AnaBeau

Bitcoin?

45 posts in this topic

My experience with bitcoin is it's super hard to mess with TNA uses it and it almost cost me from visiting portland last year. I'm super nervous about this change sense I'm coming to visit I'm going to get my stuff before they make the switch but I may have to stay another month so hopefully I have it figured out by then. It's always been more of a headache than anything I drove to one of those ATMs spent a ton on uber just to find out the whole network was down that day they ran out of bitcoin. It took me another week to figure it out and that was on another phone I dont have access to anymore with a app I used n I dont remember which one because there are so many apps u can use it with! Very nervous about my trip now I already got my tickit last week and now finding this out is frustrating to say the least!!!!!!

On 7/27/2020 at 9:17 AM, Marilyn Desire said:

TOB is transitioning to bitcoin only as of July 29th. I use coinbase for bitcoin, but it can be very frustrating sometimes, and some banks do not even allow you to purchase cryptocurrency! I hope that TOB has their bitcoin checkout process streamlined...

I use coinbase as well and breeze through it . Does it work with tob

So I just tried to purchase an ad on here with bitocin, I sent the bitcoin to the ad, and nada. Still cant purchase it, but the bitcoin is gone. I am hoping this gets fixed soon, and its not a recurring issue!

23 minutes ago, Marilyn Desire said:

So I just tried to purchase an ad on here with bitocin, I sent the bitcoin to the ad, and nada. Still cant purchase it, but the bitcoin is gone. I am hoping this gets fixed soon, and its not a recurring issue!

I know that bitcoin transactions can take up to an hour or so to process some times.  There's several remote computers that have to approve the transaction before it's considered completed.  I think in cash.app there's a way to look at the transaction and see the progress.  It will be good for a few people to post how long it took for it to go through.

Edited by FuriousWeasel

9 minutes ago, FuriousWeasel said:

I know that bitcoin transactions can take up to an hour or so to process some times.  There's several remote computers that have to approve the transaction before it's considered completed.  I think in cash.app there's a way to look at the transaction and see the progress.  It will be good for a few people to post how long it took for it to go through.

Ok good to know. I've used bitcoin for other sites with coinbase and it's always sent instantly, but for TOB I used cashapp as they suggested so I guess we will see how long it takes. I will update once it goes through so people have some idea on how long it takes!

4 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:
  • I know that bitcoin transactions can take up to an hour or so to process some times.
  • It will be good for a few people to post how long it took for it to go through.

With help from admin took about 4 hours...

On 8/13/2020 at 11:33 AM, Marilyn Desire said:

With help from admin took about 4 hours...

That's good for everyone to know that it ain't gonna be instant like they're used to with credit card!

I was afraid of Bitcoin for a long time, but I found using a Bitcoin ATM was easiest for me. 

Edited by AlexisSweet69

On 8/12/2020 at 0:05 PM, Ryann said:

I use coinbase as well and breeze through it . Does it work with tob

Does anyone know how to pay with bitcoin? 
im afraid I can’t post because of this!!!! If anyone knows please message me. Thanks. Oceann

Contact the mods and they can help you

only was like 10min wait the other day for my ad to go up but had to have help using it lol..so don't ask me LOL 

Edited by lustybustygina

On cashapp it’s 7 to10 business days period to have your bitcoin account verified. Only waiting because it wouldn’t take a photo of my id. It has been stressful to say the least. Does anyone know of a place you can verify faster? Any other options? I bought my bitcoin on cashapp only to not be able to post for over a week now. 

Coinbase the app is easier to me I finally got my account back open I  havnt used in a year. It is annoying to set up but after the first time you will learn how to do it. You have to put your i.d and bank information though

I would strongly suggest that all of you who use and or accept cryptocurrency of any type check out what the income tax ramifications of these transactions are.  You may be shocked to learn the tax regulations treat them as "investments" and not cash.  Forbes has some good info on this.

Edited by oldguysrule45
grammar

I used cashapp. Was verified in minutes and my transaction posted to tob instantly..... the change from my ad has dropped by over 50 cents in a week...🤣