Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
victor

possible scam

12 posts in this topic

I replied to a BP ad and was sent a message about visiting this site (protctdaters.com/cathy093) for verification. I did not visit the site because it looks like scam, possibly a virus or identify theft play. Does anyone have experience with this possible scam? The ad was removed after a few hours.

Edited by boink36
Why provide a link to a possible virus?

Does anyone have experience with this possible scam?

/head-slap

Sure! When it's a scam, I just go ahead and take a devil may care attitude and give them my credit card number.

Seriously, if it smells like a scam, it is a scam. Sure, some providers want e-mail only at first, but even then, you're going to, generally, be able to find something on the legit ones. Otherwise, 99 out of 100 times, e-mail only is a scam of some sort. "Verify by website" is ALWAYS a scam.

I've replied to those sites and now I have a great refi mortgage, my dick is bigger, and I'm receiving millions of dollars from a Nigerian Prince. ;)

I've replied to those sites and now I have a great refi mortgage, my dick is bigger, and I'm receiving millions of dollars from a Nigerian Prince. ;)

LMFAO :P :p :eek:

http://www.theotherboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=50877&postcount=16

Wonder what happened to this guy? ^^^

Seriously, he's just trying to help out his fellows, I'm sure he can do without "snide remarks". Remember, we were all a little green once, and while its come a long way, I'm pretty sure this is part of the board's intended purpose.

Obsess much? You go back 5 years to find a quote you can use to bust my chops?

And if you took the time to extract you head from your arse, you would note that I DID answer his question using humor and metaphor.

[

Seriously, he's just trying to help out his fellows, I'm sure he can do without "snide remarks". Remember, we were all a little green once, and while its come a long way, I'm pretty sure this is part of the board's intended purpose.

Reindeer, are you feeling OK??

This is just not like you. :confused:

Main reason I stopped participating on "The Board" months and months ago is that I just can't seem to keep up with all the "cool kids". Well, actually did not care to.. Used to be a safe place to exchange ideas and ask questions and share info. Not so much anymore. Oh well, life goes on

Main reason I stopped participating on "The Board" months and months ago is that I just can't seem to keep up with all the "cool kids". Well, actually did not care to.. Used to be a safe place to exchange ideas and ask questions and share info. Not so much anymore. Oh well, life goes on

True. If you are not knee-deep in the "hobby," the smack down comes quickly. I like the board, because it's fun to read the ladies' responses as they smack down the occasional "entitled" jerk. At least, "Entitled" is the word I see that keeps popping up.

To go wildly off topic...I recommend that everyone get a flu shot. I am down for the count. Be well.

http://www.theotherboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=50877&postcount=16

Wonder what happened to this guy? ^^^

Mother of Mercy, what kind of search engine do you have to come up with that?

(Come on now, you have to admit, it was pretty fucking funny response.)

Mother of Mercy, what kind of search engine do you have to come up with that?

(Come on now, you have to admit, it was pretty fucking funny response.)

Once again, while its against my better judgement, I'm feeling rather jaunty today so:

This thread and the responses to it reflect the difference between ignorance and stupidity. Yes, the OP was ignorant, but there's nothing wrong with that. The dude was trying to reduce his ignorance by replacing it with knowledge, and possibly warn this community at the same time. Sure, to a seasoned veteran it was obviously a scam, but to a green pea, not so much.

OTOH, the response(s)that annoyed me were much more like stupidity. As far as admitting that it was "pretty fucking funny", maybe to a handi-capable/differently abled 12 year old; but to me it was stupid, mean, and totally unnecessary. mrvegas had already answered the query, FuriousInch was just "piling on". And if the two replies preceding your moment of brilliance:rolleyes: are any indication, it illustrates a rather unfriendly environment for those who recently joined; but if you enjoy seeing posts/reviews from the same group of "cool kids", then, by all means, please continue with your insipid bullshit about how picking on the newbies is entertaining and funny.

As far as the search engine: TOB's very own search function. The reason I went back as far as I did is that "the Inch" seems to have forgotten that when you're new, sometimes you post ignorant things(and because he has less than 500 posts, his entire posting history is available for a simple search).

*Final qualifier:

As I pointed out to someone else: while my posts are irascible at times, I usually reserve my scorn for the "seasoned veterans" as opposed to those that don't know any better(yet).

Once again, while its against my better judgement, I'm feeling rather jaunty today so:

This thread and the responses to it reflect the difference between ignorance and stupidity. Yes, the OP was ignorant, but there's nothing wrong with that. The dude was trying to reduce his ignorance by replacing it with knowledge, and possibly warn this community at the same time. Sure, to a seasoned veteran it was obviously a scam, but to a green pea, not so much.

OTOH, the response(s)that annoyed me were much more like stupidity. As far as admitting that it was "pretty fucking funny", maybe to a handi-capable/differently abled 12 year old; but to me it was stupid, mean, and totally unnecessary. mrvegas had already answered the query, FuriousInch was just "piling on". And if the two replies preceding your moment of brilliance:rolleyes: are any indication, it illustrates a rather unfriendly environment for those who recently joined; but if you enjoy seeing posts/reviews from the same group of "cool kids", then, by all means, please continue with your insipid bullshit about how picking on the newbies is entertaining and funny.

As far as the search engine: TOB's very own search function. The reason I went back as far as I did is that "the Inch" seems to have forgotten that when you're new, sometimes you post ignorant things(and because he has less than 500 posts, his entire posting history is available for a simple search).

*Final qualifier:

As I pointed out to someone else: while my posts are irascible at times, I usually reserve my scorn for the "seasoned veterans" as opposed to those that don't know any better(yet).

i·ras·ci·ble

adjective

1.easily provoked to anger; very irritable: an irascible old man. :D