Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coloradod

never been called.....

31 posts in this topic

burly before, I am pretty sure it was in a positive fashion as we left the damn door unlocked and comment was "i have a big burly man to protect me". But it does leave you thinking, what exactly did she mean. Long story short, What has someone called you that left you thinking:confused:

If I were you - I'd take it as a compliment because she knew you could protect her.

bur·ly/ˈbərlē/

Adjective (of a person) Large and strong; heavily built.:)

Edited by Wendy Whitney
typo

I'm sure it happened something like this:

Coloradood: Hey, you the girl i booked with?

Girl: Why, look, a new recreation enthusiast!

Coloradood: Ummm...

Girl: We'll start off your workout with vigorous calisthenics executed in rhythmic time with acetate pressings of the new musical craze called jazz!

burly before, I am pretty sure it was in a positive fashion as we left the damn door unlocked and comment was "i have a big burly man to protect me". But it does leave you thinking, what exactly did she mean. Long story short, What has someone called you that left you thinking:confused:

It means you're a fat slob. Start dieting and exercising.

It means you're a fat slob. Start dieting and exercising.

Harry shoulders

Maybe thats true....maybe its not, either way if it helps your guys insecurities then I can be that avenue for you, i am secure enough to help you guys out.

On another note this part of the world is totally backwards. The women have all the power and the men are the dramatic little bitches.

Coloradod, you are in no way fat....lmao....do you even have more than 5% body fat. I think you have a great physique, toned in all the right places and not to big in the muscle area. Take the ladies comment as a compliment!

As for these guys comments, they don't know you so their opinions do not matter. But since I have seen you I think you are sexy!

Burly=sexy! :)

There is nothing sexier on a guy than muscles, hair(especially facial), broad shoulders, long legs, and a little love handles to grab onto when you are...men are supposed to be like that right?! More meat on my men, that is what I say! If they are skinny or shaved...turns me off! I like imagining a guy picking me up with his strong arms and legs bulging. *licking lips*

Stay burly baby...I am certain I am not the only that gets her juices flowing seeing burly physiques!

*smooches*

Gisele Fuller

@Melissa

Thanks so much girl. I still think of our time :) They dont know better, its all good, fact is I am probably in better shape than most of them when they were 18 about 60 years ago.

@Giselle

Well I almost meet that description with the exception of the long legs. Either way thanks for the advice :) Maybe one day I will get to pick you up ;)

Are you sure she didn't say <SNL imitation of Arnold's accent> gurly man </SNL...> ;-)

Maybe thats true....maybe its not, either way if it helps your guys insecurities then I can be that avenue for you, i am secure enough to help you guys out.

On another note this part of the world is totally backwards. The women have all the power and the men are the dramatic little bitches.

Nobody is insecure.

What is being pointed out is that the term "burly" carries the same meaning as the term "pleasingly plump".

And we all know what THAT means.:cool:

@MelissaThanks so much girl. I still think of our time :)

Boohoo. Look who's insecure now.:cool:

2big, was thanking her for the sexy comment brotha.

Now you on the other hand, no problems with, i know your type and actually enjoy your personality. I read you as the type that is probably a pretty cool dude that likes to throw hand grenades and then step back and watch the carnage it creates. Its definately comical relief at times.

I guess as the newbie I should expect a little razzing, but I am not going to sit back and let some guy look like a presumptuous idiot. I will call them on it so that they can fix their flaws.

Actually i decided to look further.

http://www.audioenglish.net/dictionary/burly.htm

2Big- all i was trying to do was conversate and donate to the board. I am sure you realize its very difficult for us "newbs" to break into this hobby. You need street credibility, you need to learn the lingo and then maybe they will answer your phone. Its getting easier now as i have my 5 refs from the last 25 days or so and now I dont have to rely on posting here so others get familiar with me.

This site is very cliqish. Theres a group of long time hobbiest that wont crack and budge and then there is a group that talks a great game but I doubt they have seen more ASP's in year than i have this past month. Either way I dont fit into either group and honestly dont care too.

