Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boink36

Hug a Vet today.

13 posts in this topic

For Veterans past and present. for all that you do/have done.

from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!:)

Spend time with an ASP that just happens to be a Vet today :)

RIP: ASP/Adult Video Star/Army Vet Rebel Dean . We thank you for your service.

So what kind of hug are we talking about? I love to "hug" Vets! :D

I know, I know...being naughty today. I will go back in hiding...

*smooches*

Gisele Fuller

P.S "HUGS" to all you handsome Vets out there...you have provided a service that can't be repayed! Thank you! : *

thanks, boink, for sliding this important off-topic topic in today, the REAL Veteran's Day.

i'd say, given the shameful way the VA has treated the warriors returning from the sands of hell keeping the real bad shit 5,000 miles away from us, what you should do (in addition to the hug) is get pissed off and raise hell.

So when you go to your bank tomorrow and start ragging that it's closed - why, wtf is this - think about a few (sobering) stats below:

More than 6,500 veteran suicides are logged every year — more than the total number of soldiers killed in Afghanistan and Iraq combined since those wars began.

Veterans kill themselves at a rate of one every 80 minutes.

Approximately 300,000 returning Iraq and Afghanistan war vets - equivalent to 22% of active duty military - suffer from PTSD and more than 115,000 soldiers have sustained mile TBI's.

For post-9/11 veterans, the current unemployment rate is 10 percent.

A study of Army soldiers screened 3 to 4 months after returning from deployment to Iraq showed that 27 percent met criteria for alcohol abuse and were at increased risk for related harmful behaviors (e.g., drinking and driving, using illicit drugs).

In another study of returning soldiers, clinicians identified 20 percent of active and 42 percent of reserve component soldiers as requiring mental health treatment. Drug or alcohol use frequently accompanies mental health problems and was involved in 30 percent of the Army's suicide deaths from 2003 to 2009 and in more than 45 percent of non-fatal suicide attempts from 2005 to 2009.

The divorce rate among military couples has increased 42 percent throughout the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, a recent study shows

As a `Nam vet, I thank you all for your kind regards.

A shout out to ALL who have served their country in uniform.

As I was growing up, the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month was known as Armistise Day, honoring the end of WW I.

As a Nam vet....THANK YOU! My home comming 45 years ago was less than warm. Im glad that the society has come around to recognise its men and women in uniform

Spend time with an ASP that just happens to be a Vet today :)

RIP: ASP/Adult Video Star/Army Vet Rebel Dean . We thank you for your service.

So which ladies here are vets I wonder, I know a few give specials to military or lighter screening.

I live in the Land of Freedom because of the Brave!!!

Thank you to all the vets and those currently serving this great country!