Calisurfgirl

Learning Curve

9 posts in this topic

I guess, actually I am guilty of being a romantic. I now believe that Walt Disney and his “happy ever after” is a recipe for disaster, that all little girls at some point and degree have fantasized about. As adults it is truly rooted within our subconscious as we try to navigate through life. Stumbling into relationships whether they are fleeting or arguably comparable to the NYC marathon. In either instance we fall, believing up until injury that we believe we are well aware and cautious while we trek within new terrain. When the relationship ends we look back and see the entirety the full scope, whether the time you spent with the other person was only seconds, minutes, months and/or years Riddled with numerous warning signs but we all avoid them because of one word… HOPE , hope of achieving that “Happy Ever After”. My question is why do we all believe in Walt Disney scenarios when we stop believing in the tooth fairy, Santa Claus and the Easter bunny? I would love to hear your opinion upon the subject? 

survival of the species

Why are babies “cute”? So that they may survive through the Terrible Two’s.

The promise of Romance gets us in the sack with each other, giving us a chance to procreate.

“The Rose Colored Glasses” I understand the concept with my own contribution to the survival of the fittest or the phrase I have in quotes above with absolute certainty. I may even have the shoe tread left on me from getting walkover. I take accountability for sure. I allowed whatever to happen, happen. What you unlined survival of the fittest. See my exes are doing just that surviving not actual living. There is a reason why even though the lion is consider to be the alpha of all alpha not because they hunt. No, male lions don’t but because they can procreate and create life. Not care for it. If we were to actually live like that of a lion most men wouldn’t survive long enough to have that luscious mane and a pride to look after if we were Lions. You might and a hand full of others . Most women would not be able to either. I am a millennial I think through the day when observing random asinine things my generation does without reason or worry of consequence, pondering are you that person who had their exhausted parent drag them out of the pool while it is lightning or wrangled the metal fork from there small toddler hand while it was approaching the inside of a plugged in toaster. Lol

Edited by Calisurfgirl

We as humans and some animals too have a thing called Hope. Hope we find the cure for loneliness, a soul mate,  and for things to get better. Every day we must as the British say, " We shall proceed with style".

We don't all believe in the fantasy. The reason to keep trying is because we're alive and have to fill our time one way or another. The thirst for love is great. So give it a try, pick yourself up after you fail, and do it all over again because it feels good and there's nothing better to do.

Hang in there. You have value, you have something unique to offer. There is someone out there who can recognize you for the treasure you are. 

Don't close your heart. Sounds trite but it is true; "every rose has it's thorn". Man, I have been pricked more then once by that damn thorn! Still enjoyed the rose though.     

Very prescient for me...  I think there is something even deeper than simple procreation.  I believe we are more than just another animal species and for me there are many intimate (non-sexual) details that are critical to my well being.  Someone to listen to, to talk to, and to literally become part of each other.  

"Happily ever after"?  Not sure that really exists, and I'm finding that, for me at least, it involves more than one person.  I've tried the one man, one woman model for a long time and there's parts of each that are not finding full intimacy in the other "one".  Since I have branched out, I've been able to feel much more "intimacy complete".  I'm struggling a little with what the future holds, but I've decided that gaining the hope and fulfillment is worth ignoring the "warning signs" and risking the nearly inevitable loss that may be coming.  I will choose to remember and not regret.

"Dreams don't come true, but nightmares most certainly do."

-Greggercrackers

On 2/14/2023 at 2:37 AM, Calisurfgirl said:

I guess, actually I am guilty of being a romantic. I now believe that Walt Disney and his “happy ever after” is a recipe for disaster, that all little girls at some point and degree have fantasized about. As adults it is truly rooted within our subconscious as we try to navigate through life. Stumbling into relationships whether they are fleeting or arguably comparable to the NYC marathon. In either instance we fall, believing up until injury that we believe we are well aware and cautious while we trek within new terrain. When the relationship ends we look back and see the entirety the full scope, whether the time you spent with the other person was only seconds, minutes, months and/or years Riddled with numerous warning signs but we all avoid them because of one word… HOPE , hope of achieving that “Happy Ever After”. My question is why do we all believe in Walt Disney scenarios when we stop believing in the tooth fairy, Santa Claus and the Easter bunny? I would love to hear your opinion upon the subject? 

Great topic, thought I'd chime in. The subconscious can be your best friend or worst enemy if you don't understand how to use it. Walt Disney way to love is rooted in manipulation and control. In order to find true love one has to discover the love within. Most people haven't truly found how to love themselves. Our energy is electromagnetic, which basically means we attract our likeness, or what we have subconsciously accepted as truth. The only way we know what our subconscious beliefs are, we must examine the outcome we've had thus far in regards to relationships. This is a hard task because the individual who does this must take responsibility for whatever outcome those relationships yielded. Why? Because deep within every human is a knowing of future events. This knowing is constantly trying to communicate with us. Depending on which mind is ruling the person might ignore the red flags. For example if the egoic mind is ruling, the relationship will end in disaster every time because the egoic mind isn't rooted in anything so it can only produce devastating outcomes. Sadly, thanks to individuals like Walt Disney most of the population is hard wired into the egoic mind. But if the higher super conscious mind is ruling, that individual will be lead into their ultimate desired outcome provided they have made known to the subconscious what their desired outcome is. 

The path to completly love ourselves means we have balanced our energies. Once our energies are balanced we attract the love that we radiate. Walt Disney manipulates this balancing because he only shows fairy tales and gets the person to believe that you can have love if you meet the right person, which is actually backwards.  He promotes deception because once we make an agreement with our actions to be deceived the subconscious will only produce thoughts that further lead an individual into deception leaving only "hope" as a bridge to their dream life.