KortneyB

Screening…..

82 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, brunodtc said:

I have some of my own personal rules around screening. Stuff I can't give out - real name, links to any of my socials, or a pic of my face. What that does for me is prevents someone from outing me, which would destroy my career, or blackmailing me. Those are risks whether it's the provider, or someone who stole the provider's phone. I won't negotiate on those rules. I am happy to provide references & P411. If that doesn't work, no problem, have a nice day. I won't ask a provider to break her rules, she shouldn't ask me to break mine. We should just wish each other well and move on. There are too many Jacks and Jills out there to be hung up one any specific one.

You not wanting to send a selfie is a huge red flag. With references, or ID or LinkedIn I require a selfie. I need to know who to expect when opening my door. Anyone can say those are your references but how do we confirm it’s you and you’ve not shared your references, name etc with someone ( yes, it’s happened )  a lady shares her photos, videos, personal website, location ,

personal space and herself with you at the very least you can share a selfie . If you’re worried about being outed or blackmailed, you’re either not confident in your provider choices or not doing your fair share of getting your new friend. 

On 4/23/2024 at 11:06 PM, KortneyB said:

It’s happens more than you would think regardless of where the lady stays unfortunately. 

I maintain operating out of a high-end hotel provides an additional layer of safety and protection.

Miscreants will think twice before committing a felonious act!

(I can't recall reading a post where a provider was victimized by a sexual predator at a Hilton, a Sheraton or a Doubletree!)

I maintain if a provider has a street-smart screening protocol and caters to respectable, HNW gents and operates out of high-end hotels ... she will encounter very few dangerous clients!

(Your success and safety is predicted on whom you allow to step into your room!)

I maintain the overwhelmingly vast majority of problematic encounters occur during outcalls or when operating out of low-end motels and catering to low-end clients ... whom have not been effectively screened through a street-smart screening process!

1 hour ago, TheRightStuff said:

I maintain operating out of a high-end hotel provides an additional layer of safety and protection.

(I can't recall reading a post where a provider was victimized by a sexual predator at a Hilton, a Sheraton or a Doubletree!)

I maintain if a provider has a street-smart screening protocol and caters to respectable, HNW gents and operates out of high-end hotels ... she will encounter very few dangerous clients!

(Your success and safety is predicted on whom you allow to step into your room!)

I maintain the overwhelmingly vast majority of problematic encounters occur during outcalls or when operating out of low-end motels and catering to low-end clients ... whom have not been effectively screened through a street-smart screening process!

I wish that were true. The rapes that I know about were affluent entitled men. I’m not arguing, but predators come in all shapes, sizes, ethnicity and socio economic background. 

5 hours ago, KortneyB said:

You not wanting to send a selfie is a huge red flag. With references, or ID or LinkedIn I require a selfie. I need to know who to expect when opening my door. Anyone can say those are your references but how do we confirm it’s you and you’ve not shared your references, name etc with someone ( yes, it’s happened )  a lady shares her photos, videos, personal website, location ,

personal space and herself with you at the very least you can share a selfie . If you’re worried about being outed or blackmailed, you’re either not confident in your provider choices or not doing your fair share of getting your new friend. 

I mean, that works both ways, right? If I want your service I have to meet your rules. If you want my business, you have to meet my rules. In this particular case, our rules don't match, and we wouldn't meet. I'd just wish you well and move on to the next provider.  I wouldn't ask you to break your rules, and I'd hope you wouldn't ask me to break mine. I have no complaints about that. If I increased my rules to require the provider send me her ID before we meet, I'd likely never meet another provider again, right? That's just how it works. The more rules each of us have, the fewer people we're going to see. It's up to us to decide on where we set that line.

I do reserve the right to worry about my own safety. If that bothers you, it'll just have to be like that. I'm not going to be sorry for it. I do hope you have a great day and that your business picks up.

7 hours ago, TheRightStuff said:

like dark deja vu and still bullshit and doubly so trying to tell ladies it should be good enough for them.  Don't like their screening move on.

BTW ?? HNW

18 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

I wish that were true. The rapes that I know about were affluent entitled men. I’m not arguing, but predators come in all shapes, sizes, ethnicity and socio economic background. 

I gotta agree with your assessment of predators.

True enough!

One size does not fit all; miscreants come in all shapes and sizes!

