Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Redtide515

Provider took DL and then radio silence

15 posts in this topic

This happened today and I don't want to call anyone out, but I contacted this provider (who is well reviewed on TOB and elsewhere) since yesterday and we agreed on a session this morning, and she asked for me to sent her a TOB message to verify, which I did. This morning at appointment time was radio silence. Then she contacted me again a few hours later and asked if it's today is still OK. I says yes to a later time, and she asked me to verify by sharing references, at which point I sent her another TOB message. Then for some reason she said that she would prefer my DL, which is strange for me given that I have already sent two TOB messages as well as sharing references. But I also thought that since she is well established, and maybe it's just not convenience for her to log in to TOB. So I sent her my DL, and since that point communication has been extremely sparse. And then it's appointment time and it's radio silence again. 

Honest, how stupid was me to trust his person (who I thought was trustworthy) with my DL? What's the risk of being blackmailed or something like that? Anyone experienced this before? 

Did you block out everything except name and picture? Also- this doesn't directly answer your question (I dont have a good answer)  but if you had a time and location confirmed, then it becomes a NCNS and should result in an appropriate review, regardless of her TOB  status. 

No unfortunately everything was there :/. I never had to give DL before which was already strange since I have references and reviews. I did submit an NCNS but admin refused it on the basis of nothing was confirmed, eventhough she confirmed the appointment not once, but twice. 

I understand she is a well established user but like seriously? Maybe she has a reason but why didn't she articulate it instead of just giving me complete radio silence? If two appointments don't work then let me know ifgaf... but not even giving me a reason why AFTER having my DL information just screams identity theft to me.

And what's shitty is that this site does whatever it can to protect the providers, but if the clients get screwed too bad so sad. Lesson learned for sure, I'm not ever giving out anything with my name on it.

Edited by Redtide515

The references you sent, were there multiple and fairly recent? Any chance one of your references might not have told her what she wanted to hear? Strange to keep moving the goal post after you had shared references and set an appointment. you'd like the screening standard to be made clear upfront so you can decide if you want to move forward or not.

I agree with @Mustang87, why did she keep wanting more. I’m going to go with she got uncomfortable or got the heebeegeebees along the way. You still should have been notified that it’s a no go. Sorry that happened.

2 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

I agree with @Mustang87, why did she keep wanting more. I’m going to go with she got uncomfortable or got the heebeegeebees along the way. You still should have been notified that it’s a no go. Sorry that happened.

This is what I figured, maybe there was some massive misunderstanding between us and lack of clear communication (on her part), so things kinda went down the shady route by pure chance. I'm still hoping that since she is a well established user she won't use my DL for anything shady, but also maybe she would knows that she will be protected (as admin just gave me a heads up that I'm basically screwed) so she will get away with it.

But definitely lesson learned, I'm never going to give out anything with my real name in it even just for basic verification. If they won't take TOB refs then so be it.

I just asked her outright today and she says she was sick, and if i would like to, get this... reschedule (LOL!) So that means the verification went through, but she just didn't feel like giving me a heads-up that she cannot do yesterday. Does this by definition an NCNS?

1 hour ago, Redtide515 said:

I just asked her outright today and she says she was sick, and if i would like to, get this... reschedule (LOL!) So that means the verification went through, but she just didn't feel like giving me a heads-up that she cannot do yesterday. Does this by definition an NCNS?

I think it depends on whether or not there was a specific date/time/location agreed upon. If so - should be NCNS review. You could submit the review and see what happens, or reach out to Kaduc in advance and see if he  thinks it qualifies as NCHS.  If you decide to go see her the the NCNS review might not be appropriate, even if justified. 

1 hour ago, Redtide515 said:

I have no idea who the lady in question is, but last night you were worried about her having your driver's license. How will you feel next week when she reads your negative review, while she still has your driver's license? Maybe take her up on the offer to reschedule or just move on and let sleeping dogs lie.

1 hour ago, Mustang87 said:

I have no idea who the lady in question is, but last night you were worried about her having your driver's license. How will you feel next week when she reads your negative review, while she still has your driver's license? Maybe take her up on the offer to reschedule or just move on and let sleeping dogs lie.

That's a good point. But definitely not scheduling with her again, since I really don't want to waste my time driving an hour down to Denver and get flaked on for the 3rd time.  

On 3/27/2023 at 2:03 PM, Redtide515 said:

If you didn't have an agreed upon, specific date/time, it's not a NCNS by the rules...  

I don't know her, but I usually assume they're telling the truth.   Then again I'm a pretty forgiving guy.

On my screening form, I ask for real world info and a pic of your driver license next to your face. One, this insures that it is you that is contacting me. Also, I check that you aren't blacklisted or have anything concerning on your record as I don't want to see anyone with a violent history. I screen hard, and there are other ladies that do the same. This is to help lessen the chance of getting someone who could possibly harm me and it also provides security for you and me that I am doing my job professionally, and take seriously who I see.

Other ladies screen differently, and sadly, if they feel uncomfortable...they may not respond which is, unfortunately, not cool. They should give you a reason, but the provider didn't and you just have to decide if you are going to chalk it up to it just didn't work out, move on to another, or you write a review detailing the issue in case this could be a recurring thing.

Either way, you have to do what is best for you. I would say that in the future, make sure to do some homework on the provider...read her website, reviews, Twitter. Get a feel of the person so you have an idea of what to expect, and how they run their business.

Goos luck!

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard 

Most ladies who want a DL for screening will let you blackout everything except for you name and birthdate.

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

Most ladies who want a DL for screening will let you blackout everything except for you name and birthdate.

Not accurate at all. Please don't speak for the ladies.

1 hour ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Not accurate at all. Please don't speak for the ladies.

Megan, if you noticed I said “most” not “all”.

When I have looked at ladies advertise their screening requiring a DL, they have all said it was okay to blackout everything but Name and Birthdate…and of course the face pic must be shown.

But again, when I replied to the OP, I only said most ladies.

In no way was I speaking for the ladies. I was making a comment from my observations.