I need a couple of opinions on....

24 posts in this topic

Blocked calls and email-only appt. requests.  I have received more of these lately than I usually do, and I'm wondering if...

1. Any providers allow these guys to just schedule,either with no info provided or maybe with references or other supplemental info.  I used to simply ignore blocked calls, but now I've decided to answer them and simply say I need them to un block and call back unless they have p411 or ANYTHING that gives me ANY sense of ease. Most will never contact me further,  but a few have and apologized for the faux pas.

2. Some of these folks calling me with zero info insist that I'm the one who is being too nosy and that they see girls regularly who just have zero idea who they are, and that there are lots of "drama free " providers who just see guys who want 100% anonymity. I say that is definitely not good enough for me to let them know where I live or anything else that makes me vulnerable with zero recourse. Does ANYBODY here feel that 100% full anonymity is acceptable on the hobbyists part? I smell bullshit but thought I'd ask yall anyhow out of curiosity. Does this actually work for anybody? 

3) I will always do the least invasive method of screening that I must. Often, I am able to find something that makes me comfortable enough with only the number of the inquirer.  As I AM pretty darn good at requesting the least info and NOT putting a man through an arduous screening protocol, I ask in my ads that I not be contacted from ONLY email or ONLY a blocked number.  As such, I feel like them going ahead and doing that anyway pretty much tells me "your wishes are of no importance" and I take it as a blatant refusal to screen even minimally and therefore a threat to my safety if i let someone touch me with no accountability at all. Even If they did shoot me a p411, I still don't like the idea that it makes me unable to even ask wtf by a text if they ncns me.  

So, is there ANYONE here on either side on the coin who feels that I am NOT entitled to at least a scrap of info so i know where to start if things were to take an actual bad turn at my expense?  As the last guy I spoke with so eloquently put it, am I being "too pushy to deal with when others are easier," "not reasonable " and "easily offended" by Expecting someone who wants to f me in my own house, to not have the power to hurt me and slither away completely untraceable? I understand that guys worry about crazy ass types who can out them, but my gut tells me I am right to just tell those overly sneaky types to get bent. Any rebuttals to any of this from either side? I do like to not bust balls unless they are busting mine first...

I think you are only being prudent and safe. If the client is insisting on calling from a blocked # or only be contacted by email, it would seem they have something to hide. On the other hand I've had providers ask for references or okays from p411, yet when I checked with the references, they stated they were never contacted by that provider. This includes gals from p411. In fact some providers on p411 just asked if I was a member and never really tracked my okays or contacted them, and it was fine for me to just see them. So IMHO, there is nothing you are doing wrong. I'd prefer a provider be on the safe side and check my references. In a way, that makes me feel more secure in that I know she doesn't just let anyone visit her.

I don't prefer to use references myself if in don't really feel the need to.  All it really is to me is more work on my part because someone feels they don't have the same duty as others to belong to at least ONE hobby site like most people who are not a problem for my already accommodating nature. I have to pay to even advertise at all, and while I don't like it, it's just a part of the deal and the rules apply to me just the same. It's definitely seen as a blatant diss that someone refuses even the minimal effort to make a Google number and ignore my procedure from step 1. Like, do you even plot, bro?  

I don't answer blocked calls.  Too many times, it turns out to be someone I was avoiding - so I simply set my phone to 'dump' blocked calls.

I very rarely require any specific info from my visitors.  Unless it is an out-call, in that case I do request the address / room # up front and I always text that information to my mother. "Hi Mom.  I'm going to visit the Brown Palace Room 308 at 9pm.  I will text you when I am on my way back home."  

Occasionally, I will google a number to see if anything strange pops up but that's only when I get weird vibes from the guy.  And there have been a instances where I have chosen to go with my gut feeling and declined to set an appointment.   I will sometimes ask the caller to verify where he found my information (which site specifically) when he asks obvious questions that are clearly answered in my ad (Rates, general location, etc.)  But for the most part, I use common sense and don't over-think things.  I've never called another provider seeking a reference in the 10 years I have been in this business.  I simply don't see the logic in reaching out to a stranger to verify or vouch for another stranger.  It seems silly to me.  However,I will gladly give references to those who request them from me.  

I've never checked a p411 profile - I have met a few members of LE who claim to have 411 accounts however.  At the end of the day, those men are the same as the other men I see and " take their pants off one leg at a time."   I've never been hurt, robbed, arrested, etc. and feel it is up to the individual provider to operate her business the way she is comfortable doing so.  My way works for me and has kept me out of harms way thus far.  I don't judge the screening methods of other ladies - again, its their business; their bodies; their life and they should conduct themselves and their business whichever way they are comfortable doing so. 

