Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest LoveTheHobby

New to the Board

23 posts in this topic

Gentlemen - - I just wanted to say thank you! I am new to the hobby, and for a few months now, this site has been my "go-to" for inside knowledge and tips. Today, I finally gave in and created a profile, in hopes of learning more and becoming a bigger part of the site.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the content here and I look forward to enjoying this hobby of ours even more in the future.

Last, any tips you have for a young man like myself (anything you would have appreciated knowing when you first became interested in the hobby) would be much appreciated!

Best,

GS

...Last, any tips you have for a young man like myself (anything you would have appreciated knowing when you first became interested in the hobby) would be much appreciated!
First off, welcome and enjoy the journey! Secondly, out of the chute, (my advice) is stick with well-reviewed ladies to begin with and craft from there what your likes are (young, mature, thin, ethnicity etc). Review when you can and have fun!

I wished when I started out that I knew there are rip-off artists out there in this biz. I haven't been ripped off in a long time, but I could have saved some cash along the way if I knew better. I agree, do your research and stick with reputable providers. You need to join P411 (not cheap but worth it), read the reviews here, and The Erotic Review is another good membership site. One trick I recently learned here is the Google Image lookup tool. You just paste the URL of the image in the search box and google finds matching pictures. It you see two providers with the same pic, uh... That is very helpful with backpage ads.

I would also advise telling the provider you're new to this. They'll know how to take care of you! Don't be nervous and don't worry, you'll have a blast.

Thanks Guys. Quick question - - when a provider asks for references (which I assume is a good thing) what do I need to give her? The names of previous providers? Am I suppose to ask for that stuff? Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks Guys. Quick question - - when a provider asks for references (which I assume is a good thing) what do I need to give her? The names of previous providers? Am I suppose to ask for that stuff? Any guidance is appreciated.

Each provider handles references differently so I think the best thing to do is after a session ask the provider that you want to use as a reference if and how she prefers to give out references.

Are you signed up with P411? After the session you can ask the lady to give you an OK and then it appears on your profile. I'm not sure how many OK's matter, but I am sure a couple would be a good start. I've gotten into the habit of always asking now, whereas I didn't in the past. You can make the request online on the providers web page after your session. I now ask before I leave if the lady will give me one. Sometimes I get them even without asking.

You don't need to give her anything. And why would asking for references be "a good thing"? Plenty of girls require no references.

Don't hand out personal info, unless you really just don't give a fuck (you're single, self-employed, no kids, no dependants, etc.)

You don't need to give her anything. And why would asking for references be "a good thing"? Plenty of girls require no references.

Don't hand out personal info, unless you really just don't give a fuck (you're single, self-employed, no kids, no dependants, etc.)

Word. I honestly feel the same way, but some of the smoking hot providers are asking for this...

my understanding is that references are useful to providers to help them ensure their own safety and avoid the truly psychotic as well as ICD-10 defined border-line personality types - in other words: douche bags

i don't know about the ho's that 2b runs with but 'reputable' ones rely on them as part of their screening process

my understanding is that references are useful to providers to help them ensure their own safety and avoid the truly psychotic as well as ICD-10 defined border-line personality types - in other words: douche bags

i don't know about the ho's that 2b runs with but 'reputable' ones rely on them as part of their screening process

Once in a while you find one of these personality types in a provider.:eek: when you do the guys personal information is used to ruinate his life.

Hobby name and hobby phone number. if they need more than that move on to the next name on the list.

Once in a while you find one of these personality types in a provider.:eek: when you do the guys personal information is used to ruinate his life.

Hobby name and hobby phone number. if they need more than that move on to the next name on the list.

And Having your life ruinated is much worse than merely having it ruined!

Boink, your advice (and 2bigs) on screening works great if you have established street creds. To newcomers like the OP, you get pretty discouraged after the first 20 or so 'nos.' Its a big, scary world out there. I found a very well regarded provider for my first "screening" and then used her references to build on. P411 works great for this as well.

I know that a lot you guys were hobbying long before the internet, when you had to fight your way through pimps and mobsters just to get a 15 minute bj in a dank hotel room, and you tend to look down on us newcomers who (I admit) have it pretty easy. But I think you've lost touch a bit with how difficult it is at the beginning.

It may be difficult at the beginning not having references, but that level of difficulty is a walk in the park on Sunday compared to the problems that can occur if you give out your personal information.

Follow the advice of 2Big and Boink. NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. Not ever, never.

If they require that info, walk. Even if you are single with nothing to lose, the damaging stuff they are capable of posting will follow you for ever.

You have absolutely no idea the shit you will encounter if you cross paths with a psyco provider.

Ruination,... I like that word.

Boink, your advice (and 2bigs) on screening works great if you have established street creds. To newcomers like the OP, you get pretty discouraged after the first 20 or so 'nos.' Its a big, scary world out there. I found a very well regarded provider for my first "screening" and then used her references to build on. P411 works great for this as well.

I know that a lot you guys were hobbying long before the internet, when you had to fight your way through pimps and mobsters just to get a 15 minute bj in a dank hotel room, and you tend to look down on us newcomers who (I admit) have it pretty easy. But I think you've lost touch a bit with how difficult it is at the beginning.

