Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sprgs37

CS Busts

20 posts in this topic

LE ran a sting yesterday using backpage to catch johns in CS. Be careful out there.

Just so everyone is aware, doing stings is their job and it happens on an extremely regular basis. Every week, one county or another is doing something.

So it's really not newsworthy to say "there was a sting in JeffCo last night"... because there is a sting in JeffCo/DenCo/ArapCo/etc every few weeks. The only time it really beomes SLIGHTLY more interesting is if they target more than the lowest hanging fruit (BP).... and even then, it's only slightly more interesting.

Be safe out there, but please don't kid yourself about the risks. They are very real. :(

It may not be newsworthy, but it's helpful. First as a reminder for everyone to be careful, and second as an indicator of how often and where these things happen. Not all cities devote the same amount of wasted taxpayer money on this endeavor, and it's helpful to know where it happens.

Still, some additional info would be nice if it's out there.

Well, as far as additional info.... they set up a hotel room or two, and then called up a bunch of girls advertising on BP or where ever. Whoever showed up got a ticket to appear in court or booked into jail until bond was posted.

Same story, in every city of any size, in every state, every few weeks.

I'm not trying to make light of it, but it's commonplace and not a valid reason for everyone to go running around screaming their heads off... which does tend to happen in the community. It's not happening in this case (at least not as far as I can see), but that's the usual reaction, and totally unnecessary imo.

LE ran a sting yesterday using backpage to catch johns in CS. Be careful out there.

Well, as far as additional info.... and then called up a bunch of girls advertising on BP .

So assuming LE actually did anything .... which was it? Johns or ladies? It is useful information if it has even a smidgen of detail and IF it is not just random rumor.

I'm sure the people of The Springs all feel much safer. :rolleyes:

Ha! Or at least more "Focused on Their Families".

Well, as far as additional info.... they set up a hotel room or two, and then called up a bunch of girls...

The OP said they were targeting Johns. The useful information would be links to the ads (if they are still up).

The OP said they were targeting Johns. The useful information would be links to the ads (if they are still up).

I totally missed that... my mistake.

Ha! Or at least more "Focused on Their Families".

Yeah, right. I'm sure those focus on the family guys fuel a whole lot of business for the ladies. God damn hypocrites.

There was a bust of a john in Loveland yesterday. Not much detail in the paper other than LE advertised somewhere for a mother/daughter combo. The guy emailed with the "underage daughter" and went to the incall where he was busted for soliciting a minor.

It's called the Darwin Effect.

5 guys were arrested in Rapid City the other day.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/five-charged-with-hiring-for-sex/article_75685df8-8a9b-5ca7-86ed-6a2ca63793bc.html

On the other side of the state, the hotels are working with the police. Identifying suspicious activity. And the PD set up their own ads to bust guys.

Everyone needs to take precaution to protect themselves.

It's called the Darwin Effect.

Yep.

Add several years to the sentence for mind-numbing stupidity:eek:

Thinking back, I escaped what might have been a sting in the DTC area several years ago.

I arrived at a hotel and called the provider for final room info. I was going up the side entrance when I happened to see an attractive woman at the front check-in desk talking on the phone and looking at me. I thought that was odd. Was I talking to someone in the room -- or was this woman talking to me? Instead of walking to the room, I walked up to the front desk. We traded glances without saying anything. Then, unexpectedly, I heard some dude behind the desk (whom I could not see) saying something like "we better change the stakeout room."

I got the hell out of there, of course. No proof that this was a sting -- but it scared the shit out of me and I've been very careful to assess the surroundings ever since.

Any more info like a link to an article or something? Just "hey they are doing stings" isn't very helpful. Just gets your antenna up and not much more. Mines always up anyway but would like to know more specifics. BP? AMP? Street busts? What?

Thinking back, I escaped what might have been a sting in the DTC area several years ago.

I arrived at a hotel and called the provider for final room info. I was going up the side entrance when I happened to see an attractive woman at the front check-in desk talking on the phone and looking at me. I thought that was odd. Was I talking to someone in the room -- or was this woman talking to me? Instead of walking to the room, I walked up to the front desk. We traded glances without saying anything. Then, unexpectedly, I heard some dude behind the desk (whom I could not see) saying something like "we better change the stakeout room."

I got the hell out of there, of course. No proof that this was a sting -- but it scared the shit out of me and I've been very careful to assess the surroundings ever since.

Great story. It sends chills.

Well, at the risk of stating the obvious, stings are a good reason to see only well-known established providers with a track record.

Yes, that means it might be hard for someone new to the business to get business, but hey...until this activity become either legal or decriminalized, we are all at some sort of risk.

Nothing on CSPD Blotter - this indicates one of two things...or both

1) They didn't find any trafficked women

2) Most people arrested were repeat offenders

CSPD only brags in its blotters and on the news when its something big or noteworthy - busting the same girls and dudes every month just makes it look like they are wasting their time... oh wait!