Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

To review or not review.... that is the question

65 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, time4fun said:

Bella,

I've wanted to set something up with you, but there is little informaton out there about what kind of person you are in a session.  You mentioned you're on Eccie but really there is nothing there and you have only recently signed on to Eccie.  I inquired of you about your protocol for setting appointments.  You responded saying you needed my name.  I would say that if you joined P411 you would feel more secure about booking appointments.  I am not sure how providing my real name would enhance your safety as opposed to having the ability to review potential clients through the P411 system.  How would you feel about providing your real name in exchange for mine?  

If you wanna knock her screening why don't you take it to one of the many threads about screening. P411 isn't the catch all answer to everything.

It's better than anything else.  and If  A provider wants to refer to another credible site, that's fine if there's something there, but there's not.

I think the subject has been pretty well covered, but as a sorta newbie I rely on personnel web sites for info and reviews for all the reasons stated already

23 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I'm not gonna argue with you.

Good to know

no there is nothing wrong with what anyone one said and if you agree with this, which you didn't earlier why do you say things like only see well reviewed providers? Simply pointing out that logic is flawed and not good advice. If we went by your "good advice" then what I said would be true.

Yet now, you seem to want to argue  :confused:

What did I say that was so difficult to understand?

"Only see well-reviewed providers" -- this is good advice.  Some guys see providers without reviews -- this is true.  If ALL men ONLY saw providers with reviews, the hobby would go extinct.  That doesn't happen, so what's the problem?  Do you simply need to bicker with someone today?

25 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

If you wanna knock her screening why don't you take it to one of the many threads about screening. P411 isn't the catch all answer to everything.

It seems to be an issue between him & Bella -- why are you inserting yourself into a discussion that has nothing to do with you?

If he's uncomfortable with her screening, he has every right to move on.  Do you agree with that?

37 minutes ago, time4fun said:

It's better than anything else.  and If  A provider wants to refer to another credible site, that's fine if there's something there, but there's not.

The OP did say she'd just recently joined ECCIE earlier in this thread and her profile there is only hours old...

1 minute ago, MAG said:

It sounds like the OP is doing what she feels is in her best interests, within the boundaries of what she is comfortable with.

Too bad some people don't think that clients have the same right.  :(

Maybe she'll chime in to this sh*tstorm that was formerly a benign thread

1 hour ago, time4fun said:

Bella,

I've wanted to set something up with you, but there is little informaton out there about what kind of person you are in a session.  You mentioned you're on Eccie but really there is nothing there and you have only recently signed on to Eccie.  I inquired of you about your protocol for setting appointments.  You responded saying you needed my name.  I would say that if you joined P411 you would feel more secure about booking appointments.  I am not sure how providing my real name would enhance your safety as opposed to having the ability to review potential clients through the P411 system.  How would you feel about providing your real name in exchange for mine?  

I never ask for real name....if you have references that are willing to vouch for you then I'm fine as long as the providers are legit

Just now, MAG said:

I hope she does.  She seems very likable.  It's interesting to hear a new (and reasoned) voice about the issue.  Most providers who disallow reviews don't participate on the boards.  I enjoy hearing her perspective.

Damn! We agree on something for once. It must be Winter Solstice or something

Just now, MrBigShot said:

Damn! We agree on something for once. It must be Winter Solstice or something

Full moon.  :)

1 minute ago, MAG said:

Full moon.  :)

I thought it would take the Apocalypse before we'd agree on anything

Ok...ok.... I wasn't trying to get everyone up in arms. I am cautious due to the fact that I'm new to this review thing. I am uncomfortable with too descriptive of my sessions. As far as screening goes, I like to be safe... you can be John Doe for all I care. I'm just not interested in getting involved in LE

3 minutes ago, Bella Marie said:

Ok...ok.... I wasn't trying to get everyone up in arms. I am cautious due to the fact that I'm new to this review thing. I am uncomfortable with too descriptive of my sessions. As far as screening goes, I like to be safe... you can be John Doe for all I care. I'm just not interested in getting involved in LE

It's the internet. People get testy with one another

That or they get upset when you question their "reference" apparently....

On 12/20/2016 at 3:27 PM, Bella Marie said:

Ok... so as a "low profile" provider I am skeptical about accepting reviews. Most of my clientele prefer not to, while a few will. I don't want alot of attention so I request them not to. I have been getting clients from TOB that are hesitant to see me because I have none.... any suggestions? 

Yes, accpet reviews.  How else are we supposed to know what level of service you provide?  Unless, of course, if you are willing to discuss services beforehand.

On 12/20/2016 at 3:27 PM, Bella Marie said:

Ok... so as a "low profile" provider I am skeptical about accepting reviews. Most of my clientele prefer not to, while a few will. I don't want alot of attention so I request them not to. I have been getting clients from TOB that are hesitant to see me because I have none.... any suggestions? 

And in another post you say you want activities to be private.  Combination of the two pretty clearly says you do not want reviews.  The question is how much business you want and how quickly you want to acquire regulars, because not allowing reviews will reduce the number of prospective clients - at least the ones that frequent boards that feature reviews.  Back Page readers - not so much because as someone already noted a lot of BP guys don't even know this place exists.  A total lack of reviews is not a deal killer for me because I don't rely too much on them (but I do write them on occasion, go figure), but in the absence of reviews some indication of what you are all about either in posts here or carefully worded ads or website etc. is necessary.  There is no magic answer, but rather it is a balance between less attention and documented activities vs. potential client pool.  Asking here the answers will lean heavily toward accepting reviews because after all reviews are a key feature here.  There is also a tendency to flock to the "new girl" after a first couple positive reviews, but I am skeptical if it matters in the long run.  Bottom line - go with your gut and what you are comfortable with, provide good service and all will be good.

