Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mustang87

Interesting Situation

16 posts in this topic

This past weekend I scheduled an appointment via text with a well reviewed lady in this area. I told her I was interested in Monday morning. She asked what time. I replied 10 and she said OK. I asked what part of town she was in, and she replied with her complete address, a house in a good neighborhood. I thought it was a little out of the ordinary to give me the full address with not having even spoken yet. On Monday morning at 10 minutes to 10 I sent her a text that I was on my way. No reply. I arrived at 10 and called and left a vm that I had arrived, I also sent a text. Ten minutes later, I called again, no answer. I sent a text that I was leaving and hoped to see her in the future. She called 20 minutes later saying she was waiting for me to arrive. She considered that having set the time and given me the address via text should have cleared me to knock on the door. I told her that I never just walk up to the door without letting her know I was there and getting the OK to approach, especially with someone I've never met. She was nothing but professional, apologetic and nice throughout the entire conversation. She asked if I could come back that day. We set an appointment for later that day, and I had a great time. (yes, a review will be posted).

My question for the guys is, would you have gone up to the door, or would you have done what I did? Ladies, would you give your address to someone new via text the day before and assume no further communication is required until the doorbell rings?

She was probably getting ready. But I agree, meeting a total stranger does require clear communication. Unless you know this person I would not just knock on the door, unless it was explicitly stated.

I probably would have done what you did, b/c 99% of the time, ladies prefer a call upon arrival. She must have felt very comfortable with you....or had some sort of reference that you were on the level, if she gave you that much info and clearance to proceed in.

I have never been in that situation but I probably would have done exactly what you did.

Whenever I pre book I always like to make sure that the lady knows I'll be calling the morning of the appointment. I probably would have called when I got there unless it was already someone I knew in which case I would just walk up to the door. For someone I didn't know after having called and getting no answer I would have gone up to the door; technologies do fail.

Although not common I have been given an address every now and then at time of booking.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

Edited by Crazy Horse
spelling

I probably would have tried to make contact a little sooner then you but other then that I would have proceeded like you did.

... For someone I didn't know after having called and getting no answer I would have gone up to the door; technologies do fail.

She gave you the address - she's expecting you!

It's not like you're an unknown individual around here.

(Unless the two of you explicitly agreed to the check-in system you followed.)

No answer to a polite knock on the door, perhaps a 2nd knock, then I'm gone.

That being said, I probably would have outlined my usual procedure ("I'll call you in the morning, and again upon arrival.") when making arrangements the day before.

She may be expecting me, but I will call anyway to let her know that's me sitting in the strange car.

I think it's just the polite thing to do. Now, If she had responded to the ten minute "I'm coming" call, and said just come on up to the door, that would be a different situation and I would proceed right to the door.

Once screening is cleared, and a time is agreed upon, I provide the address, with instructions to call upon arrival. It sounds like it was just missed communication, it's great that is all worked out well though.:D

sounds like it was just missed communication, it's great that is all worked out well though.:D

I agree! If someone gives me an address, and doesn't ask me to call, I'm probably going to knock on the door (or ring the bell), at the appointed time.

I always follow whatever directions are given, unless none are given. :)

I understand your apprehension. I am so anal about going to the wrong place that I always call them on my arrival and ask them to please be sure that is my vehicle they see outside. No, I think you were on the right track there. On the morning of a scheduled visit I try to touch base with my clients and make sure we are still meeting. I hate embarrassing situations, and I assume we all pretty much feel this way.

I had the exact same thing happen to me, and I did as you did. If she had told me to just come up to the door, I would have. Since she didn't, I didn't. Better safe than sorry.

I would have knocked since she gave her address. No-shows are very upsetting and I would have thought wtf there was no reason not to give a few knocks before I drove off. You had to reschedule and drive back and forth one more time. Glad it worked out for you in the end.

Had the same thing happen to me and I left - turns out she was in the tub - easy reschedule and we laughed as she told me to come on up that time...

Now, I always ask what the pregame ritual is - every time - without fail - to avoid this - do I call - do I come in - do I text when close and then in parking lot/driveway - get it all squared away pre-game...

My only hang up is in apartments and neighborhoods there can be wandering eyes - and without instructions to come up I get worried as I stand on a strange doorstep that I'm being watched - I really like the seamless entry to fun time...

Eh, I have done as she has. Once you pass screening, no real need to dick around regarding details....a call is considerate....not necessary as I am already expecting you ;)

If you get the full address consider it a go.... :)