Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Adelle Ashby

Lol, is it that easy?

17 posts in this topic

Last week I was playing poker and a older gentlemen approached me before the game at a local bar and whispered " are you a working girl? " lol.... I joked about it, but apparently because I wear dresses or dress nicely when I am there 98% of the time it caused speculation.

So what signs do you look for or notice? It was the first time in my life that some one asked me that. :cool:

I certainly don't think a girl is an ASP because she dresses nice. However dressing provocatively can be a give away. I don't go out much so I'm probably not a good judge.

I once got into a cab in Las Vegas and headed to the convention center. The cabbie began a run down of a few of the ladies he saw, saying things like:

"She's working tonight." or "She just got done working." He pointed out four women as we inched out of the main lobby area.

This is not really answering your question, because I never would have picked them for ASPs, and I don't know what he saw. However, some men apparently have the radar, or at least think they do.

The same can be said for Jons, I can pick them out anywhere. It not about dressing nice its about knowing our own Breed.

Lilithia

I told ya about my recent experience...guess I'm still wet behind the ears.:o

Last week I was playing poker and a older gentlemen approached me before the game at a local bar and whispered " are you a working girl? " lol.... I joked about it, but apparently because I wear dresses or dress nicely when I am there 98% of the time it caused speculation.

So what signs do you look for or notice? It was the first time in my life that some one asked me that. :cool:

The same can be said for Jons, I can pick them out anywhere. It not about dressing nice its about knowing our own Breed.

Lilithia

Yes!! Someone else gets it. Contrary to prior opinion I'm not nuts! Well, OK, maybe I still am but not for the reasons indicated. Caution though or brilliant commentary to the contrary will follow. :D

http://www.theotherboard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=336606#poststop

Lilithia

You think the hotel managers can pick them out as they stroll through the lobby?

Ok...I'll be the first to call bullshit! It's internal justification for something we fear we'll be criticized over.

I have a gay friend that I've known since highschool. For years...all I heard was "hey...know who's gay...so and so" until I realized that if I was the only heterosexual guy left on the earth...I'd actually be getting laid. I've noticed the same behavior from pot heads..."hey...know who gets high?"

Yes!! Someone else gets it. Contrary to prior opinion I'm not nuts! Well, OK, maybe I still am but not for the reasons indicated. Caution though or brilliant commentary to the contrary will follow. :D

http://www.theotherboard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=336606#poststop

Random thoughts:

Women out by themselves, kinda rare. Throw in a low cut dress, 6" heels, and alone, starts screaming hooker: acquiantence years ago ran into that situation in Vegas while waiting for friends at a hotel bar (bartender would not serve her thinking she was a business girl).

CO is really casual, so, anyone dressing up just a little bit is going to a wedding or a funeral. Or a ho.

Not pointed at OP, but "dressing nice" is in the eye of the beholder. A "classy" outfit might not come across as classy. At times, these outfits scream "stripper classy". Basically, there's classy/refined, and then there's slutty classy (no fishnets :P )

How funny and ironic this thread comes up. I spent last week at a very nice hotel in downtown Houston doing exactly this. I sat in the huge always busy lobby observing ladies on different occasions playing the yes, no, uh maybe game when I was bored. Being I was there a number of days and seeing some of the same ladies on different occasions helped fine tune my speculation. Not always perfect but yes I believe someone with more than a couple of innings in this game can tell with a certain degree of accuracy who the players are. As mentioned above I'd also believe a lady can spot the guys in a heartbeat.

You think the hotel managers can pick them out as they stroll through the lobby?

Yes....experienced hotel staff can distinguish the players in nano-seconds.

Maybe the old fart was just hoping! Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Props to the old dude for taking a shot! :cool:

I'd like to think that I could pick up on something like that....but the truth is, I'd probably recognize them (no guess work at all), at least if they're are a north side lady :P.

Seriously, I actually find myself wondering which other guys may be hobbyists. I'm sure the lades have a pretty good idea......but I don't hang out with many guys. I mean, I don't think of myself as falling into a "hobbyist" profile myself either but..........

OK, I suppose I have walked through a mall or went shopping at Vicky's Secret, noticed a girl and wondered hmmmmmmm???.....but it was probably just wishful thinking ;).

probably just wishful thinking ;).

This is certainly my experience! :)

This reminds me of a time I was in Blackhawk and I was walking past the poker table section when a beautiful lady caught my eye so I moved a little closer and sure enough it was one of our former favorites (guess she retired) and she had her boobs prominently displayed which I am sure didn't hurt her game at all. I watched that game for about 20 minutes and man was she fleecing that table. I don't think half the guys there could concentrate at all on their own hands. It looked like she was making a bundle at that game, maybe that is why we don't see her advertise anymore, she went pro but at proker.

Pheremones.

Ever notice after you have sex other people seem more attracted to you? If you are getting it more regularly you stand out chemically and people take notice.

That and the ho clothes.