Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mistress Christian Gentry

What are your holiday plans???

12 posts in this topic

I love the fall/winter time because of home-cook meals from my grandma and delicious desserts that I eat once a year lol. I’m going to be leaving CO to spend the holidays with my family. What are your holiday plans??

Was going to take my 85 yr old moms down to El Paso to see my sister. Haven't seen her since last Christmas. But that's been put on hold due to word that EP has become a hot spot for the virus. So will stay local, eat with relatives that live locally.  Generally, someone gets a free turkey or two.  Seriously thinking of deep frying a bird this year.  You have yourself great and happy holidays, young missy.:)

I already put my tree up! I've thrown all norms out the window this year.  I love the extra cheer. 😊

We're having Thanksgiving at my place this year, so it will be turkey and the Cowboys.

Christmas my mom is coming to stay for a week, and we'll be at my daughters here in town.  I make Cioppino for Christmas and we all meet up for a movie Christmas night. 

I'm fortunate to spend the holidays with family. That wasn't the case when I was new to Colorado.  Spent a lot of time alone during the holidays so I'm grateful. 🙏 

Enjoy the all the yummy food and especially grandma pretty lady. 💗

Yay Hunter! I'm happy I'm not the only one that's already put up their tree Lol Couldn't help it...

This year I was truly debating having a white Christmas, in the white sand somewhere tropical...but traveling to me just isn't worth the risk yet! Better safe than sorry.

So making some favorite dishes & snuggling up with furry blankets & drinks by the fire sounds good to me. Movie nights on Christmas are always so fun, now I'm feeling in the Spirit~ 

I saw some lawn decorations up for Christmas already,  i never even fully decorated for Halloween,  but we were quarantined after my daughter had covid (very mild symptoms all better now).  I'm hoping it doesn't snow too much before i can get the lights up.  House faces north so once it snows it takes awhile before i can put stuff up.   My mom and sister are not up for family gatherings this year so I'll be laying low.

14 minutes ago, Leena_rose said:

This year I was truly debating having a white Christmas, in the white sand somewhere tropical..

Try Alamogordo, NM 

Not tropical, but the travel is less risky 😜

13 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Try Alamogordo, NM 

Not tropical, but the travel is less risky 😜

Is new Mexico still requiring a self quarantine period to visit? 

Not sure.  It wasn’t when I was there late August.  Stayed at campgrounds in Bernalillo & Lordsburg.

I haven't heard of any new regulations, but it wouldn't surprise me if they went back to quarantine period.  The original quarantine only applied if you stopped for an overnight stay in New Mexico.

5 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

I haven't heard of any new regulations, but it wouldn't surprise me if they went back to quarantine period.  The original quarantine only applied if you stopped for an overnight stay in New Mexico.

From cv.nmhealth.org/travel-recommendations/

this Updated: Oct. 15, 2020 durangoherald.com/articles/350357

I read it. It sounds just like a hospital here. In the beginning they wanted anyone who even drove through a hot spot at 65mph and never got out to self quarantine. Then when they realized they could never replace staff, just said show up to work. If you feel sick we will check you out to see if you are infected.There are enough exemptions to about apply to everyone.