Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Oxymoron

Changes to Provider Signature Rules

31 posts in this topic

Update Aug 6th, 2012:

A quote or line of text is permitted in the provider's signature, as long as the mods do not consider it to be "advertising". HOWEVER, if a provider has a quote or line of text in your signature, she will not be permitted to put any contact info or links. If she prefers to put contact info or links, NO quote or line or text whatsoever will be permitted.

Choose a quotes/non-advertising line of text OR contact info and links. Pick one, not both or you'll get dinged!

So for what IS allowed in Signatures:

Links and Contact info ONLY

Up to 10 lines

Up to 500 characters

Size limit is 4

Colors are okay

Fonts are okay

Smilies are okay

Basically, the forum software should prevent you from doing anything with your signature that isn't allowed.

Quotes or non-advertising lines of text are permitted (example; xoxo Suzy), but ONLY if you do NOT have ANYTHING else in your signature.

No images or graphics are permitted.

No text that could be considered "advertising" is permitted, and the moderators have the final word on what would be considered advertising.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Oxy

The update and notice of change is announced on the 6th but I get a warning on the 5th? LAME! :rolleyes:

Update Aug 6th, 2012:

A quote or line of text is permitted in the provider's signature, as long as the mods do not consider it to be "advertising". HOWEVER, if a provider has a quote or line of text in your signature, she will not be permitted to put any contact info or links. If she prefers to put contact info or links, NO quote or line or text whatsoever will be permitted.

Choose a quotes/non-advertising line of text OR contact info and links. Pick one, not both or you'll get dinged!

So for what IS allowed in Signatures:

Links and Contact info ONLY

Up to 10 lines

Up to 500 characters

Size limit is 4

Colors are okay

Fonts are okay

Smilies are okay

Basically, the forum software should prevent you from doing anything with your signature that isn't allowed.

Quotes or non-advertising lines of text are permitted (example; xoxo Suzy), but ONLY if you do NOT have ANYTHING else in your signature.

No images or graphics are permitted.

No text that could be considered "advertising" is permitted, and the moderators have the final word on what would be considered advertising.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Oxy

The update and notice of change is announced on the 6th but I get a warning on the 5th? LAME! :rolleyes:

I recall warning Oxy about this whole "can-o-worms" re: even allowing these sigs. Her thought was it's still good to encourage traffic via participating in discussion, garnering interest in yourselves and then perhaps private exchange via your links could happen.

Now.. look at the big picture.

Does a warning really throw a huge wrench in the hobbying works? All the above can still happen. Make the tools work within their given limitations.

Does a warning really throw a huge wrench in the hobbying works? <snip> Make the tools work within their given limitations.

of course it doesn't. My problem (and actually it's not even a problem) is that I got dinged before the "limitation" was even announced. I have no problem abiding by the rules, as long as I know what they are. Just sayin'.

The mod gave you a warning... not a point infraction.

Lame

The mod gave you a warning... not a point infraction.

Lame

A warning for something that was not even an official rule yet. Lame...;)

A warning for something that was not even an official rule yet. Lame...;)

Warn.....

a : to give notice to beforehand:D;) especially of danger or evil

b : to give admonishing advice to : counsel

c : to call to one's attention : inform

Warn.....

a : to give notice to beforehand:D;) especially of danger or evil

b : to give admonishing advice to : counsel

c : to call to one's attention : inform

Spanks Boink!:rolleyes:

!!Vampella_OTK.gif

Spanks Boink!:rolleyes:

!!Vampella_OTK.gif

Oh, Thank you Destiny! That's me giving Boink his spanking in my basement. You can tie him up when I'm done and have your way with him.

I am really, really sad to say goodbye to my awesome quote that I've been using in my sig for so many years. But without question, it would be considered advertising. Even though it's just a damn good quote by Robert Heinlein.

I think the new rule is a little weird, but whatever. This isn't my sandbox, so I just follow the rules.

BUT

I have to ask -- should clients be allowed to have quotes from specific providers in their sigs? Wouldn't that be shilling? And just to be clear, some people have quotes from me in their sigs. I still think it's wrong, in light of the new rule. If Bob Heinlein can't be in my sig, then it doesn't seem right for a hobbyist to shill for me with one of my own quotes.

Just sayin'

xxxooo

Beverly ;-*

While we are on the subject of rules: are we or are we not allowed to talk about general, non-hooker related stuff like TV shows?

IDK, but don't even think of discussing Athletic Team Support Squad Members or the annual Broncos ATSSM calendar.

While we are on the subject of rules: are we or are we not allowed to talk about general, non-hooker related stuff like TV shows?

3. Keep your posts on topic. TOB is for discussion of adult services and adult industry related subjects.

The answer would be no. some latitude has always been given for things

like humor and fishing:D but TV shows need to have a hooker in the cast.

but TV shows need to have a hooker in the cast.

What about a john? Or a pimp? :confused:

What about a john? Or a pimp? :confused:

If the show or movie doesn't already exist, sounds like a good idea for one.

