OldNavyGuy

Southern Bell

13 posts in this topic

Oh Alabama, Good luck in your new life's chapter. You will be missed by many. Now the search for a new ATF. 

14 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

What? 

Usually it would be the Lady's prerogative to post to the forum any announcement on "Moving On". In this case per perusing OldNavyGuy's profile I then reached-out to the Lady mentioned with a --->  "We are sorry to see you go, if there’s anything we can do to help please contact us." <--- notice. Hopefully she will respond to this thread...

3 minutes ago, Kaduk said:

Usually it would be the Lady's prerogative to post to the forum any announcement on "Moving On". In this case per perusing OldNavyGuy's profile I then reached-out to the Lady mentioned with a --->  "We are sorry to see you go, if there’s anything we can do to help please contact us." <--- notice.

She posted in the listing section she was moving on. I did nothing wrong. I won't post again. Please remove my post. I was saying goodbye to a wonderful lady.

Edited by OldNavyGuy

14 minutes ago, OldNavyGuy said:

She posted in the listing section she was moving on.

You could of, would of, should of, mentioned this little detail in the OP.

It just needs to be made certain and clear that the statement is verified. Nothing wrong with the approach in this instance.....

How nice, cigars all around, bros to the max.

ppdHjxN.gif

On 12/19/2020 at 5:34 PM, OldNavyGuy said:

She posted in the listing section she was moving on. I did nothing wrong. I won't post again. Please remove my post. I was saying goodbye to a wonderful lady.

You could easily send her a message, an email, or a text.  There's a multitude of ways you could have said goodbye to her without making a thread about it.  Plus, some providers want it to be lowkey when they leave the industry so it doesn't raise weird questions if/when they come back.

No need to play the victim and act like a pouty kid

10 hours ago, Mandrewthe4th said:

You could easily send her a message, an email, or a text.  There's a multitude of ways you could have said goodbye to her without making a thread about it.  Plus, some providers want it to be lowkey when they leave the industry so it doesn't raise weird questions if/when they come back.

While I agree in general in this specific case it was a public goodbye on her part. I see nothing wrong with OPs post. Sharing nice public info others may have missed is typically welcome, isn't it?

14 hours ago, Mandrewthe4th said:

4 hours ago, oldguy47 said:

While I agree in general in this specific case it was a public goodbye on her part. I see nothing wrong with OPs post. Sharing nice public info others may have missed is typically welcome, isn't it?

In general there is nothing wrong to wish a member farewell. As the OP was worded there was need for further verification to that fact. The larger picture is she noted that on her listing. Usually an exit stage left would be announced first person to the forum leaving no-doubt. In this case there was a connection even though I had to search for it:: clicked on profile ----> found the positive review ---> also shows member joined date as May 3, 2016 he has [5] positive reviews, Notices were sent to both parties to verify.....

Yea, I was more referring to the whole "I'll never post here again" that OldNavyGuy went with - he literally hadn't even been admonished or anything and was acting like a beaten puppy.

If someone is going to get that emotionally invested in their forum topic then it's probably a better idea they send messages in private rather than making public posts about them.

And given our OP sent me a message this morning raging "Who the fuck asked your opinion" I'm going to double down on the thought that maybe OP needs to not get so worked up over a forum post.

23 minutes ago, Mandrewthe4th said:

Yea, I was more referring to the whole "I'll never post here again" that OldNavyGuy went with - he literally hadn't even been admonished or anything and was acting like a beaten puppy.

If someone is going to get that emotionally invested in their forum topic then it's probably a better idea they send messages in private rather than making public posts about them.

And given our OP sent me a message this morning raging "Who the fuck asked your opinion" I'm going to double down on the thought that maybe OP needs to not get so worked up over a forum post.

So, in other words: you resurrected a zombie thread to be a dick to the guy, and now you’re doubling down to reinforce what a dick you can be?