5 hours ago, MAG said:

"Only see well-reviewed providers" -- this is good advice.  Some guys see providers without reviews -- this is true.  If ALL men ONLY saw providers with reviews, the hobby would go extinct.  That doesn't happen, so what's the problem?  Do you simply need to bicker with someone today?

That you contradict yourself. Why promote advice that is against furthering the business? There was no problem just simply stated that was dumb advice.

5 hours ago, MAG said:

It seems to be an issue between him & Bella -- why are you inserting yourself into a discussion that has nothing to do with you?

If he's uncomfortable with her screening, he has every right to move on.  Do you agree with that?

Why derail the thread? Or offer totally unsolicited advice on an unrelated subject? Did I deny him any rights? I don't think so. If it was an issue between just the two of them then he should have kept it private and not put in an open forum. Kinda like you, you have a problem why not tell me privately?

I don't think the topic of being allowed reviews has anything do with her screening method. I think you can agree with that right?

17 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Why derail the thread? Or offer totally unsolicited advice on an unrelated subject? Did I deny him any rights? I don't think so. If it was an issue between just the two of them then he should have kept it private and not put in an open forum. Kinda like you, you have a problem why not tell me privately?

I don't think the topic of being allowed reviews has anything do with her screening method. I think you can agree with that right?

Hmmm....derailing the thread?  You're the one who "won't argue with me" but insists on arguing with me.  You're the one who lectured time4fun about his opinions on screening, when the topic of this thread is "allowing reviews".  

I should think that if you want to continue bickering with me, it's up to you to message me privately.  You haven't done that.  Why?

On December 20, 2016 at 3:27 PM, Bella Marie said:

My experience is this. I will not see a provider unless she has reviews with a reputable site and even then I take them with a grain of salt. I also look at who is reviewing, especially on this site, because I have seen enough of their reviews to know there pretty accurate and of course ymmv is always in play. I look at the reviews to gage weather or not it's a good fit for me and for her. Granted, I have taken many fliers on BP ladies and have found a few gems, but overall I have been disappointed in those endeavors. So, I decided to stay out of that rift raft and go to where I know the quality is. As an aside to this conversation; I meet with a provider who is new to this board this week. She stated that at first there was no one calling her because she was not a know quantity, but once she got her first review her phone just started blowing up. So, take that for what it is worth. Most of the experienced hobbiests IMHO are going to sit back and watch befor they leap in, at least I do. As far as how you choose to conduct you business is you choice  and who am I to agree or disagree with that. All I can tell you is how I view things from my side of the fence. ✌️

5 hours ago, Bella Marie said:

Ok ..

So apparently what I said earlier was inappropriate.... l am on the fence with reviews.... I have met great clients without so I guess I'll continue as I have been.... Thank you all for your advice👄 if someone from here sees me and wants to write one I can't stop you😏

46 minutes ago, Bella Marie said:

So apparently what I said earlier was inappropriate.... l am on the fence with reviews.... I have met great clients without so I guess I'll continue as I have been.... Thank you all for your advice👄 if someone from here sees me and wants to write one I can't stop you😏

No. You can have the mods set it up to where reviews are not allowed on your profile. At least that is my understanding. Also, if you have asked clients to not review you and they do I would consider that a breach of decorum; and a person who doesn't respect your wishes is an asshole! Which is a whole other can of worms you'll have to make a call on. I wish you well sweet lady.

I just don't want people to think I'm trying to "hide" behind not feeling comfortable with everything I do out there. Each client is different and I provide different "specialties" or "requests"  per clients. There are some limits of course, but I'm on minded on play....

It's fine, this is your life and your business, Bella Marie.  One of my all time favorites was (and remains) totally under the radar: No P411, no reviews, just some very alluring ads.  I had to do some research, but I checked the archives and about five guys over the years had asked "is ******* legitimate" and quite a few responses came in similar to "she doesn't want reviews, so I don't want to make her mad, but I can say that she is legit, and great too..."  That was good enough for me, and I jumped in, and never regretted it one little bit.  She has enough regulars now that she doesn't even need to run ads, although one will pop up for a day or so every now and then just to let us regulars know she is around and taking appointments.  Works great for her, so that could be your model as well.

40 minutes ago, Badboy said:

It's fine, this is your life and your business, Bella Marie.  One of my all time favorites was (and remains) totally under the radar: No P411, no reviews, just some very alluring ads.  I had to do some research, but I checked the archives and about five guys over the years had asked "is ******* legitimate" and quite a few responses came in similar to "she doesn't want reviews, so I don't want to make her mad, but I can say that she is legit, and great too..."  That was good enough for me, and I jumped in, and never regretted it one little bit.  She has enough regulars now that she doesn't even need to run ads, although one will pop up for a day or so every now and then just to let us regulars know she is around and taking appointments.  Works great for her, so that could be your model as well.

I wonder if we know the same person? Sounds like my ATF I've been seeing for close to 5 years. Hmm? And you are right about this model being used for the person you mention in your thread. I know it works great for her and that is how she likes it. So, there is more then one way to skin a cat in this biz. So, Bella you rock it how you want it.

Thank you everyone for your advice and experience.... I love what I provide🍾🕯 to my clientele... I pride myself on providing whatever fantasies my 🍒🍌clientele want🍒🍌💦😚

Edited by Bella Marie

18 hours ago, Bella Marie said:

If you ask someone not to review, he should defer and honor your wishes.  

On 12/21/2016 at 4:21 PM, MAG said:

(Sarcasm font on). She wasn't arguing. She was just explaining why she is right.