The fact is at the end of the day it comes down to 2 things. Pussy and Cash. Everything else is alter ego bullshit that folks need to portray so that they can carry on in thier pathetic lives. Like i said before you seem like a cool dude. Melissa seems to respect you and that carries a lot of weight and I can take the razzing, but everyone should be able to do the same if thats what it is.

Nobody is insecure.

What is being pointed out is that the term "burly" carries the same meaning as the term "pleasingly plump".

Nobody is insecure.

Uh no it doesn't. Maybe in whatever little world you've hidden under but burly is a compliment.

@Melissa

Thanks so much girl. I still think of our time :) They dont know better, its all good, fact is I am probably in better shape than most of them when they were 18 about 60 years ago.

@Giselle

Well I almost meet that description with the exception of the long legs. Either way thanks for the advice :) Maybe one day I will get to pick you up ;)

coloradod I think your skin is too thin. I too am burly with a large belly and 2Big would probably call me fat, hell I am fat. Now that being said just because one man said something you didnt like doesnt mean you have to insult all of us. I probably got more pussy in the Phillipines by accident than you have gotten in your entire life. so what, does that make me bettor than you, no. But please dont come on here spouting your newbie shit insulting everyone like your some king stud because a couple of the ladies said your sexy. Now if I interpeted your post wrong then Im sorry. There are women and men out there for everyone, burly, pleasingly plump, playboy hot and people next doorish. So dont let 2Big get to you and start insulting all of us, please only insult the party who insulted you.

Navy, i think you did take my post wrong. Fact is in the big picture I can care less what the guys and girls think. Like you said there are ladies here that are fine with any body type, etc. What I am tired of is the lurkers and trolls that are allowed to flame at will here. They bring nothing positive to the community and I am sure its bad for business, why do you think there are 200 people unregistered right now just browsing. They dont want to be rediculed(sp). and to be honest there are quite a few messages in my inbox right now of girls and guys that are rallying behind this so its not just a couple(not that it really matters but does give the satisfaction that I am not totally out of line here). Why do you think that is? Its because they dont want to feel the wrath of the mob!

On another note, I love phillipino cooking. If a good looking phillipino that can cook lumpia came to me right now and asked me to marry her I would drop my SO in a second :)

Also what does a hour go in the phillipines. Even though its a vietnamese that said it I keep hearing this "5 dola anyting u vant" in my head :)

coloradod I think your skin is too thin. I too am burly with a large belly and 2Big would probably call me fat, hell I am fat. Now that being said just because one man said something you didnt like doesnt mean you have to insult all of us. I probably got more pussy in the Phillipines by accident than you have gotten in your entire life. so what, does that make me bettor than you, no. But please dont come on here spouting your newbie shit insulting everyone like your some king stud because a couple of the ladies said your sexy. Now if I interpeted your post wrong then Im sorry. There are women and men out there for everyone, burly, pleasingly plump, playboy hot and people next doorish. So dont let 2Big get to you and start insulting all of us, please only insult the party who insulted you.

Navy, i think you did take my post wrong. Fact is in the big picture I can care less what the guys and girls think. Like you said there are ladies here that are fine with any body type, etc. What I am tired of is the lurkers and trolls that are allowed to flame at will here. They bring nothing positive to the community and I am sure its bad for business, why do you think there are 200 people unregistered right now just browsing. They dont want to be rediculed(sp). and to be honest there are quite a few messages in my inbox right now of girls and guys that are rallying behind this so its not just a couple(not that it really matters but does give the satisfaction that I am not totally out of line here). Why do you think that is? Its because they dont want to feel the wrath of the mob!

