Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jez UaBriain

Gifting........

12 posts in this topic

This has been covered here several times if not many, but, here we go again.

Gifting a provider or client can be tough. Especially for the provider gifting one of her favorite clients. The gentlemen who are married are difficult to buy for because it has to be kept from the SO. There are the usual gift cards, but that is so easy and not real original. I ‘d like to hear from those who have a steady relationship. What kind of gift would YOU like to receive? That will not cause alarm? What kind of gift would any of us like to receive but have never? Any monetary range is up to the gifter.

I know I think a gift of a Triple A membership would be well received. Especially for those who drive older vehicles. Or if you know a history buff, how about a ticket to an exhibit at the museum with the gifter? Ever wanted to learn to play an instrument? Swallow Hill has some great core lessons in a wide range of musical instruments.

I’d love to get feedback on gifts you have given or received.

I went to an appointment on my way out of town heading to elk camp for a week. At the end of my time she presented me with a half a dozen homemade breakfast burritos. What a great, thoughtful,  personal gift. I appreciated  her every morning of the season.

In the past I would  bake also do some  craft projects like making decrotive soap lotion, candles, candy. Things of this nature. Simple home made items to give that come from the heart. I also put reiki in whatever I make and bless it.Before I give it to whom ever I made it for. 

Just works for me! ;)

5 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

In the past I would  bake also do some  craft projects like making decrotive soap lotion, candles, candy. Things of this nature. Simple home made items to give that come from the heart. I also put reiki in whatever I make and bless it.Before I give it to whom ever I made it for. 

Just works for me! ;)

Here's the thing on gifts. Make it something he might buy himself, it's more discreet.  For example,  I have a client who loves to cook. For his birthday I got him some high quality olive oil. Keep it simple, practical yet personal and he will enjoy it. All else fails, cook him a meal, take him out or buy a gift card. Though impersonal,  a gift card could be from "co-workers"  whereas a teddy bear with a heart may cause an SO to shoot laser beams from her eyes. The teddy gets destroyed, the guys flesh is incinerated, it's a whole messy thing. Avoid it!

55 minutes ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Here's the thing on gifts. Make it something he might buy himself, it's more discreet.  For example,  I have a client who loves to cook. For his birthday I got him some high quality olive oil. Keep it simple, practical yet personal and he will enjoy it. All else fails, cook him a meal, take him out or buy a gift card. Though impersonal,  a gift card could be from "co-workers"  whereas a teddy bear with a heart may cause an SO to shoot laser beams from her eyes. The teddy gets destroyed, the guys flesh is incinerated, it's a whole messy thing. Avoid it!

vermont teddy bears ftw.....

This is a great post! I'm so curious to see what other gents have found to be memorable and discrete. I've gifted many things over the years to some of my favorite friends. I think the most joyous was a can of whip cream for his birthday. While the whip cream wasn't a forever keeper, the memory of his excitement was priceless for both of us. I've also sent a luxury package of chocolates from my favorite chocolatier to someone's office (with their permission of course), with the card thanking them for their hard work from a fully satisfied customer/client by the name of Veronica Jones ;) 

Being discreet is where it's tricky. I've a preference for memories over things. Cook me a dinner, maybe some wine, and that's a wonderful gift. I'm not attached, so bringing home something like some banana bread, or a batch of brownies wouldn't be an issue, but I can see where involved guys would be complicated. Maybe a nice shirt in a color you find flatters him, or movie/ballgame tickets he 'won' at work. If he's not going to have a problem walking around town with you, maybe attend the movie or game with him while having a hotel nearby booked already. 

One of my favorite gifts is just some casual friend time, cook dinner, go out for drinks, or just visit without having sex. I know to some providers it's all strictly business, but my favorites are those of you who can make an exception with a genuine real guy, who maybe in another time, another universe, you might actually be involved with.......so to speak. I like helping out my special girls too, you know, FWB mutual looking out. What's wrong with that?

These are all great ideas. The appreciation/regard from both clients and providers is truly heart warming. Love being a part of the community. Thank you!!