Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Savoir Faire

Have you ever had to request a reference in order to write a review for a Provider?

28 posts in this topic

Kali has perked my interest in this particular subject and I must say I got a good chuckle from going all the way back to when I was a NEWBIE. My first review on TOB I requested without the use or aid of a reference. Back then, I was never asked to provide references, my reviews somewhat helped me. I didn't ask for a reference until a year later. I have also asked around and not one client from my research has had to request a reference before writing a review. If there is such a case where this has actually happened, please chime in so the process can be learned. According to TOB, a client can join and request a reference immediately, so that right there tells you, a client does not have get a reference in order to write a review.

I've never had to request a reference before writing a review, but I guess it is possible that things may have changed and that I am grandfathered in or something.

3 minutes ago, Mustang87 said:

I've never had to request a reference before writing a review, but I guess it is possible that things may have changed and that I am grandfathered in or something.

M87 I have never had to either and yes it could be that things have changed but from my research, I am not seeing any changes.  Notta 1 has had to do this. Lets see if someone can show us different...........

Yes I needed a reference before every single review I have submitted.  Dunno if they still require it, I've just kinda stuck in the habit now.  Maybe next one I send I'll try again to see. 

6 hours ago, zman999 said:

Yes I needed a reference before every single review I have submitted.  Dunno if they still require it, I've just kinda stuck in the habit now.  Maybe next one I send I'll try again to see. d

Zman please explain the process that makes you believe you needed a reference before a review could be submitted. Remember the question is asking if you had to request a reference before submitting a review. I am kinda curious if what you are saying is different from the question being answered.

Edited by Savoir Faire
Added verbage

5 hours ago, sb1212 said:

I have never been required to have a reference to post a review.

SB12 seems like submitting a review is not requiring the majority of us to submit a reference first. Thanks for your input.

15 hours ago, zman999 said:

Yes I needed a reference before every single review I have submitted.  Dunno if they still require it, I've just kinda stuck in the habit now.  Maybe next one I send I'll try again to see. 

I have never had to have a reference for anyone I have written a review for (I have several reviews under an old handle back when we could have 2 handles prior to Gina selling TOB).

Seems strange that you would be required to have a reference prior to writing a review.  Were you told my the mods or by the lady you visited that you were required to have a reference?

Just now, ilovewomen said:

I have never had to have a reference for anyone I have written a review for (I have several reviews under an old handle back when we could have 2 handles prior to Gina selling TOB).

Seems strange that you would be required to have a reference prior to writing a review.  Were you told my the mods or by the lady you visited that you were required to have a reference?

Mods. I posted a review and it was denied with the rules posting. Let me see if I can find it.  

2 minutes ago, zman999 said:

Mods. I posted a review and it was denied with the rules posting. Let me see if I can find it.  

Nah my notifications only go back a few months.  

9 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

Zman please explain the process that makes you believe you needed a reference before a review could be submitted. Remember the question is asking if you had to request a reference before submitting a review. I am kinda curious if what you are saying is different from the question being answered.

I went and saw a lovely lady here from tob. I submitted a review for her both because I wanted to and to help build up a little cred. That review was denied stating I couldn't review without having a reference from her. Happened at least twice. So I just got in the habit of asking for a reference before I review the lady and I explain why to each lady too. Now I just ask for a reference and ask the lady if she would like a review or not. 

I have no idea if now I have enough references or reviews to sidestep this policy but I can confirm the first several reviews I posted, at least two were rejected because I didn't have a reference from the lady I was trying to review. 

Good grief, is it necessary to keep recycling this same question over and over and worse yet questioning the veracity of other members when they say they had to get a reference before their review would be approved?  Yes, I know, it would help on this topic and many others if the admin/board owner would amend the published rules to reflect actual practice but the same applies to many questions.  As to references and reviews see here:

https://theotherboard.com/forum/index.php?/topic/42102-reviews-and-references/&page=1

quoting Whisperer directly in that thread:

New reviewers must obtain a reference from an established user before submitting a review.

We are requesting all reviewers obtain references whenever possible.

So no, if you have over 200 reviews or only review ladies with 100 reviews (both stated in the extreme to illustrate point) you do NOT have to get a reference from her, but it is still "encouraged".  If you are a relatively new reviewer OR are reviewing a relatively new lady (as I understand largely via rumor magic number is ten prior reviews!) then yes, you will likely be asked to get a reference from her to help prove you and/or her are not fakes, AND you will also be asked for more details in the review, also to help verify it is REAL.  When all else fails, pm'ing a mod with the question (as also suggested in linked thread) is a much better route than just flogging the lifeless horse again with a new thread.

Thanks @gr8owl. I knew it was around somewhere but couldn't find it.  Hope that helps clear up for both ladies and gentlemen. 

20 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

Nor have I, but everyone here - mods included - knows you are the real deal, Mustang. :) See explanation couple posts above - it is to help verify the new and/or unknown reviewers/ladies, but it most definitely is requested of many.

An answer from a board admin would be more definitive, but it looks like the policy is that new reviewers must have a provider reference before posting a review. Not sure how long that continues for a newbie.  The admins must strike a balance between the free flow of information and the legitimacy of that information. 