Why would I look down on people that I donate 40+ hours a week of my time to help?

I'm a little slow, so in years of this hobby I have only learned three things......

1: Being a moderator makes you a useless shit talker.

2: Being a review mod makes you a judgmental prick.

3: Giving out personal information is bad, really really bad.

I'm going to tell you about my real life friend (I will call him Dude) who was at work one morning. a disgruntled provider walked into the office

and started to make a scene. after getting fired dude decided to drive

home a tell his wife he had no job. when he got home dude found this same disgruntled provider talking to his wife.

You might give this information out to a hundred good providers but it

only takes one psychopath to ruin your life.

Sure it's hard at first but sooner or later one will see you. one will become

two and then three, before you know it you have reviews and references.

I'm going to tell you about my real life friend (I will call him Dude) who was at work one morning. a disgruntled provider walked into the office and started to make a scene. after getting fired dude decided to drive home a tell his wife he had no job. when he got home dude found this same disgruntled provider talking to his wife.

I'm thanking my lucky stars that, in 25 years of seeing girls, I've never experienced anything remotely similar to this. I've given out everything except my SS number. I guess I better buy a lottery ticket! :)

To the thread starter, LoveTheHobby, I wish you the best of luck. My tip: The dumbest questions are the ones you fail to ask.

This is completely untrue. I have never given personal info to anyone, and there are plenty of providers I've seen that do not require it. Any one of them would be considered very reputable.

I don't care how "smoking hot" the hooker is, she's not getting any info about me. If she says no, I move on to someone else.

Some of you " johns" act like you don't have a choice. Remember you can say no, also.

I don't care how "smoking hot" the hooker is, she's not getting any info about me. If she says no, I move on to someone else.

Some of you " johns" act like you don't have a choice. Remember you can say no, also.

Agree that Rosie Palm and her 5 sisters are always an option. But that's not why we're here, is it? As a newcomer, I simply could not find those elusive providers that will see you without references......and also give references to other ladies. And to date, not one hobbyist has posted a list of these providers, nor have any providers stepped forward claiming they don't need personal info. There seems to be a disconnect here....but I don't doubt you and others are telling the truth. Maybe 2big is right.....I'm just too stupid to be doing this.....

Based on research, TOB postings, and reviews, I trusted one provider with personal info, and it finally got me started. But boink is right.....because of that, there is a provider out there who could ruin my life if she wanted to. I really don't think she will, but sobering thoughts none the less.

But let's face it. Any provider with more than two brain cells to rub together could easily get enough info on any client to ruin them. Let's start with 50 bucks and a digital photo of your license plate. The technology today is such that anyone can be tracked anywhere by anyone.

When I started seeing providers in Denver about 10 years ago I never provided any personal information or references. It was never asked for. It has changed over the years but you can still find providers that can verify you without that information but you may not get to see your top 10 choices. Look for newby friendly providers.

This is completely untrue. I have never given personal info to anyone, and there are plenty of providers I've seen that do not require it. Any one of them would be considered very reputable.

I totally agree. I've been hobbying sucessfully for 5 years now, and I have never given any personal info, period. I don't belong to P411 either. I started with a "newbie friendly" provider...

Can someone post a link to a (legit) "smoking hot" working girl in the Denver area?

Can someone post a link to a (legit) "smoking hot" working girl in the Denver area?

I can post a half dozen or so without thinking much about it. The problem is that "smoking hot"......like beauty.....is in the eyes of the beholder. The ladies I find smoking hot....and they know who they are......would most likely not appeal to you.

And, I think everyone here is OK with that.

I'm a little slow, so in years of this hobby I have only learned three things......

1: Being a moderator makes you a useless shit talker.

2: Being a review mod makes you a judgmental prick.

actually Boink, even before you became a mod your posts were predominantly full of useless shit and sounded like they were coming from a prick.

icon10.gif

I totally agree. I've been hobbying sucessfully for 5 years now, and I have never given any personal info, period. I don't belong to P411 either. I started with a "newbie friendly" provider...

Bingo -- that's all you have to do. There are way too many options available in this "market" to take a chance on giving personal info. Too many scenarios where you can get burned:

1 - she might go "psycho" and out you for spite

2 - she might get busted and the information used by LE

3 - she might come knocking on your door for any number of reasons

4 - if you give enough information it could be used to steal your identity.

5 - she might fall for you, and then you'd have a stalker

Bingo -- that's all you have to do. There are way too many options available in this "market" to take a chance on giving personal info. Too many scenarios where you can get burned:

1 - she might go "psycho" and out you for spite

2 - she might get busted and the information used by LE

3 - she might come knocking on your door for any number of reasons

4 - if you give enough information it could be used to steal your identity.

5 - she might fall for you, and then you'd have a stalker

While I agree that items 1-4 are a concern....the vast majority of hobbyists, myself especially......do not need to worry about item 5. Lets try to keep it real.:rolleyes:

Edited by hgritstoo
speeling