Two new STDS I didn't know existed

20 posts in this topic

Breaking news: The rhinopharygnitis may be transmitted during sexual intercourse.

Yes, folks, you can catch the common cold during sexual intercourse, as with a host of other common conditions. Some like mononucleosis ( called 'the kissing disease' in my youth) can be quite serious. 

I call FUD!

While a zika infection may have serious complications for a fetus, many people will not even know that they have been infected. The second link referring to RRP describes a possible complication of HPV infection. 

Lots of things can be transmitted multiple ways, including sexually. Let's take herpes (HSV2) for example. It's transmitted through skin to skin contact. That's something that certainly occurs during sex. But sex isn't required for that to happen. It'll forever be labeled an STD though. A common cold, influenza, and TB can also be transmitted during sex, and also don't require sex (or sexual contact) for transmission. They'll never be labeled STD though. So the STD label is nebulous, fitting whatever moral definition of disease or virus is popular. Personally, I'd like to see much less stigmatizing of sex, and any associated condition, so people would be more willing to seek tests and treatment. 

35 minutes ago, Buddy Glass said:

... Personally, I'd like to see much less stigmatizing of sex, and any associated condition, so people would be more willing to seek tests and treatment. 

+1

Just a generation or so ago cancer was a disease hidden in the shadows of society. Many died because they failed to seek medical attention, fearing the stigma of their condition.  

1 hour ago, Buddy Glass said:

Lots of things can be transmitted multiple ways, including sexually. Let's take herpes (HSV2) for example. It's transmitted through skin to skin contact. That's something that certainly occurs during sex. But sex isn't required for that to happen. It'll forever be labeled an STD though. A common cold, influenza, and TB can also be transmitted during sex, and also don't require sex (or sexual contact) for transmission. They'll never be labeled STD though. So the STD label is nebulous, fitting whatever moral definition of disease or virus is popular. Personally, I'd like to see much less stigmatizing of sex, and any associated condition, so people would be more willing to seek tests and treatment. 

I read just the other day that there are multiple orgasms that can be transmitted through sex. :D

For those following the  Zika virus story.  It appears to be another infection crawling out of the tropical jungles. This time borne by a particular mosquito who hosts a collection of other nasty diseases. Part of the referenced article addresses the real incidence of infection & complication rates and the disproportionate fear.

The article also suggests the need to eradicate the mosquito. Where are the EPA and conservation groups with their cries for endangered species status?  Folks talk about the role of wolves in balancing the ecosystem. Is not the mosquito doing a similar job, reducing the most significant pollutant contributing to anthropomorphic climate change - humans?

I also have difficulty understanding how with only one(1) case they can confirm that it was transmitted sexually. Why was it sex, and not other contact between the individuals involved, which transmitted the disease?  Possible? Sure, many blood borne viruses cross to other body fluids (saliva, semen, etc.). Protection is advised.  I see us heading down the path to the sexual scene of Demolition Man, a Stallone movie.

{after futuristic, contact-free "sex"}

John Spartan: Look, Huxley, why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way? 

Lenina Huxley: {stands up, shocked} Eeewww, disgusting! You mean... *fluid transfer*?

One reason main blowjobs are awesome you can control where the semen goes. If your using condoms during intercourse Kissing every client is not the smartest thing in world just my opinion this is great way to sick on a regular basis. Our bodies are not ment to be on antibiotics all the time. 

I have really bad Asthma. I get treatment for it at Jewish. I did ask about HPV respiratory stains 6 and 11. I was told they have seen more cases of it. But it's seems to be fairly rare. 

On 2/2/2016 at 4:17 PM, Bit Banger said:

Breaking news: The rhinopharygnitis may be transmitted during sexual intercourse.

Yes, folks, you can catch the common cold during sexual intercourse, as with a host of other common conditions. Some like mononucleosis ( called 'the kissing disease' in my youth) can be quite serious. 

I call FUD!

While a zika infection may have serious complications for a fetus, many people will not even know that they have been infected. The second link referring to RRP describes a possible complication of HPV infection. 

I am sure West Nile, Mersa and bird flu will kill us before Zika can. Best to just stay home and hermetically seal your house and allow no guests! (sarcasm font off)

3 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

The article also suggests the need to eradicate the mosquito. Where are the EPA and conservation groups with their cries for endangered species status?  Folks talk about the role of wolves in balancing the ecosystem. Is not the mosquito doing a similar job, reducing the most significant pollutant contributing to anthropomorphic climate change - humans?

These mosquitoes are coming from South and Central America. They're here illegally. Until we can figure out what the hell is going on, no more mosquitoes can come in. We need to round up the ones that are here and get rid of them. Only the good ones can stay. We need to build a wall and have Brazil pay for it.

3 hours ago, Raoul said:

These mosquitoes are coming from South and Central America. They're here illegally. Until we can figure out what the hell is going on, no more mosquitoes can come in. We need to round up the ones that are here and get rid of them. Only the good ones can stay. We need to build a wall and have Brazil pay for it.

Lol

9 hours ago, Raoul said:

[Donald Trump font on/

We need to build a ginormous mosquito net along our southern border.

/Donald trump font off] 

9 hours ago, boink36 said:

[Donald Trump font on/

We need to build a ginormous mosquito net along our southern border.

/Donald trump font off] 

I had Chikungunya while living in Central America. It was bad...but the effects faded away over three months. I'm still doubtful Zika can be spread sexually...but even so, unless you are planning on being pregnant it's not a big deal. You'd feel like someone hit all your joints with a hammer for a day or two with a fever and weak. Then you'd recover...but I couldn't open jars etc for a few weeks due to joint pain. Just about everyone there caught it from the mosquitos even though they fumigated frequently. I'm not overly concerned having already experienced Chikungunya.

16 hours ago, abigailfox said:

I had Chikungunya while living in Central America. It was bad...but the effects faded away over three months. I'm still doubtful Zika can be spread sexually...but even so, unless you are planning on being pregnant it's not a big deal. You'd feel like someone hit all your joints with a hammer for a day or two with a fever and weak. Then you'd recover...but I couldn't open jars etc for a few weeks due to joint pain. Just about everyone there caught it from the mosquitos even though they fumigated frequently. I'm not overly concerned having already experienced Chikungunya.

Chikungunya

That sounds like a terrible vacation.

OH NOES!  What few of us Americans who are left that managed to survive the great Ebola outbreak a few years ago will surely perish from Zika this time.

On February 4, 2016 at 7:55 AM, Nikki Holiday said:

One reason main blowjobs are awesome you can control where the semen goes. If your using condoms during intercourse Kissing every client is not the smartest thing in world just my opinion this is great way to sick on a regular basis. Our bodies are not ment to be on antibiotics all the time. 

;) I think semen all in the face, eyes, and mouth can also make you sick...or even cause death. :eek:

At least that's what medical professionals will say. 

Why to speak about virus ? Let's go just to enjoy and to have fun in this plaxce !

Buddy glass, not a vacation...I lived there. Hablo espanol ;)

Edited by abigailfox

Mabye  I'm just one of the lucky ones.  I have  done bbbjnqns more times than I care to mention, and I rarely get sick. I smooch (usually prior to my blow jay jays) and same thing. I'm a very healthy lady.  I've been in and out of the hobby for years (I'm a pro at retiring) and I have never tested positive for any coodies, and the only time I get a cold or something  along those lines, [Snip} I always examine the area before I put my mouth anywhere,  but I also very rarely see new people.  I get a group of like 5-6 men (not all at once... to adhd for that) and they become my regulars  and I don't typically go outside of them, so I know what I'm "dealing with" lol.