Smokeless

Avoiding attention at a hotel

100 posts in this topic

I walk in with two phones, my regular  phone in my pocket on silent, and my hobby phone in my hand. I have no short term memory and a little bit of dyslexia and have to look at that room number at least a half dozen times between my car and getting off the elevator. Don't tell me I'm the only guy who gives that number one last glance right before knocking? :wub::D

On 4/18/2022 at 4:17 AM, JoDoe27 said:

I guess. But if you have that much to lose why take the risk at all? 

Life is short and who doesn't want to do 2 chicks at the same time?

😅😂🤣😅😂🤣

Leona brought this old thread forward, interesting re-read.

I spend about 9 months a year living in hotels.  Ran into a couple last year that had a strong No Visitor policy and was told that they do monitor the security cams for violations. Even a co-worker staying at the same hotel was not allowed to visit.  I told them thanks but no thanks. Don't want Big Brother watching me.  They lost a two week stay from me and I went to another hotel that wasn't creeping on its guests.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

Leona brought this old thread forward, interesting re-read.

I spend about 9 months a year living in hotels.  Ran into a couple last year that had a strong No Visitor policy and was told that they do monitor the security cams for violations. Even a co-worker staying at the same hotel was not allowed to visit.  I told them thanks but no thanks. Don't want Big Brother watching me.  They lost a two week stay from me and I went to another hotel that wasn't creeping on its guests.

I’ve never heard of a no visitor policy. How strange. I wouldn’t stay at that hotel either.

Years ago I did visit a young lady at a hotel and she told me that when she checked in that day she was told by the desk clerk that anybody in the room was required to keep their shoes on and their feet on the floor. 😂😂

Edited by ilovewomen

10 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

… anybody in the room was required to keep their shoes on and their feet on the floor. 😂😂

That sounds like the old ‘two foot’ rule in the lounges of college dorms.

On 4/8/2014 at 10:23 AM, Smokeless said:

This might be an odd question for seasoned hobbyists and practitioners. How do you avoid attracting attention at a hotel.

If the provider is hosting, do you avoid multiple visitors? Do clients come straight to your room? Does the hotel care? Does it depend on the hotel? Am I asking trade secrets?

For clients hosting a provider, does she come straight to the room? How conservatively is she attired? Other things to do/avoid?

Thanks

I actually like this question a lot . It try to stay in big upscale hotels with convention centers usually in them . For when there is alot of people coming in and out you blend right in . I also do try to stay at hotels you don't need a key to come up for that also helps alot . Getting directions to the elevator and walking straight to it avoiding any contact with hotel staff. For when you walking around aimless hotel staff usually try to talk to you so they can direct you in the right direction . If I'm coming downstairs to meet you .I always meet on the second floor elevators away from staff and dress casual . 

Hope that helps 

Xoxo 

Molly 

I stroll through the lobby with a carry-on in tow and feign a convo on my phone.

It works like a charm!

(I've rendezvoused with My ATF 78x at high-end hotels and never had a problem!)

Never been approached; never been questioned; never encountered a furtive glance!

(And I always exit the hotel via the stairwell!)

So....caution and discretion are good practices, but has anyone actually ever been confronted by hotel staff or security?

Posted (edited)

On 4/8/2014 at 8:23 AM, Smokeless said:

This might be an odd question for seasoned hobbyists and practitioners. How do you avoid attracting attention at a hotel.

avoiding attention at the hotel doesnt start when walking into the hotel. it starts before getting out your vehicle in the parking lot area.
imo avoiding the wrong type of attention starts the second you drive onto the hotel property.

DO NOT drive onto the property while parking speaking with me on your car bluetooth surround sound. im giving you final directions to my room (directions to elevator etc) and my room number.
i dont want everyone to know what room im in.
we are conversing LOUDLY while on your car bluetooth surround sound.
we are not talking loud per se, but the car bluetooth is loud in general.
you are not the only one who can hear our communications. everyone else thats around can also hear. speaking on car bluetooth is not private to only you and i.
be aware of your surroundings, you never know who is near.

also, PARK CORRECTLY into the parking space, do not park crooked across the white parking space lines. ive seen folks get themselves busted by this one little mistake that could have been avoided.
parking across the lines taking up more than the one parking space draws attention to you. it causes hotel police security
to stop and check out your car. their excuse is your car is 'suspicious' and in some instances security will run your car plates/tags.
even if hotel security doesnt do anything to you or your car this time, trust me your car has been tagged and if its an area you frequent, they know who u are for next time.
bc you know if you walk out finished from appt and your vehicle is gone (towed) bc of your own F up, the first thing youre gonna do is blame the provider when she had nothing to do w/your faults.
so if you have something to lose and dont want your car towed or your privacy invaded i would recommend you respecting those white parking space lines and stay off of car bluetooth when on the hotel property.

Edited by Western ~P