Edited by Danielle Rae
typos

I certainly don't fault any screening method you use. I look at it this way:

If I want to do business with you, I should be willing to do what you ask. If I'm uncomfortable with what you ask, I can look elsewhere. Pretty simple 

It is stupid, rude, and pointless, to criticize you, or any business owner, about the way you do business. ;)

I think anyone hiding behind complete anonymity when dealing with a well reviewed provider either has something to hide (previous blacklist) or is too paranoid to be in the hobby.  For your own safety the client should at least provide the minimum to make you feel comfortable.  Just my two cents. 

Edited by Riggo

My rule is if I can't call them back I don't answer the call. Being safe isn't busting balls. If someone makes you uncomfortable at the point of contact don't see them. Intuition should always rule.

Even If they did shoot me a p411, I still don't like the idea that it makes me unable to even ask wtf by a text if they ncns me.  

I always thought P411 had a way to deal with this? If a guy is ncns on an appt booked through the service, doesn't that get reported somewhere?

I've never checked a p411 profile - ...

If used properly P411 profiles contain many personal hints for how to turn AVERAGE into VERY GOOD, or even FANTASTIC.

I can understand not answering blocked calls, but having his phone number does little good if he's using a proper hobby phone (burner?). 

I certainly don't fault any screening method you use. I look at it this way:

If I want to do business with you, I should be willing to do what you ask. If I'm uncomfortable with what you ask, I can look elsewhere. Pretty simple 

It is stupid, rude, and pointless, to criticize you, or any business owner, about the way you do business. ;)

I'm with pFunk on this one, its your safety and your choice to how you do business. That includes screening, rules, and anything else that makes you feel comfortable and safe. If I as a hobbyist don't like it, that is my problem not yours. And frankly someone who takes to criticizing you for their issues isn't worth your time and should find a new hobby.

You can say that again lol! I have seriously gotten nothing in 10 calls but arguing, asking for unsafe stuff, refusal to screen, and people who just don't read any of the info. I'm about to scream for all the people who cant seem to show basic respect but help themselves to my time and energy regardless...then tell me that I'm no fun. 

can we stop beating him now?  Screen how and the way makes sense to you and makes you feel safe and stick to it.

ghost_horse_by_banhatin-d65n54d.jpg

Cool horse!  I want one.  Where is the dead horse dealership around here?

Brandy, IMHO, your screening procedures are just fine.  There just seems to be an unusual number of assholes coming out of the woodwork, lately. No matter what providers put in place, there will be a way around it.

Bottom line, providers should be able to screen however they wish, with no complaints or insults from clients.  Clients should be able to define the level of scrutiny they are comfortable with, without complaint or insult from providers.  Both clients and providers need to be able to say no and ACCEPT a no.  

This means some guys may not be able to see some of the providers they want to see. Too bad.  So sad.

This means some providers may send business to other providers who screen less intrusively.  Too bad, so Sad.  Though, from what I hear, there is always another guy on the line, so this will not have as much of an effect on the providers.

Here is problem with asking about services aka "unsafe practices" or services. 

Truth be told:

We have providers who allow it. 

We have providers who don't allow it.

Then we have providers who only allow it after screening the guy. 

There are providers who will blacklist your ass for asking these questions. 

My thought on this is: Providers complain about the guys asking for bareback services. We need to really think about this one, because we now have several girls who advertise daily for bareback as a regular service (its her choice). Its becoming more of a common service. What one provider allows another one won't. 

Brandy, IMHO, your screening procedures are just fine.  There just seems to be an unusual number of assholes coming out of the woodwork, lately. No matter what providers put in place, there will be a way around it.

Im not referring to B_randy when I say this. There are providers in Denver who make up this shit, just so they can have your information and fuck you for fun and blackmail you for money. 

Or in the event someone actually did get hurt and they want recourse and that I understand..  

Though, from what I hear, there is always another guy on the line, so this will not have as much of an effect on the providers.

So true. Next guy in line. So simple post up phone rings and the new guy is on his way! easy as 1-2-3

Edited by Nikki Holiday

Here is problem with asking about services aka "unsafe practices" or services. 

Truth be told:

We have providers who allow it. 

We have providers who don't allow it.

Then we have providers who only allow it after screening the guy. 

There are providers who will blacklist your ass for asking these questions. 

My thought on this is: Providers complain about the guys asking for bareback services. We need to really think about this one, because we now have several girls who advertise daily for bareback as a regular service (its her choice). Its becoming more of a common service. What one provider allows another one won't. 