On another note, I love phillipino cooking. If a good looking phillipino that can cook lumpia came to me right now and asked me to marry her I would drop my SO in a second :)

Also what does a hour go in the phillipines. Even though its a vietnamese that said it I keep hearing this "5 dola anyting u vant" in my head :)

I dont know anymore what it costs since they closed the bases. In 1987 you could get a "short time" for about $5 or $10. Overnight would be whatever you could negotiate with the lady. Sometimes $10 or up to $30 if she was a good looking woman. The first time I was there was early 70's and everything was dirt cheap then. Hell Ferdnand Marcos was still in power then. It was a great time and most people wouldnt believe half the stories I could tell you about that place. Those little filipina ladies loved to screw. Oh by the way ladies the US Navy tested us regulary for aids and stds. They wouldnt lets us go to dental without an up to date aids test.

Edited by 2small
spelling

Are you sure she didn't say <SNL imitation of Arnold's accent> gurly man </SNL...> ;-)

Well they might have, but if they did they were talkin' 'bout me.:eek:

Burly! When I hear the word, I think of lumberjacks. And Scottish festivals where strong men throw really heavy things. :P

Perhaps we should ask Marina. http://hotforwords.com/

Everyone here will see burly men as the sex gods they are, once her luscious tongue wraps around the word that you mention.

...we left the damn door unlocked and her comment was "I have a big burly man to protect me"

Was this your first meeting with her? If so, your burly muscular self may have inspired her to leave the door unlocked, on the off chance that you were the overpowering type. If you were a squishy guy without biceps, the door would likely have been locked as usual.

Rereading the sentence you quote makes me go "Hmm," as linguistically, it is an artificial statement. If it's an exact quote, you're pretty smart to have spotted it. Did you write a review?

What has someone called you that left you thinking:confused:

Earlier this month someone called me beautiful. In the morning, with residual makeup; the :confused: is entirely different.

Lol, too funny how people try to mangle and wrestle the language into something that suits their opinion.

I don't need videos by some Russian stripper to know what the term burly means, and it sure as hell doesn't mean "fit and chiseled".

It's an old-fashioned term that nobody uses anymore (so if your provider used it, well, that tells me something about her age).

It refers to men who have muscles but are also "big" (as in "soft in the middle"). Think of retired policemen who are often muscular but also have a gut.

wasn't burl ives kinda burly?

+1 Lol, Burly Ives was the first to record (Ghost) Riders in the Sky: A Cowboy Legend. I'd grant him burly status on that basis alone. :)

Still waiting for Marina. Maybe the "Russian Stripper" comments weren't interpreted as friendly and welcoming? Dang it! The etymology of burly is intriguing--here's a mention of the Old English "borlic" meaning excellent, and of "bowerly" interpreted as, "Fit to inhabit a lady's apartment."

A burly man could lift my couch with one hand while I vacuum underneath it. Feats of strength: Not just for Festivus :P

A fun link from a favorite website: http://artofmanliness.com/2008/08/21/manly-feats-of-strength/

In “Theodore Rex” by Edmund Morris, Teddy Roosevelt and another man were expert at “stick fighting” where they donned leather pads and beat each other with sticks. Yes, he did this in office! I think they made their own rules, but I’m sure the first to cry uncle or the first to break his opponent’s staff were awarded victory.

Teddy Roosevelt was undoubtedly burly, in the finest sense of the word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Roosevelt

Perhaps what this country needs is more burliness. ;)

I'm sure it happened something like this:

Coloradood: Hey, you the girl i booked with?

Girl: Why, look, a new recreation enthusiast!

Coloradood: Ummm...

Girl: We'll start off your workout with vigorous calisthenics executed in rhythmic time with acetate pressings of the new musical craze called jazz!

Very interesting. I remember hearing this once.

Burly brings this to mind:

20ab8a20693d8a206c41da3465a0a6ca.gif

..and I love a burly man! ;)

This damn thread that keeps popping up top is like a bad dream that wont go away. I have 6 guinness's in me right now, headed to go get a few more in me. One of two things is going to happen tonight. Either I am going to post a pic(god help me) or I am making a booty call at 2am to get validation. This isnt going to be good.