4 hours ago, zman999 said:

I went and saw a lovely lady here from tob. I submitted a review for her both because I wanted to and to help build up a little cred. That review was denied stating I couldn't review without having a reference from her. Happened at least twice. So I just got in the habit of asking for a reference before I review the lady and I explain why to each lady too. Now I just ask for a reference and ask the lady if she would like a review or not. 

I have no idea if now I have enough references or reviews to sidestep this policy but I can confirm the first several reviews I posted, at least two were rejected because I didn't have a reference from the lady I was trying to review. 

Zman, thanks for sharing, your experience is definitely UNIQUE and I wonder if anyone else ran into something similar. I remember back when I was a NEWBIE, yes I went through hell to get the review approved but I didn't have to get a reference to have it approved.

4 hours ago, zman999 said:

35 minutes ago, Savoir Faire said:

Zman, thanks for sharing, your experience is definitely UNIQUE and I wonder if anyone else ran into something similar. I remember back when I was a NEWBIE, yes I went through hell to get the review approved but I didn't have to get a reference to have it approved.

Cheers mate.  Happy to help out and share my experience. It was extremely challenging to get established here and still can be tricky even now.  

6 hours ago, sb1212 said:

An answer from a board admin would be more definitive, but it looks like the policy is that new reviewers must have a provider reference before posting a review. Not sure how long that continues for a newbie.  The admins must strike a balance between the free flow of information and the legitimacy of that information. 

9 hours ago, zman999 said:

ZMan you also have me going way back to when I was a NEWBIE as well. I remember I had zero reviews and she was blessed with just 1 review. LOL, I will never forget the guy's handle that had reviewed her before me.  I wonder how that guy is doing these days? Anyways, this particular provider was absolutely awesome but she had been flagged for self reviewing and lets just say "we both went through hell" to get my review approved. I also helped her get those self review flags removed as well. I have been known to be a Savior at times. I didn't ask her for a reference until a year or so later. And yes LOL, she was that damn good. I hope she is doing okay these days, she was real as they come and I love the real ones...............

7 hours ago, sb1212 said:

SB12 I must agree and say that you have a valid point. We shall keep our fingers crossed and I am sure we will hear something LOL.............

10 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

ILW seems we were luckier than the newest batch of NEWBIES, just maybe LOL.

7 hours ago, sb1212 said:

An answer from a board admin would be more definitive, 

That is why I posted the link and the direct quote from the head admin his/herself.  Editing the published rules when they change might help limit confusion. :)

On 1/11/2022 at 1:12 PM, Savoir Faire said:

not one client from my research has had to request a reference before writing a review. If there is such a case where this has actually happened, please chime in so the process can be learned. According to TOB, a client can join and request a reference immediately, so that right there tells you, a client does not have get a reference in order to write a review.

Several have clearly stated in the forum that they had to.  It affects primarily new reviewers and/or ladies.  Perhaps you are only asking old timers???

6 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

your experience is definitely UNIQUE and I wonder if anyone else ran into something similar. I

Not unique at all!

I do not understand why you are in denial about this.  NUMEROUS members, both male and female, have stated the same thing, the Whisperer has chimed in to confirm, and I tried to be helpful and give the link and quote from where it was clarified, yet here we still are.  One of MANY things that changed when SESTA/FOSTA reared its head.  But to continue saying "has anybody experienced this?" let alone saying it doesn't happen or is unique to one is getting a tad insulting to those that have clearly stated it does, and especially after admin/owner has chimed in.  The folks that have reported this are telling the truth. :o

I went back and looked at a thread and on August 24, 2018, Whisperer did state that they are requiring all new reviewers to have a reference from the lady they want to review and that they are asking all of us to get a reference from a lady we want to review.

On 1/14/2022 at 9:10 AM, ilovewomen said:

I went back and looked at a thread and on August 24, 2018, Whisperer did state that they are requiring all new reviewers to have a reference from the lady they want to review and that they are asking all of us to get a reference from a lady we want to review.

The last  3 for sure needed a references from me so that their reviews on me would post. Last reference I approved of I am still waiting for his review to post. No big deal and all there of the gentlemen are sweethearts so need to ask questions. Like I said earlier. I believed them and I now see this is TOB’s practice now. 😊

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

On 2/18/2022 at 6:36 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

The last  3 for sure needed a references from me so that their reviews on me would post. Last reference I approved of I am still waiting for his review to post. No big deal and all there of the gentlemen are sweethearts so need to ask questions. Like I said earlier. I believed them and I now see this is TOB’s practice now. 😊

This would be TOB’s requirement for all new reviewers to reach out.

On 2/19/2022 at 3:45 PM, ilovewomen said:

This would be TOB’s requirement for all new reviewers to reach out.

Mostly for all new reviewers,  I believe or possibly if it has been a couple of years since the reviewer has posted  a review maybe? 

Damn, I hate going back and rereading what I wrote!!!! 😂😂 if anyone has a problem understanding me? Just call! 

I'm a noobie here and just had my first date with Stevie_Raye. I submitted a review right after that which was denied.  Admin stated that I needed a "TOB Reference" before I could submit the review. I got the reference and will see if admin accepts the review now.