But, how many calculated, predatory attacks actually take place in high-end hotel rooms?

I maintain the very fact of operating out of a high-end hotel offers a level of deterrence and protection for a provider!

(I maintain Hilton, Sheraton, Radisson, Double Tree have an impressive, guest safety record!) 

Am I wrong about this?

I just can't see the likes of a Ted Bundy perpetrating his nefarious deeds in high-end hotels!

Just can't see it!

I can't see: getting screened by safety-conscious, street-smart providers, providing references and subsequently hooking up with them at high-end hotels being an effective modus operandi of a predator!

(Such a scenario presents too many obstacles; I can't see a predator workin' that way!)

I maintain 99.999% of predatory acts perpetrated by serial predators ...do not take place in high-end hotel rooms!

7 minutes ago, TheRightStuff said:

True enough!

But, how many calculated, predatory attacks actually take place in high-end hotel rooms?

I maintain the very fact of operating out of a high-end hotel offers a level of deterrence and protection for a provider!

(I maintain Hilton, Sheraton, Radisson, Double Tree have an impressive, guest safety record!) 

Am I wrong about this?

I just can't see the likes of a Ted Bundy perpetrating his nefarious deeds in high-end hotels!

Just can't see it!

I can't see: getting screened by safety-conscious, street-smart providers, providing references and subsequently hooking up with them at high-end hotels being an effective modus operandi of a predator!

(Such a scenario presents too many obstacles; I can't see a predator workin' that way!)

I maintain 99.999% of predatory acts perpetrated by serial predators ...do not take place in high-end hotel rooms!

Do you have anything else to offer? This is getting old.....in two different threads.  You have been here for 30 days and have posted zero reviews. Your credibility is non-existant, but that hasn't stopped you from telling us all what to do and how to do it. 

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, sb1212 said:

Do you have anything else to offer? This is getting old.....in two different threads.  You have been here for 30 days and have posted zero reviews. Your credibility is non-existant, but that hasn't stopped you from telling us all what to do and how to do it. 

Finally someone else.... I've been holding my tongue... reviving old threads and adding nothing..... feels like an imposter among us.... also Radisson is not on the high end list of hotels... 😂  double tree is a Hilton.  Sheraton is a Marriott. And if you think sketchy shit can't happen in the top rated chain hotels you're crazy.... 

Edited by MeganMarie4u

54 minutes ago, TheRightStuff said:

True enough!

Am I wrong about this?

Just can't see it!

Please maintain yourself somewhere else.  Because you're annoying.  You contribute nothing to the safety of anybody.... you contribute no new information to any thread you post to.  Your logic is wild.  It's giving man math..... and you post so much on this forum.... defintely suspect

2 hours ago, sb1212 said:

Au contraire mon frere!

My posts and advice are meant for "telling" newbies "what to do and how to do it"!

Newbies need help and mentorship!

No?

Newbies are rudderless; they are clueless; they are diffident and ineffectual; they are indecisive; they are afraid to pull the trigger; they are lost in the mongering wilderness; they are easy prey; they need someone to point them in the right direction!

They need someone to show them the way so that they are not perpetual victims in the hobby jungle!

I'm a selfless monger!

I can help them!

Cuz, I'm lookin' out for them; I'm doin' my part to spread the word for the betterment of the newbies amongst us!

I'm lookin' to flatten their learning curve!

What's wrong with that?

(Seasoned mongers can be left to their own devices!)

My posts are not directed at them!

In regard to my street cred and being able to point newbies in the right direction:

Let me ask you the 64K street-cred question:

What advice would you proffer to a newbie so that he might make himself a student of the game; connect the dots; tip the scales of mongering success in his favor; and encounter smooth sailing on his maiden voyage?

i.e.,

(No pimps; no scammers; no hustlers; no Backpage refugees; no hood rats; no crack addicts; no photoshopped phonies; no dumpy motels; no precarious situations; no pissin' away his time and $$$ on suspect providers with no reviews, no website and no street cred!)

You question my street cred!

Fair enough!

But let me say this: If a neophyte newbie heeds my advice ... it will quickly flatten his learning curve!

No?

(He's gunna be thankin' me later!)

Are you denying this?

And, he will be way ahead of the game in a short period of time!