My opinion......if I were a provider. I would screen clients based on the providers they have seen.  If they have seen a provider who offers BBFS, I would tell them no.  If I know a provider offers this, or see guys who also frequent the BBFS providers, I will avoid them.

I always thought P411 had a way to deal with this? If a guy is ncns on an appt booked through the service, doesn't that get reported somewhere?

it only gets reported if she tells p411 he ditched her.

Blocked calls and email-only appt. requests.  I have received more of these lately than I usually do, and I'm wondering if...

1. Any providers allow these guys to just schedule,either with no info provided or maybe with references or other supplemental info.  I used to simply ignore blocked calls, but now I've decided to answer them and simply say I need them to un block and call back unless they have p411 or ANYTHING that gives me ANY sense of ease. Most will never contact me further,  but a few have and apologized for the faux pas.

2. Some of these folks calling me with zero info insist that I'm the one who is being too nosy and that they see girls regularly who just have zero idea who they are, and that there are lots of "drama free " providers who just see guys who want 100% anonymity. I say that is definitely not good enough for me to let them know where I live or anything else that makes me vulnerable with zero recourse. Does ANYBODY here feel that 100% full anonymity is acceptable on the hobbyists part? I smell bullshit but thought I'd ask yall anyhow out of curiosity. Does this actually work for anybody? 

3) I will always do the least invasive method of screening that I must. Often, I am able to find something that makes me comfortable enough with only the number of the inquirer.  As I AM pretty darn good at requesting the least info and NOT putting a man through an arduous screening protocol, I ask in my ads that I not be contacted from ONLY email or ONLY a blocked number.  As such, I feel like them going ahead and doing that anyway pretty much tells me "your wishes are of no importance" and I take it as a blatant refusal to screen even minimally and therefore a threat to my safety if i let someone touch me with no accountability at all. Even If they did shoot me a p411, I still don't like the idea that it makes me unable to even ask wtf by a text if they ncns me.  

So, is there ANYONE here on either side on the coin who feels that I am NOT entitled to at least a scrap of info so i know where to start if things were to take an actual bad turn at my expense?  As the last guy I spoke with so eloquently put it, am I being "too pushy to deal with when others are easier," "not reasonable " and "easily offended" by Expecting someone who wants to f me in my own house, to not have the power to hurt me and slither away completely untraceable? I understand that guys worry about crazy ass types who can out them, but my gut tells me I am right to just tell those overly sneaky types to get bent. Any rebuttals to any of this from either side? I do like to not bust balls unless they are busting mine first...

You obviously need a point of reference to see someone. There are providers who are very newbie friendly, so maybe refer these guys to them? 

I can be 100% anonymous while still providing you with a point of reference for the sort of client I am. You can check out my p411 profile and see who's ok'd me (and decide if you trust those opinions), or you can call others I've seen and just ask them. With how easy it is to get a phone ap/burner phone, a blocked number is a really, really weird approach. 

Keep doing what you need to do to keep yourself safe. That's all that should matter. If a potential client really wants to make a connection, he'll unblock his number and play by the rules that you have requested and established for yourself. 

The screening process goes both ways. If the provider is screening its her decision to decide what risk she is willing to take. 

The client hopefully is screening provider he wishes to spend his time and money on. During his research, and one of the questions the clients need to ask himself is, 

"Does this provider have a history of outing clients?"

"Does this provider have a history of outing other providers?"

"Does this provider have history of outing both clients and providers?"

Fact: Providers use fakes names. Providers use hobby phones. Providers use hobby emails. Providers advertise with fake info. 

Just saying.  

Edited by Nikki Holiday

If used properly P411 profiles contain many personal hints for how to turn AVERAGE into VERY GOOD, or even FANTASTIC.

I can understand not answering blocked calls, but having his phone number does little good if he's using a proper hobby phone (burner?). 

It's not about having a phone number to store it's about having two way contact. How am I supposed to contact the guy last minute if something goes wrong?

The screening process goes both ways. If the provider is screening its her decision to decide what risk she is willing to take. 

The client hopefully is screening provider he wishes to spend his time and money on. During his research, and one of the questions the clients need to ask himself is, 

"Does this provider have a history of outing clients?"

"Does this provider have a history of outing other providers?"

"Does this provider have history of outing both clients and providers?"

Fact: Providers use fakes names. Providers use hobby phones. Providers use hobby emails. Providers advertise with fake info. 

Just saying.  

True.. It goes both ways.

It's not about having a phone number to store it's about having two way contact. How am I supposed to contact the guy last minute if something goes wrong?

Good point, Lucy!