Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
No One In Particular

Ad pages now opening up when viewing listings

21 posts in this topic

Anyone else notice that apparently starting in the last day or so, when you click on a city or listing the site is now also opening up a new window to a cheesy cam girl site? (Usually https://xxxnaughtycams.com/)

That's really annoying, but I know it's all about money.

Edited by No One In Particular

Yes, that page opens when I click on photo view in the listings.

10 hours ago, No One In Particular said:

Anyone else notice that apparently starting in the last day or so, when you click on a city or listing the site is now also opening up a new window to a cheesy cam girl site? (Usually https://xxxnaughtycams.com/)

That's really annoying, but I know it's all about money.

Hmmm. I just tried clicking on a photo in the listings for several different ladies and I did not run into this problem.

Maybe the mods resolved this issue or it is limited to certain ladies.

Nope - if I go to the listings, when I click the first name it will open the NaughtyCams web site, every time.

Still happens with me to. Just on my phone, not computer.

I have never had the described irritation/problem occur on either of two phones or laptop.  I even rebooted, cleared cache and history, etc. trying to duplicate.  Just does not happen on any of my said equipment.  I certainly do not question that others do experience (sorry, would really piss me off!!).  I can only suggest making sure your system, especially the browser, is current with respect to updates and if that does not work, change browsers.  I do not experience with either Chrome or Webroot secure on any of the devices.  Also disable popups if you haven't and increase the level of security settings ;)  

10 hours ago, No One In Particular said:

Nope - if I go to the listings, when I click the first name it will open the NaughtyCams web site, every time.

8 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

Still happens with me to. Just on my phone, not computer.

I just tried clicking on the listing a the top of the lists using a different computer.  Still doesn't happen to me.

I'm guessing that somewhere in your cache, there is a old link that is directing you to that web site.

Nope, in fact none of the machines I experience this with (phone, computer) have any cache at all stored on them as I empty them, history and cookies on a regular basis.

Perhaps when it happens once it leaves a tracking cookie so the site is not opened again that is being deleted when I clean up.

Still, this never happened before early this week.

Yep.  Same thing here.  Started this week.

Started happening to me this week, also.  My cache is clear and I even use a VPN with Opera for TOB.  Hopefully this will get resolved cuz it is a bit of an annoyance.  I'm gonna run Spybot Search and Destroy today to see if that fixes it on my end.

it's not happening to me either. I tried several things and no cam website 

Those who aren't big web geeks can ignore this; the TL;DR summary is it's very definitely a change made to the site for advertising/revenue purposes.

A bit of JavaScript was added to the pages and is based on checking for a cookie named ReactAds0.

It generally looks like this:

<script src="https://tpmedia-reactads.com/scripts/script.php"></script>
<script>

ReactAds.config({safe:true});
ReactAds.bindTo('a');
ReactAds.add('https://engine.voluumtlkrnarketing.com/?971698294‘,{
under: true,
 newTab: false,
cookieExpires: 43200,
 initOnload: true,
shouldFire: function() {
if (ReactAds.Browser.isChrome && !ReactAds.Browser.isMobile) {
if ( ReactAds.Browser.isEdge === true) {
 return true;
 }
return false;
}
return true;
}
});

</script>

If the cookie isn't found, it will open this URL or one like it:
https://engine.voluumtlkrnarketing.com/?971698294

Opening that URL will open a window or tab behind the current one that will end up opening the home page for the cam site https://xxxnaughtycams.com/?

HTML snippet from that page:

<title>xxxnaughtycams.com - Live Sex Web Cam Video Chat</title>

The "ReactAds0" cookie will be added with a value of 1, and will set the local storage key ReactAdsLastPopAt to the time the popup was created, for me it currently holds the value 1621635031342.

On most systems, entering that value here will convert it to a date for you:

https://www.unixtimestamp.com/index.php

As of the time I am writing this the popup was last created at 1621635031342, or Fri May 21 2021 16:10:31 GMT-0600 (MDT).

If you do not clear your cookies you should only see the popup once every twelve hours (43200 seconds.)

I wonder if this pop up is unique to certain ladies?

Sorry about that. It actually doesn't work in Chrome at all. We removed the code, cleared cache and are trying to figure out why a few users are still seeing that:/

It started for me the same day the OP posted.  That same site will open when I re-post my ad. It pops up behind the TOB page. I don't see it until I close TOB. * This might be something to think about if you share a computer with household members.  I would suggest not walking away from your device until you close the TOB window, and see if the site there. 

I just looked at my own profile, and it is still doing it.  I don't have java, cleared my history and cookies, ran malware, using Firefox with pop ups blocked, and nothing seems to work.  I am the only only that uses my computer, so I can deal with it.

Who placed "the code" to begin with ..... TOB or the cam site?

Edited by gr8owl
add quote .... could not

Just now, gr8owl said:

Who placed "the code" to begin with ..... TOB or the cam site?

1 hour ago, TheWhisperer said:

Sorry about that. It actually doesn't work in Chrome at all. We removed the code, cleared cache and are trying to figure out why a few users are still seeing that:/

This issue should be corrected now.

We are looking at putting a pop under on the listing page. It's supposed to appear once every 24 hours when that user visits the listing area. Unfortunately, this test went a little haywire, we apologize for that:(

18 hours ago, TheWhisperer said:

I should have detailed that; if you look at the code:

shouldFire: function() {
if (ReactAds.Browser.isChrome && !ReactAds.Browser.isMobile) {
if ( ReactAds.Browser.isEdge === true) {
 return true;
 }
return false;
}
return true;
}
});

The function determines whether the pop under should fire, and following the code:

If the browser is Chrome but ISN'T a mobile browser:

If the browser is Edge, return true

If not, return false

return true

So no pop-under would fire if the browser was Chrome AND a desktop version but WASN'T Edge (which makes sense, as the Microsoft Edge browser is based on Chromium, the open source browser project at the heart of both it and Google Chrome.)

For any other browser, the pop-under would, which explains why I saw it using Safari on both macOS and iOS as well as when using Firefox.

It is no longer happening to me, so it looks like it is fixed.  Thanks !!