Whereas if he's left to his own devices ... he's gunna be pissin' away a lot of his time and $$$ and he's gunna learn the hard way before he gets up to speed on how to play the game!

(My mongering advice can fast track newbies on to savvy, street-smart monger status ... right quick!)

Are you denying that what I post has absolutely no validity; has absolutely no basis in fact; is not the least bit instructive (to newbies); and has no bearing on successful mongering?

Really?

In terms of, your, street cred and being able to point newbies in the right direction: What advice would you give to an inquiring newbie for a successful maiden voyage?

Do you have any?

That's a fair question!

ps

What have I ever posted that was not valid ... and upon examination proved not to be substantially true? 

Can you cite an example?

(It's all valid and 100% true ... cuz, it's all based on real-world, boots-on-the-ground, in-the-trenches mongering experiences!)

I'm not much for self-aggrandizement but FWIW/ FYI: I've traveled around the world; I'm a globe trekker; I am not devoid of worldly experience; I've seen and experienced a lot; I've lived on the edge and pushed the envelope; I've had 100s of women from all around the world of every race, religion, creed and culture (providers included); I know of what I speak!

So be it.

7 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Please maintain yourself somewhere else.  Because you're annoying.  You contribute nothing to the safety of anybody.... you contribute no new information to any thread you post to.  Your logic is wild.  It's giving man math..... and you post so much on this forum.... defintely suspect

This!!!!!! 

On 4/25/2024 at 6:43 PM, brunodtc said:

I mean, that works both ways, right? If I want your service I have to meet your rules. If you want my business, you have to meet my rules. In this particular case, our rules don't match, and we wouldn't meet. I'd just wish you well and move on to the next provider.  I wouldn't ask you to break your rules, and I'd hope you wouldn't ask me to break mine. I have no complaints about that. If I increased my rules to require the provider send me her ID before we meet, I'd likely never meet another provider again, right? That's just how it works. The more rules each of us have, the fewer people we're going to see. It's up to us to decide on where we set that line.

I do reserve the right to worry about my own safety. If that bothers you, it'll just have to be like that. I'm not going to be sorry for it. I do hope you have a great day and that your business picks up.

I don’t have to meet anyones rules. As a provider we are already sharing multiple forms of information with you, not to mention our IDs are given to the websites and hotels in a check in. Everything you’ve said is a red flag. Very glad to not be on the same page with you .  And  my business is fine. Do not confuse my comments about issues with screening to my amount of business . Have a day. 

On 4/25/2024 at 4:09 PM, TheRightStuff said:

Just because you haven’t read it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. Most are not reported because we still face issues with reporting. 
I had my jaw broken and I can assure you, it wasn’t at some dumpy motel. 

2 minutes ago, KortneyB said:

I don’t have to meet anyones rules. As a provider we are already sharing multiple forms of information with you, not to mention our IDs are given to the websites and hotels in a check in. Everything you’ve said is a red flag. Very glad to not be on the same page with you .  And  my business is fine. Do not confuse my comments about issues with screening to my amount of business . Have a day. 

As am I.

On 4/26/2024 at 1:23 PM, MeganMarie4u said:

Finally someone else.... I've been holding my tongue... reviving old threads and adding nothing..... feels like an imposter among us.... also Radisson is not on the high end list of hotels... 😂  double tree is a Hilton.  Sheraton is a Marriott. And if you think sketchy shit can't happen in the top rated chain hotels you're crazy.... 

Au contraire!

(There's a biiig difference between de minimis  "sketchy shit" and being victim of a violent crime perpetrated by a stalking predator!)

My postulation is not as "crazy" as you might think!

Cuz, if you do a Google deep dive on how many providers have been preyed upon by stalking, Ted Bundy-like, predatory  miscreants at Hiltons or Sheratons over, let's say,  the last 10 years .... you're gunna find very little to report!

(You might even come up empty!)

There is, indeed, an additional level of safety and deterrence just by operating out of high-end hotels with 24-hour, in-house, security staffed by  professionals who put a premium on surveillance and security!

I don't know how any street-smart, safety-conscious provider can deny this!

ps

I'm gunna put this out there straight up:

THERE IS a DIRECT and POSITIVE CORRELATION btw OPERATING OUT of HIGH-END HOTELS and PROVIDER SAFETY!

