through Albuquerque & Santa Fe to its headwaters above Alamosa.  S of the border it’s known as the Rio Bravo.

8 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Sorry, Rio Grande Valley.

Basically the southern border of TX from Del Rio to Boca Chica on the Gulf.  Other TX border regions would be the Trans-Pecos, Big Bend, and El Paso sectors.  I moved to the middle valley (McAllen/Mission area) a few years ago.

The Rio Grande is an interesting river. From El Paso it flows N through Albuquerque & Santa Fe to its headwaters above Alamosa.  S of the border it’s known as the Rio Bravo.

Thanks for your clarification. I appreciate it! Now I have a better idea of your concerns as well. 

Both Parties really needs to come together to pass laws to fix the shit show that they've allowed to go on all these years! 

8 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Thanks for your clarification. I appreciate it! Now I have a better idea of your concerns as well. 

Both Parties really needs to come together to pass laws to fix the shit show that they've allowed to go on all these years! 

You’re welcome.  Yes, I get to watch some of the issues on our local news, instead of the national networks and 24/7 cable channels.  Or even in person.  Traffic was held up last week for the funeral procession of a CBP (Customs & Border Patrol) agent who lost his life chasing some illegals when his ATV ran into a fence in the dark. 
We have to remember that most of these illegals come from countries where not even a light jacket is required. Temps in the RGV have been in the upper 20’s the last few days. The local poor have inadequate heat; there aren’t enough shelters for them.  Now consider the additional load of several thousand illegals.  Luring them here with the promise of a better life is just sinful!! 😡

Sorry, it’s hard to ignore the problem.  We can’t say, “How about those Broncos?” down here.

On 12/2/2022 at 10:45 AM, tide32 said:

Interesting!  Tidbits that stuck out for me:

- Immigration limits are in the 10-100K range for each class of visa. Yet millions are flooding our southern border.

- Refugees are supposed to apply BEFORE they arrive in the US.

- There is a per country cap on immigration. “… no group of permanent immigrants (family-based and employment-based combined) from a single country can exceed seven percent of the total number of people immigrating to the United States in a single fiscal year.”

Our Federal government was Constitutionally founded to deal with national defense, foreign relationships, and squabbles between the various States. (Don’t get me started on how we’ve strayed from those precepts into ‘domestic policy’.). I’m generally not an isolationist, but we elect our Congress & Executives to represent our interests, not those of some invading horde!! 

OUI....Despite our back and forth, and I really appreciate all you have to say... Google this: right before the last administration (Trump) left office an executive order denied the US Consulates (US Embassies) in the South American countries from hearing any Political or otherwise attempts to enter the US. Because the old law was letting up to 4% into this country. So as a result, all are coming to the US and coming across our borders instead of "waiting for their hearing" and waiting in their country. 

32 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

OUI....Despite our back and forth, and I really appreciate all you have to say... Google this: right before the last administration (Trump) left office an executive order denied the US Consulates (US Embassies) in the South American countries from hearing any Political or otherwise attempts to enter the US. Because the old law was letting up to 4% into this country. So as a result, all are coming to the US and coming across our borders instead of "waiting for their hearing" and waiting in their country. 

Do you have a Google search term for this assertion?

My bad, I read something that was taken out of context. I need to be more careful about that. I was reading about a Senator from Idaho that was suggesting that the rush on the border could be solved by having people visit the US Embassies in their home countries and apply there. The current law reads they have to be present in the US in order to do that. Again, sorry for the confusion.

13 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

@Bit Banger It must be super painful to watch these poor groups of people. 

What I find more painful is the willful ignorance of the problems and applicable laws by those in power. And even more egregious is the large portion of society who elected them to their positions.  We can be altruists about the plight of the illegal immigrants, but why should they be our concern when we can’t even take care of our own poor.  

I will say that immigrants from our southern neighbors are hard workers, with expectations of improving their lot.  Unlike the portion of our society living on the dole for generations.

Edited by Bit Banger

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

What I find more painful is the willful ignorance of the problems and applicable laws by those in power. And even more egregious is the large portion of society who elected them to their positions.  We can be altruists about the plight of the illegal immigrants, but why should they be our concern when we can’t even take care of our own poor.  

I will say that immigrants from our southern neighbors are hard workers, with expectations of improving their lot.  Unlike the portion of our society living on the dole for generations.

@Bit Banger , anyone who is willing to put forth effort to better themselves, I agree! (my signature below). As far as politics go? Well, you know my stand. My heart is with those who have no voice (handicapped, children, elderly). Hearing about babies drowning makes me cry. Sorry, that is what most parents do when they hear about suffering children. So many people in this world can’t see reality for what it is. There is too much ignorance.! Having a direct look at what’s going on in the border while the majority of us here in the United States will never see what you’re seeing and knowing it is reality withyour front row view of these poor desperate souls! .Just hearing you talk it makes me very sad and I’m sorry❤️ I am all for immigration appropriately done. We are living in times of no customer service or work ethics. All our elders are leaving the planet. Everyone should be forced to read “thinking, grow rich”  by Napoleon Hill! I can think of some other avenues that the general population has missed the bus. Not loving the New World Order.