fishndude57

Watch the C-Notes Again...

10 posts in this topic

Paid one o my workers last week with a couple, one was bogus, even grabbed it from the bank, cost me an additional buck quarter for overdraft and penalties on his bank account. Out $225 total for a bogus C. I'm gonna go get pens, can't even trust the bank anymore, pathetic. 

1 hour ago, fishndude57 said:

Paid one o my workers last week with a couple, one was bogus, even grabbed it from the bank, cost me an additional buck quarter for overdraft and penalties on his bank account. Out $225 total for a bogus C. I'm gonna go get pens, can't even trust the bank anymore, pathetic. 

🐠 is this a self alert?  A  preemptive strike for a blacklist report?😂😂

your lobster still loves you

Edited by Laci French

3 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

PM me which bank.Just got a bunch and hoping it wasn't mine.

7 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

You think the bank would check all bills that come in? Hard lesson learned, pay your employees with a payroll check!

Banks take in cash and pass out cash. What one depositor gives to a teller may go right into the cash drawer, then the next withdrawal may contain some of those bills.

I have received counterfeit currency several times over the years, twice from banks. Once I was able to catch it right away and the bank dealt with it on the spot. Once I did not notice until later in the day, returned to the bank and reported the problem, and the bad bill was exchanged. On one occasion I made a night deposit and one of the bills in my deposit bag was determined to be counterfeit, and I had to take the hit.

Usually the person holding the bill when it is discovered to be counterfeit is the person who is stuck with it. Maybe you will hear from a US Secret Service agent, maybe not. Usually they are interested only in those bills involved in widespread or ongoing counterfeiting operations. The guy photocopying $5 and $10 bills to run through the change machines at laundries and car washes will draw little official attention.

If I were still in business and dealing with quantities of cash I would certainly have the counterfeit detection pens on hand and test every bill $20 and above before accepting them. Modern color printers, and two-sided printers, are capable of producing very good counterfeits. The key element remains the paper, and some of the watermarks can't be reproduced as easily. Probably easier to pass phony money today than bad checks.

Pens aren't a guarantee for finding counterfeit bills, unless they have changed things, all a pen does is determine if the paper is legit.

A good counterfeiter will take paper from lower denominations usually ones or fives and bleach the ink off then they print their counterfeits on them.

Something I have noticed some places using is a light they look at the bills under.

Well, I took a whole bunch out yesterday for a big meet that didn’t work out. Should I take them to the bank for testing?

All newer bills have a strip placed in the bill.

Hold it up to the light.

Yup washing bills is a old trick.

just google it - tons of info on how to spot a fake...

and it's google for crimineys sake, so it has to be right...