I'm perfectly willing to be proven wrong ... if anybody can provide evidence to the contrary!

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, TheRightStuff said:

Au contraire!

(There's a biiig difference between de minimis  "sketchy shit" and being victim of a violent crime perpetrated by a stalking predator!)

My postulation is not as "crazy" as you might think!

Cuz, if you do a Google deep dive on how many providers have been preyed upon by stalking, Ted Bundy-like, predatory  miscreants at Hiltons or Sheratons over, let's say,  the last 10 years .... you're gunna find very little to report!

(You might even come up empty!)

There is, indeed, an additional level of safety and deterrence just by operating out of high-end hotels with 24-hour, in-house, security staffed by  professionals who put a premium on surveillance and security!

I don't know how any street-smart, safety-conscious provider can deny this!

ps

I'm gunna put this out there straight up:

THERE IS a DIRECT and POSITIVE CORRELATION btw OPERATING OUT of HIGH-END HOTELS and PROVIDER SAFETY!

I'm perfectly willing to be proven wrong ... if anybody can provide evidence to the contrary!

Do you have any other information to contribute to anything on this forum.....? Asking for a friend.... or all the people here. 

I'd love your proof to back up your statements. 

As a top tier member at multiple hotel chains.... very few in denver have 24hr security. 90% of them don't even have cameras anywhere besides entrances and exits. 

Have you ever stopped to think that things like that can be covered up by large chains that have more money than they know what to do with.... lol 

You're an interesting character. 

Edited by MeganMarie4u

21 hours ago, KortneyB said:

Just because you haven’t read it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. Most are not reported because we still face issues with reporting. 
I had my jaw broken and I can assure you, it wasn’t at some dumpy motel. 

Fair point!

And, sorry to hear about your misadventure!

You deserved a better fate!

Don't mean to put you on the spot (and pry) but: In retrospect were there salient red flags that (if your street-smarts were sufficiently honed and your situational awareness on point) ... you should have picked up on, from the jump? 

I'm just sayin'.

Not being privy to the relevant particulars of this encounter:  Did you let your guard down?; was he sufficiently screened?; did he supply credible references?; was he a regular? (where this act of violence was an-out-of-the-blue,  black swan event)?

Don't mean to belabor the point and put you on the spot but: I wouldn't be surprised if the answer to the aforementioned questions ... is no!

Now, this is easy for me to say (I wasn't there): but, I like to think if I had been in your shoes (situational awareness and street-smarts would have kicked-in) ... and I would have spotted a salient "tell" and would never had allowed such a client to step into my room!

(If the truth be told: did you check all the boxes that a savvy, street-smart provider @ the top of her game, would have, during the screening process?; did you posses situational awareness and do everything possible to insure your safety?; ... but, just got an unlucky roll of the hobby dice!)

Or, with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, are you now brutally honest and say to yourself: I got nobody to blame but myself ... I let my guard down ... my screening protocols are lacking ... I should have never allowed him to step into my room? 

I'm just sayin'.

ps

Like I said I don't mean to put you on the spot, and pry, and take you out of your comfort zone.

psii

Best of luck in your future providing endeavors! 

25 minutes ago, TheRightStuff said:

Fair point!

Don't mean to put you on the spot (and pry) but: In retrospect were there salient red flags that (if your street-smarts were sufficiently honed and your situational awareness on point) ... you should have picked up on, from the jump? 

I'm just sayin'.

Not being privy to the relevant particulars of this encounter:  Did you let your guard down?; was he sufficiently screened?; did he supply credible references?; was he a regular? (where this act of violence was an-out-of-the-blue,  black swan event)?

Don't mean to belabor the point and put you on the spot but: I wouldn't be surprised if the answer to the aforementioned questions ... is no!

Now, this is easy for me to say (I wasn't there): but, I like to think if I had been in your shoes (situational awareness and street-smarts would have kicked-in) ... and I would have spotted a salient "tell" and would never had allowed such a client to step into my room!

(If the truth be told: did you check all the boxes that a savvy, street-smart provider @ the top of her game, would have, during the screening process?; did you posses situational awareness and do everything possible to insure your safety?; ... but, just got an unlucky roll of the hobby dice!)

Or, with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, are you now brutally honest and say to yourself: I got nobody to blame but myself ... I let my guard down ... my screening protocols are lacking ... I should have never allowed him to step into my room? 

