Calik8

Moves your soul.

658 posts in this topic

More Pony because I can't get enough and he has fantastic taste in women. ;)

IMG_0740.jpeg

Edited by Leigh5280
Cause

Some random music thoughts on a Friday night.

Still cannot get enough Sophie.  Definite weakness, but some of the things she does with that Kiesel have to watch more than once just to go huh, wow.

Or totally unrelated - I said random - how about some Ghost Hounds just for grins.

OK, one more random stop along the way.  Latest Ana would be good.

Just because.  Seemed much simpler in the '80's. A classic I have not heard in a bit

And how wrong can one go with these three

What about the other Fish?

I have posted Samantha Fish tunes a time or two here, big fan.  But how about her sister Amanda? A voice made for the blues.  Cover of a classic.  Jake can play a little guitar as well.

Edited by gr8owl

Which of course got me in a bluesy mood.  How about it - any Tommy Castro fans?

Whole Wide World from the brand new Rolling Stones album, Hackney Diamonds.  First original tunes in almost 20 years.  Still only one Stones.  An excellent album.

Brand new and just in time for Halloween.  From Jackie's new album "Ghost in the Machine" which is pretty much prior material redone the way she really wanted it to begin with.  You know best, lady, do not let 'em tell you what to do :) Anyway, for fellow Jackie fans :

How about a great version of a classic from the band Traffic.  Dave Mason was a founding member.  Great band - Mason, Stevie Winwood, Jim Capaldi.  I have been a fan of Mason through all the years.  Joe plays a little guitar also. 

13 hours ago, gr8owl said:

How about a great version of a classic from the band Traffic.  Dave Mason was a founding member.  Great band - Mason, Stevie Winwood, Jim Capaldi.  I have been a fan of Mason through all the years.  Joe plays a little guitar also. 

Thanks for this one.  I've seen Joe B twice.  Once years ago at the Bluebird and a few years ago at Red Rocks.  Saw Dave Mason at the Taste of Colorado a number of years ago.  Both are awesome players.

On 11/17/2023 at 8:52 AM, average1 said:

Thanks for this one.  I've seen Joe B twice.  Once years ago at the Bluebird and a few years ago at Red Rocks.  Saw Dave Mason at the Taste of Colorado a number of years ago.  Both are awesome players.

You are welcome.  Of course I was reminded that Dave Mason's 1974 self titled album is one of my  favorite mid 70's albums.  Includes perhaps my all time favorite cover of the iconic Dylan tune  below and a bunch of very good songs.  A couple for grins:

It occurs to me seeing their 50th anniversary live album that I have not posted any Blue Oyster Cult here before.  Shame on me.   I have seen them live many times over many years, and every show was excellent.  Simply one of the best live rock bands.  Any other fans here?  Hope so, here's a couple to enjoy.

OK so the 50 year anniversary post was fun, but I also enjoy seeing the up and coming stars.  Anyone hear of Grace Bowers yet?  If not remember the name, you will probably hear it a lot soon.  17 and doing Stevie Ray cover. Hope someone enjoys.

One of my faves! I am an old soul I will admit. 

16 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

One of my faves! I am an old soul I will admit. 

Great song.  ELP did some fantastic music.  Along with Yes and some others, they were the forerunners of prog rock.

3 hours ago, average1 said:

Great song.  ELP did some fantastic music.  Along with Yes and some others, they were the forerunners of prog rock.

Progressive Rock as well as folk music and healing sounds and a few other sounds I love! 

Jack and Edge trying to look calm

Mick Fleetwood possessed by pure joy

On 1/25/2024 at 7:48 PM, gr8owl said:

OK so the 50 year anniversary post was fun, but I also enjoy seeing the up and coming stars.  Anyone hear of Grace Bowers yet?  If not remember the name, you will probably hear it a lot soon.  17 and doing Stevie Ray cover. Hope someone enjoys.

That is some great guitaring!

On 11/13/2021 at 9:51 AM, average1 said:

He will be missed.  I've enjoyed the Moody Blues for decades, even from the Denny Laine days.  As ILW said, their music is timeless.  They could rock it pretty hard and then turn melodic and soft.  So many fond music memories.  And their video of the Red Rocks concert is outstanding.

100% I love Moody Blues! 

We all need to go over to someones basement enjoy all this music! 

I am in insomniac mode! 

Brand new - OK a day old - and excellent.  From my fave, and Joe as a bonus.  He does many collaborations but when was the last time he was not the best guitarist in the collab. IMHO

And while I am here, how about a pretty good version of a classic Allman Brothers tune.  Just because (and a little more Grace)