I for one don't see how that Heinlein quote could be considered advertising, and I hope TOB lets you to continue to use it.

But what is the big deal about a bit of adverstising anyways?

Isn't just appearing on the board advertising enough on its own?

There seems to be a solution here in search of a problem that doesn't exist.

If the show or movie doesn't already exist, sounds like a good idea for one.
Just always add this to any post and you'll be fine! :rolleyes:

tj_hooker-show_7555.jpg

Question. I have no current sig line. But I post way too much. If I promise to put a great quote from someone in my sig line......what's that worth?

I am really, really sad to say goodbye to my awesome quote that I've been using in my sig for so many years. But without question, it would be considered advertising. Even though it's just a damn good quote by Robert Heinlein.

I think the new rule is a little weird, but whatever. This isn't my sandbox, so I just follow the rules.

BUT

I have to ask -- should clients be allowed to have quotes from specific providers in their sigs? Wouldn't that be shilling? And just to be clear, some people have quotes from me in their sigs. I still think it's wrong, in light of the new rule. If Bob Heinlein can't be in my sig, then it doesn't seem right for a hobbyist to shill for me with one of my own quotes.

Just sayin'

xxxooo

Beverly ;-*

The answer would be no. some latitude has always been given for things

like humor and fishing:D but TV shows need to have a hooker in the cast.

How bout Fishing Shows... ?

BUT

Just sayin'

xxxooo

Beverly ;-*

I totally agree. I had Mae West on my sig for 7 solid years and never once did I consider it advertising, or even have the thought of it....But I do clearly see where some guys quote provders over and over and it looks like shilling to me, so who knows... I'm sad about it, but I have it on the other forums, so it's all ok.

Question. I have no current sig line. But I post way too much. If I promise to put a great quote from someone in my sig line......what's that worth?

It basically just gives you a bit of an idea of one's personality.

It basically just gives you a bit of an idea of one's personality.

Hey Velvet.. perhaps I should consider changing my sig line?

I for one don't see how that Heinlein quote could be considered advertising, and I hope TOB lets you to continue to use it.

But what is the big deal about a bit of adverstising anyways?

Isn't just appearing on the board advertising enough on its own?

There seems to be a solution here in search of a problem that doesn't exist.

That's a great question and one would think the answer would be yes

but apparently not. I'm starting to think signatures should go the way of

reputation and the visitor message.

It's not that all quotes or lines of text are "advertising".

The issue is that we are really tired of arguing with whiny providers about what was acceptable and what wasn't. A bit of advertising isn't an issue at all, it's that when you give an inch a mile is taken and no one wants to see flashing billboards in every other post, which was the reason for the previous guidelines.

Unfortunately, more than a few providers are incapable of understanding what the previous guidelines were, and not only pushed the envelope over and over again... but also wasted more of our time than they deserved bitching about it.

So if you are upset about the changes that do affect MANY providers who have always followed the guidelines, talk to the whiners and those who continually tried to slip advertising through here and there.

If it continues to be difficult to monitor signatures, we will take further steps to limit what can be contained. I had hoped that I could open things up on TOB so providers could at least get there contact info on their posts, but more than few insisted on disrespecting the more lenient guidelines, and THEN thought we were going to be open to arguing about it. We weren't and we won't.

Edited by The Oxymoron

... I'm starting to think signatures should go the way of reputation and the visitor message.

Actually, just going back to the old rules (no advertising [contact info] in signatures) would be just fine with me. If I need to contact a provider, I should be able to find the information I need in her profile.

Providers:

If you have noticed small changes to your signatures, that would be a mod (likely me) going in and bringing it into line with the new guidelines.

Mainly those who had some salutations are being edited. They are no longer permitted. :(

Edited by Kaduk

should clients be allowed to have quotes from specific providers in their sigs? Wouldn't that be shilling? And just to be clear, some people have quotes from me in their sigs. I still think it's wrong, in light of the new rule. If Bob Heinlein can't be in my sig, then it doesn't seem right for a hobbyist to shill for me with one of my own quotes.

It took me a while, but it dawned on me that Beverly makes an excellent point with this question.

Clients should not be able to directly, or indirectly, shill for particular providers with their signatures. I'm thinking that that quoting a particular provider should be fine, as long as the provider is not named.

Acceptable Example:

I watch TV while I give bjs, so turn it to an interesting channel please.

I'd rather no one quote me here unless they have my permission. I've had my own quotes used, in certain threads,in a way that made the quote look like something totally different from what I was saying months before in a different conversation. Not personal, but that's how I feel about my own words. To me it's no different than someone here stealing my freaking name.

Actually, just going back to the old rules (no advertising [contact info] in signatures) would be just fine with me. If I need to contact a provider, I should be able to find the information I need in her profile.

Agreed. I have them turned off, so I don't ever see them. If someone sparks my interest I click on the profile. Most have nothing listed under the contact tab, so I move on.