I'm just sayin'.

ps

Like I said I don't mean to put you on the spot, and pry, and take you out of your comfort zone.

psii

STREET SMARTS are definitely a plus to have but at the same time, I know a ton of male/females that are LOCKED UP who also have STREET SMARTS. The bottom line is if you are in the hobby long enough, I don't care who you are, you are going to encounter some less than stellar encounters/people/situations and no matter how much you think you are on top of your game, you are going to realize you didn't see that one coming.................................And further more, WHAT US MALES do not realize in these situations that these women face is something US MALES don't think or really have to worry about. My hat is off to women that are way shorter, way smaller and physically not as strong as 90 percent of the clients they encounter. I don't care what screening you use, you can't always predict whats going on in another person's mind when certain situations occur in a room between two individuals. My advice/screening tool to add is to stick with the men that have something to lose versus the ones that don't have anything to lose.  

On 4/27/2024 at 11:42 PM, TheRightStuff said:

Fair point!

I'm just sayin'.

I'm just sayin'.

ps

psii

Look at you trying to find a way to blame the victim. At least that’s what your questions are coming across as. Have a day.

1 hour ago, KortneyB said:

Look at you trying to find a way to blame the victim. At least that’s what your questions are coming across as. Have a day.

It's people like him that should have to screen to be on the forum.... lol it's giving USASG vibes...

It's not your fault kortney. For anything you went thru. And anybody who tells you otherwise doesn't deserve your energy💚

On 4/28/2024 at 0:32 AM, Savoir Faire said:

STREET SMARTS are definitely a plus to have but at the same time, I know a ton of male/females that are LOCKED UP who also have STREET SMARTS. The bottom line is if you are in the hobby long enough, I don't care who you are, you are going to encounter some less than stellar encounters/people/situations and no matter how much you think you are on top of your game, you are going to realize you didn't see that one coming.................................And further more, WHAT US MALES do not realize in these situations that these women face is something US MALES don't think or really have to worry about. My hat is off to women that are way shorter, way smaller and physically not as strong as 90 percent of the clients they encounter. I don't care what screening you use, you can't always predict whats going on in another person's mind when certain situations occur in a room between two individuals. My advice/screening tool to add is to stick with the men that have something to lose versus the ones that don't have anything to lose.  

On 4/28/2024 at 0:32 AM, Savoir Faire said:

There Ya Go!

The ones who "have something to lose" ... will most certainly be on their best behavior!

(If providers could only identify them beforehand!)

If they were only omniscient!

What you say is true: (to paraphrase ) no matter how street-smart you think you are ... if you play this game long enough sooner or later a low card is gunna come out of the deck!

(If you step into the batter's box enough times ... sooner or later you're gunna be greeted by chin music!)

It goes with the territory!

But, there can be no doubt: Having a street-smart screening process; checking references; catering to respectable gents; cultivating regulars; and operating out of high-end hotels; ... goes a looong way of tipping the scales in a provider's favor!

Conversely: Lacking street-smarts in the screening process; not requiring references; catering to Backpage refugees; not having a fully-booked schedule of regulars; and operating out of dumpy motels ... tips the scales in favor of misadventure (or worse)!

Successful Providing 101:

(There can be no doubt that the most-salient factor contributing to the security, safety, longevity and $uccess of a provider is: WHAT CALIBER of CLIENT(S) DO YOU ALLOW to STEP into YOUR ROOM!) 

SUCCESSFUL PROVIDING 101!

4 hours ago, KortneyB said:

Au Contraire Mon Ami!

I'm trying to drill down on what precipitated this misadventure!

(And, with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight ... if it could have been avoided!)

Those questions are relevant and probative!

No?

(I've had a look behind the curtain!)

I've rendezvoused with My Go-To 78x!

(You'd be surprised what inside information can be gleaned thru unreserved pillow talk!)

On 4/27/2024 at 10:54 PM, MeganMarie4u said:

Do you have any other information to contribute to anything on this forum.....? Asking for a friend.... or all the people here. 

I'd love your proof to back up your statements. 

As a top tier member at multiple hotel chains.... very few in denver have 24hr security. 90% of them don't even have cameras anywhere besides entrances and exits. 

