Bit Banger

What is TOB to you?

9 posts in this topic

In another thread it was asked, “What TOB is if not a review board for independent YL?”  So I ask, What is TOB to each of you, personally?

——

For me TOB is an online group of people who discuss a wide range of topics from music to sprinkler systems, and of course our common interest.  The participants come from a wide range of backgrounds, but considering the cost of business, most of the men have been successful in their fields.

That common interest would happen to be sex, or more particularly commercial sex.  To that end in addition to the discussion forums there are advertising and review boards for independent ladies providing time & companionship.  I stress independent for two reasons.  First is philosophical.  These ladies are entrepreneurs, small business owners.  The other is the LE attention to agencies & amps.  There are plenty of boards covering them.

I still come here to chat with friends, even though I no longer live in CO, and I am not in the market for companionship.  I call the Rio Grande Valley (S.TX) home these days and I am in a committed relationship.  TOB has been a part of my life for the past score of years, and I expect it to be for the foreseeable future.

——

So, what does TOB mean to you?

Interesting question. I suggest the mods move this to General Discussion or Colorado for greater visibility.⁹

When I first started 7 years ago TOB was a place I lurked to look at the lovely ladies and read the forums (they were much more entertaining then...). I originally only hobbied when traveling for business and used P411.  Eventually the travel stopped, so I began to use TOB as my source for fun here in Denver. Still seeing the first companion I scheduled way back then. It continues to be my primary source to find the occasional new addition to my small circle of regulats. The pics, links to websites, reviews, forums and DM access to companions and other hobbyists make it a very useful resource. Not perfect, but better than all the other choices.  

Edited by Kaduk
moved to General Forum

To me TOB is a place to keep in touch with the friends whom I have meet with mutual interests. We have shared cooking advice and even recommendations for services outside of the hobby. Of course keeping in touch with the ladies is a big part also.

TOB has kept me reasonably sane since my divorce (a long time ago).  I've met some great folks here and enjoy many of the topics discussed.  We may all be somewhat different from one another, but the goal here seems to be to have a platform where consenting adults can get some "needs and wants" met with like minded people.  The ladies I've met here have been a blast and have improved my mental health and my outlook on the world in a variety of ways.  That is why I keep showing up here !!

Tob is Colorado based. Often a great discussion. An occasional spat! ItKeeps me in line ! Challenging times as well as quite. Always here! I have been posting on this website for a long time and will continue until I stop. RIP to those who have passed on. Be an adult and give respect by not being rude to those who have a different perspective! Call it a community home base online.
Congratulations on your relationship,  @Bit Banger

love and support to all my special friends 

Kali XOXO

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

19 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Tob is Colorado based. Often a great discussion. An occasional spat! ItKeeps me in line ! Challenging times as well as quite. Always here! I have been posting on this website for a long time and will continue until I stop. RIP to those who have passed on. Be an adult and give respect by not being rude to those who have a different perspective! Call it a community home base online.
Congratulations on your relationship,  @Bit Banger

love and support to all my special friends 

Kali XOXO

It is a sort of a. Dysfunctional home. My clients-friends can be found here or not. It just feels right. Especially when life is calm.I probably show up too much and at odd hours. 

Was or is lol?

WAS

A busy place that saw dozens of members M and F alike regularly posting informational, funny, interesting threads and acting like a community for the most part.  Several hours per week went into just reading posts, responding to some, etc. For some reason (FOSTA/SESTA I think and the end of google as we knew it) it was a bit easier to find information on alleged providers and many regularly actively researched 411's.  I was one.  Lots of characters being .... well themselves at one of the few places to openly discuss some topics.  Who could resist the rants of Crazy Horse, the look at my majestic self diatribes of Demure Mormon, the side splitting humor of MeganRae, arguing with Jennifer, the sense of humor also of Destiny, or the over the top insanity of Angela A. And as mentioned in other thread the debates of Lucy.  Just a whole lot of folks (hate naming any cause leave out so many) sharing everything from  hobby tips, to music, to recipes (!), to jokes ...... and having fun and maybe learning a thing or two.  And of course ads for many more ladies than it seems there are today with many of them participating in the forum so you could figure out much from their posts.

IS

Seems a dense foreboding fog of distrust, division and bull shit hit the forum shortly after it did the country.  Add SESTA/Fosta, covid, idiotic politics and it seems like half the world has forgotten how to have fun and get along with anyone.  Or give a fuck about anyone. You probably only need fingers of one hand to count the ladies that actually post, two hands certainly covers. Having to be referred by an already member lady, cost of the ads, the entire bit coin only nightmare, and half a dozen guys that think their job is to insult and trash the ladies.  And a few who think starting arguments is almost as good as the sex they must not be getting. Somewhere in there perhaps it should have been clear we would get here.  But the fun and entertaining threads seem to have moved on as well.  Music used to get more responses and more participants posting.  I am so far into music for so many years it is hard to resist posting up hopefully different and interesting stuff.  If nothing else when I can't decide what to listen to I know where to find a lot of music I like, so there's that lol. If nothing else it reminds me of sharing music with a circle of friends who all had tape decks and turn tables.  it is easy digitally, better than nothing, not as fun but still good if someone says "hey, I like that"

So, can the place ever go back or was it simply a product of unique members that are not to be seen again and hard to match?  i would like to think it might go back.  And did anyone read this perhaps too long post to the end?  

@gr8owl

I got to the end.

I too miss the days of perhaps a dozen YL joining out conversations.  You posted a great trip down memory lane.

I suspect part of the change is a generational difference. Many of us old farts still see shades of grey, seek something other than instant gratification. I would say ‘not so much’ for the younger generation.  
I would also agree that the changes of FOSTA/SESTA and cryptocurrency have had a chilling effect on the board. I’m not allowed to list my location in my profile because of legal issues. (I asked.)

Who knows where the future leads?

I think FOSTA/SESTA was the party pooper.  Insta and Snap also prolly put a dent in things....

Yep, TOB definitely seems to have lost it's luster.

I still check in pretty regularly though in hopes of stumbling across a racy thread or saucy ad that will get my heart pumping.