Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Year of The Bearded Man

13 posts in this topic

Seems like I've seen a lot of guys sporting beards this year. And I mean big bushy ones. Is this a new fashion statement or what?:confused:

Yes, the beard is coming back as the symbol of virility and manliness.

I've been seriously toying with the idea of growing some shrubbery myself. I just don't know if I would be perceived as ZZTOP (Good) or Duck Dynasty (Bad)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwuVATctNu_Xge_ZuX-tGBEfvEghEqqfOXJ6oZJ2m-N8bS4pjo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCWNmnAJ_5CEX06y3J2gPM5MpmQWCBK7jkFfNquVcI5scFripJc7vj7gOj

The well-trimmed beard is essentially a matter of convenience. I despise shaving, so I ride out any fashion trends and keep the beard no matter what. Does it make it more difficult to kiss these guys or DATY? But hey, that's not what you asked. I think in Colorado, beards have been "in" for a long time.

I've had beards off & on over the years. Shaved mine off for New Years this year. But the 'stash is older than most ladies in this industry. It will probably become worm food.

I've had a mostly-trimmed beard since 1993 and it's not going anywhere, especially with my sagging jowls :rolleyes:

The well-trimmed beard is essentially a matter of convenience. I despise shaving, so I ride out any fashion trends and keep the beard no matter what.

Exactly. Took two weeks off work in the 1980s after working a long string of exhausting hours. Was too tired to deal with shaving. Haven't shaved since ;-)

Check out Whisker Wars! These dudes are serious about facial hair!

Seems like I've seen a lot of guys sporting beards this year. And I mean big bushy ones. Is this a new fashion statement or what?:confused:

I'm thinking about shaving mine off. the gray in it makes me look old.:(

There has definitely been a resurgence in the wearing of beards of varying lengths. I have a beard fetish. LOL IMO, they make a hot guy even hotter & an average guy hot. I agree with previous posters that television shows have contributed heavily to this. Hipsters are doing it, religious guys are doing it, even rap artists are doing it. Bring on the beards!

tumblr_mten0rXSgZ1si6k1wo1_500.jpg

I do not mind if a man has a beard, however if it is not kept up it is not very attractive. Last year during the playoffs for baseball, a lot of the guys sported some nasty looking rats nests on their faces. As with everything, some guys can pull it off and are handsome devils, others not so much. I will say that if you like your beard, no matter what anyone else thinks, you should keep it.

Finally shaved off my moustache when it made my snorkel mask leak badly. Several women have said I now look younger, so it looks like the old 'stache won't return soon!

I had no idea it was a fad, until I saw tons of guys with a beards. Maybe it was the bad boys of the Boston Red Sox...and definitely Hollywood. It gives me a rough mountain man look. I keep it trimmed closely when I have one. The only issue is, it turns the providers neck and face red, and sometimes DATY is out. The thing becomes hot and itchy this time of year.

I've shaved it off now. The Avs are out of the play offs, and the play off beard is gone.