Have you ever stopped to think that things like that can be covered up by large chains that have more money than they know what to do with.... lol 

You're an interesting character. 

So are you suggesting there is no difference in the security measures employed by Sheraton and Hilton verses Motel 6 and The Red Roof Inn?

Let's get real: all things being equal, you could operate out of a Hilton or you could operate out of a Motel 6 ... which one you gunna pick?

For mongers who are diffident, unknowing, unseasoned and afraid to pull the trigger ... all relevant concerns can be allayed if you make yourself a savvy, street-smart monger (SSSM) ... and only spend your time and $$$ on true professionals @ the top of their game (TP@TTOTG)!

(They do exist!)

And TP@TTOTG:

1) Will have a website.

2) Will have dozens of stellar reviews on TER.

3) Will have a teaser video.

4) Will operate out of high-end hotels.

(Granted, it's the minority!)

Wise Up ... see the light!

If you only spend your time and $$$ on providers who posses the abovementioned attributes ... I guarantee you it will be drama-free, scam-free, hustle-free, dumpy-hotel-free, bait-&-switch-free, pimp-free, LE-free and smooth sailing 99.999% of the time!

(You can thank me later!)

1 hour ago, TheRightStuff said:

For mongers who are diffident, unknowing, unseasoned and afraid to pull the trigger ... all relevant concerns can be allayed if you make yourself a savvy, street-smart monger (SSSM) ... and only spend your time and $$$ on true professionals @ the top of their game (TP@TTOTG)!

(They do exist!)

And TP@TTOTG:

1) Will have a website.

2) Will have dozens of stellar reviews on TER.

3) Will have a teaser video.

4) Will operate out of high-end hotels.

(Granted, it's the minority!)

Wise Up ... see the light!

If you only spend your time and $$$ on providers who posses the abovementioned attributes ... I guarantee you it will be drama-free, scam-free, hustle-free, dumpy-hotel-free, bait-&-switch-free, pimp-free, LE-free and smooth sailing 99.999% of the time!

(You can thank me later!)

Yawn....

19 hours ago, sb1212 said:

Yawn....

😂😂😂  I can't do anything but laugh 

On 4/29/2024 at 2:00 PM, TheRightStuff said:

There Ya Go!

The ones who "have something to lose" ... will most certainly be on their best behavior!

(If providers could only identify them beforehand!)

If they were only omniscient!

What you say is true: (to paraphrase ) no matter how street-smart you think you are ... if you play this game long enough sooner or later a low card is gunna come out of the deck!

(If you step into the batter's box enough times ... sooner or later you're gunna be greeted by chin music!)

It goes with the territory!

But, there can be no doubt: Having a street-smart screening process; checking references; catering to respectable gents; cultivating regulars; and operating out of high-end hotels; ... goes a looong way of tipping the scales in a provider's favor!

Conversely: Lacking street-smarts in the screening process; not requiring references; catering to Backpage refugees; not having a fully-booked schedule of regulars; and operating out of dumpy motels ... tips the scales in favor of misadventure (or worse)!

Successful Providing 101:

(There can be no doubt that the most-salient factor contributing to the security, safety, longevity and $uccess of a provider is: WHAT CALIBER of CLIENT(S) DO YOU ALLOW to STEP into YOUR ROOM!) 

SUCCESSFUL PROVIDING 101!

LOL, its pretty easy to identify men that have nothing to lose..................................

On 4/29/2024 at 11:33 PM, sb1212 said:

Yawn....

My Bad!

Newbies: Don't even attempt to separate the wheat from the chaff; don't read reviews; don't peruse provider websites; only spend your time and $$$ on providers:

1) Who have no website.

2) Who have no reviews on TER.

3) Who operate out of sh&#thole dumps.

Cuz, that's the way to go!

On 4/30/2024 at 10:26 PM, Savoir Faire said:

LOL, its pretty easy to identify men that have nothing to lose..................................

The Backpage refugees have nothing to lose!

The habitues of the shallow end of the hobby pool ... have nothing to lose!

4 minutes ago, TheRightStuff said:

The Backpage refugees have nothing to lose!

The habitues of the shallow end of the hobby pool ... have nothing to lose!

For what it's worth, I met some absolutely fantastic ladies on Backpage. Very deepest end of the hobby pool, to extend the analogy.  I guess I'd be considered one of those refugees.