Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest fancyfree80

Hobby Phone

19 posts in this topic

For discretion purposes, I want to get a pre-paid cellphone. Thoughts on this people? How much are they, what's good, where to get? Pros/Cons, etc.? Go!

Good plan.....

Pro's: 4/5 dentists surveyed, recommend hobby phones for the prevention of a possibly very costly divorce :P.

Cons? Maybe a little pricey, compared to other cel phones, when using it a lot of minutes....(but still cheaper than a 6-7 figure divorce) :).

Also, be sure to minimize or eliminate the risk of someone finding your new phone, or your not helping yourself much. ;)

Women have six senses, five of them devoted to sniffing out cheating husbands and boyfriends.

So, yeah, good luck with that prepaid cell phone, which, eventually, you'll leave around somewhere.....:cool:

Get the hobby phone. It is well worth it as long as you can find a safe place for it. Learn how to turn it off, and make sure all the various sounds are turned off when you don't need it (stuff like voicemail alerts, text messages, minute notifications).

Learn how to delete the call history and do it religiously after each session.

If you keep it in your car, a good cover story is that old cell phones can still be used for 911 calls even after they have been deactivated and have no service plan.

I have had too many near-misses from using my regular phone - you just can't trust the judgment of some of the ladies you will see. Most are just ignorant and that has been my problem with unsolicited texts and follow-up calls at the wrong times.

Then there are the nutjobs that will want to attack you for a bad review, or some imagined slight. I personally have been lucky not to see one of these yet, but it's only a matter of time.

Someone recommended Google Voice to me instead of a hobby phone - I tried it out and it didn't work as needed for the outgoing calls.

So I went to King Soopers and got one there for $40 - paid cash and got it set up. I bought a pre-paid card for $25.

The phone is a "brick" kind, so the buttons are exposed. I buried the phone in my laptop bag with it turned off. But the damned thing got turned on accidentally at the worst moment and made all the wrong noises. I was able to pan it off as my computer doing something, but now I keep it in a safer place.

Hope this info helps...

you just can't trust the judgment of some of the ladies you will see. Most are just ignorant

Geez. That was rude. I think that speaks volumes about YOU and the choices YOU make in which ladies you call, because I know a lot of the ladies here, and I disagree that MOST are ignorant... Fuck you very much!:rolleyes:

To the original poster: try TracFone. You can buy them at Walgreens or Walmart for $10. They come preloaded with 10 min. already on them and additional minutes are fair in price. And you never have to register them. Good luck!

geez. That was rude. I think that speaks volumes about you and the choices you make in which ladies you call, because i know a lot of the ladies here, and i disagree that most are ignorant... Fuck you very much!:rolleyes:

lmao :)

Trac Phones are the way to go....walmart also has some for 10-20 bucks as well. I will agree with the others tun off the sounds and unless you are going to be using it turn it off.

KEEP IT AT WORK and if you do not have a job with an office location make sure you do not have any contacts in it, and delete all call/text history.

Excuses in case it is found.... 1. It's an emergency phone, or 2.Jim bob left it on the table when we went to lunch and I will give it to him tomorrow. BUT like 2big said we have 6 senses so I would go with option 2 if I were you, and make sure your wife has no idea who Jim bob is.

Geez. That was rude. I think that speaks volumes about YOU and the choices YOU make in which ladies you call, because I know a lot of the ladies here, and I disagree that MOST are ignorant... Fuck you very much!:rolleyes:

Sorry to offend - but it was not my intent.

I did not mean to imply that most of the ladies are ignorant.

I meant to say that most of the ladies that send the unsolicited texts or cause problems with calls are ignorant of the problem they could cause. Not ignorant as in dumb, but ignorant as in not understanding the problem they could cause.

Obviously you and most of providers are very discrete and this is not an issue, and I was not referencing all providers in general.

Of the small fraction of providers that are not discrete, most of those are not texing / calling out of maliciousness, but rather ignorance of any problem that they will cause.

Thank you and sorry I said fuck you....:o

Sorry to offend - but it was not my intent.

I did not mean to imply that most of the ladies are ignorant.

I meant to say that most of the ladies that send the unsolicited texts or cause problems with calls are ignorant of the problem they could cause. Not ignorant as in dumb, but ignorant as in not understanding the problem they could cause.

Obviously you and most of providers are very discrete and this is not an issue, and I was not referencing all providers in general.

Of the small fraction of providers that are not discrete, most of those are not texing / calling out of maliciousness, but rather ignorance of any problem that they will cause.

rotflmao destiny,

i'd say the way to mend fences with lovethe is to follow through on the 'fuck you' comment and do the deed w/him. after all, make-up sex is reported to be really, really hot!

To the original poster: try TracFone. You can buy them at Walgreens or Walmart for $10. They come preloaded with 10 min. already on them and additional minutes are fair in price. And you never have to register them. Good luck!

Great info, thanks!

(That's the second time I've said thanks to you ;))

How bout just getting a divorce if you aren't happy? Move on hobby all you want without the worry of getting caught or needing an extra phone!

You realize there are many reason for guy to be doing this? Maybe his wife is a fantastic person. But due to medical reasons sex is painful or she is not interested?

But due to medical reasons sex is painful or she is not interested?

I always crack up when I see a guy claiming "medical reasons".

I'll tell you the "medical reason" - take a look in the mirror.:cool:

I keep reading the op and I don't see anything about a SO. There are lots of reasons to get a hobby phone besides avoiding getting caught by a spouse. I don't have a SO and I recently signed up for a google voice number because I don't want to give out my personal or work phone.

Just to note I don't hobby myself because I am in a relationship and took the time to make sure my SO would meet my needs.

And you're here because??? :confused:

Destiny thank you for your wonderful tact... Love it!!! Go Girl!!

Hobbying is one thing but to have so many including providers writing it off as ok is sad.

If all the married men were to stop hobbying, providers would go out of business quickly.

I always crack up when I see a guy claiming "medical reasons".

I'll tell you the "medical reason" - take a look in the mirror.:cool:

2Big you crack me up sometimes guy.

Thanks D! We love you too!:D Fortunately the majority of the ladies that make it in this biz are incredibly smart, and RESOURCEFUL. You have no clue how academically smart, technically smart, current even smart, street smart, we are. We have to be.

For the op, sounds like you have already received some great advice for a phone or software package. good luck!