Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maclovin

This Memorial Weekend

12 posts in this topic

If anyone asks you if you did anything special this weekend, the appropriate response is, "Yes. We took a moment to remember those who gave their lives for us."

99014100_10223030001846388_6009707335088340992_n.jpg

11 hours ago, Maclovin said:

If anyone asks you if you did anything special this weekend, the appropriate response is, "Yes. We took a moment to remember those who gave their lives for us."

99014100_10223030001846388_6009707335088340992_n.jpg

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

EXACTLY WHAT I PLAN ON DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!   I have a few I remember from Nam.

52 minutes ago, coolhand luke said:

EXACTLY WHAT I PLAN ON DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!   I have a few I remember from Nam.

As do I.  My new SO was asking a few questions about my service when the remembrances started.  This may be a tough weekend.

15 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

As do I.  My new SO was asking a few questions about my service when the remembrances started.  This may be a tough weekend.

Always a bit of a tough weekend for me.

I encourage everyone - especially those who did not serve - to Google Paul Hardcastle's song "19" for perspective.

On 5/28/2021 at 7:33 PM, Bit Banger said:

Somethings just can’t be talked about.  A lot of us have seen things that we will never forget.

A lot of my friends never came home, some came home  missing body parts, some came home missing their soul.

I will never forget.

I am proud to call my fellow soldiers my brother as we all share something. 

I got a t-shirt with this on it.... I bought it specifically to wear for this weekend... I think it's the most appropriate.Screenshot_20210530-115634_Google.jpg

3 hours ago, Strange_Ice said:

I got a t-shirt with this on it.... I bought it specifically to wear for this weekend... I think it's the most appropriate.Screenshot_20210530-115634_Google.jpg

Love it...it says it perfectly what Memorial Day is supposed to be about.

Edited by ilovewomen

Memorial Day, originally Decoration Day, was first held in 1868 to decorate the graves of Civil War dead.  828K of Union and another 841K of Confederate deaths when the country’s total population was a mere 31million.

Today is a day to honor so many.  Some of us have had friends and family that deserve to be remembered and honored on this day.

I went over to Ft. Logan this morning to pay my respects to the many who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

I was please to see that Ft. Logan had a lot of traffic this wet, dreary morning.

People have not forgotten what today is all about.