Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrReindeer-9515

RIP David Crosby

10 posts in this topic

I really liked the Byrds, was not a fan of Crosby Stills and Nash - but recognize that was just a personal taste and he, and they, had a huge impact on music.  Hard to feel too bad for someone who killed off his liver with booze and drugs and had a liver transplant almost 30 years ago yet makes it to 81.  Good thing Phil Collins sprang for the liver.  

I loved all his music! Amazing how well he harmonized with other vocalists. Such a huge wave of incredible talent leaving us. I hope JR is interviewing them all. All those lovely talented souls! RiP David Cosby!, Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young! I also loved the Yard Birds! 

With Jeff Beck, David Crosby and Robbie Bachman passing recently, the musicians from my teen years and 20's are reminding me how lucky I am to have grown up with some fantastic music.

David Crosby was talented and polarizing.  An incredible voice and a savant with harmonies.  He will be missed a bunch.  His music with the Byrds, CSN and CSNY are etched into my memory.  Glad he and Stephen Stills made peace before he passed.  Though he and Graham Nash were still feuding, Nash's post about Crosby's passing was classy and heartfelt.  The music world has lost another musician that was one of the voices of my generation.

Some of us are getting to the age where friends, family, and idols start dropping like flies.😕

4 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Some of us are getting to the age where friends, family, and idols start dropping like flies.😕

The only rocker that seems impervious to this is Keith Richards.  I would also throw Willie Nelson into this category.

After each of the rockers I listened to pass on, I keep getting reminded of my on mortality.

Rock On David!

Everyone should light a candle in memory of all that they know who has passed. I will also.

:PHis mustache always made me smile think I will get out my funk by remembering is mustache! 

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

The only rocker that seems impervious to this is Keith Richards.  I would also throw Willie Nelson into this category.

Do not forget John Mayall, now 89.  I believe he has a new album out shortly and only ended concert touring last year out of fears he would contract covid - again.  He and his band the Blues Breakers started the careers of  Mick Taylor, Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie among others along with guest tours with Snowy White, Gary Moore and Walter Trout  Touring at 88 and still sounding great before covid.  

On 1/20/2023 at 11:00 AM, gr8owl said:

Do not forget John Mayall, now 89.  .....

Watched a PBS Documentary --->  “Ron Carter: Finding the Right Notes”

"Ronald Levin Carter is an American jazz double bassist. His appearances on 2,221 recording sessions make him the most-recorded jazz bassist in history. Born: May 4, 1937 (age 85); Carter’s sound has been sought out by a who’s-who of music. Aretha Franklin, A Tribe Called Quest, Paul Simon, Jefferson Airplane, Roberta Flack and Erykah Badu are among the many artists who collaborated with him for recordings..."

Worth watching