Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Savoir Faire

STURGIS

28 posts in this topic

Colorado Companion

Has anyone been to STURGIS this year? I use to attend from 2000 to 2020, so I am very familiar with it. I am just trying to get a feel for this particular year on whether or not its packed enough for me to attend. Any information/thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

I traveled thru SD Monday and there were so many bikes on the road! 

50 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

I traveled thru SD Monday and there were so many bikes on the road! 

M&M that means it is definitely PACKED just like the good old days. Thanks a lot for the info...................Looks like I may take a trip before it shuts down...........

2 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

M&M that means it is definitely PACKED just like the good old days. Thanks a lot for the info...................Looks like I may take a trip before it shuts down...........

What do you ride?

12 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

I'd guess it would be a great year to go... except it was hot as shit! 😂

The year I went to Sturgis, it was 2 weeks BEFORE the rally.  I don’t do well in crowds😕

Our scooter rally in the Ozarks has 80 participants this year. That’s going to be crowded.   We try to have no more than 10 bikes in any group.

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

The year I went to Sturgis, it was 2 weeks BEFORE the rally.  I don’t do well in crowds😕

Our scooter rally in the Ozarks has 80 participants this year. That’s going to be crowded.   We try to have no more than 10 bikes in any group.

Ahh, this brings back memories of bike rallies in the Ozarks. They would take over haha. I don’t know if I’ll ever be brave enough to get a bike but I come from a family of bikers! And that makes me cool by association. 😎

15 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

Better hurry.  It's over on Sunday the 14th.

Years ago I was driving from Rapid City over to Spearfish in the middle of summer visiting customers.  Went through Sturgis and thought...This town is nothing but a spot in the middle of the road.  Almost nothing there.  I was expecting more.

4 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

I'd guess it would be a great year to go... except it was hot as shit! 😂

M&M its usually hot or raining LOL. I have gotten caught in rain storms/tornados/100 degree days a number of times..................... Its all part of being what I call a ROAD WARRIOR...........................

57 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Years ago I was driving from Rapid City over to Spearfish in the middle of summer visiting customers.  Went through Sturgis and thought...This town is nothing but a spot in the middle of the road.  Almost nothing there.  I was expecting more.

ILW its absolutely LEGENDARY or Superman for 2 to 4 weeks in the month of August................ Outside of August LOL, it turns into Clark Kent. I know and love the history of the town..............Them memories/stories are LEGENDARY...............

14 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

What do you ride?

What do I ride? It depends ...............................................

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

Better hurry.  It's over on Sunday the 14th.

Of course ILW. I am waiting on my job to release me, its only a 400 mile trip, piece of cake.....................

On 8/11/2022 at 0:44 PM, Savoir Faire said:

Once more.

What kind of motorcycle do you ride?

On 8/11/2022 at 9:57 AM, Bit Banger said:

I don't do well in crowds either.

On 8/11/2022 at 0:48 PM, Savoir Faire said:

Of course ILW. I am waiting on my job to release me, its only a 400 mile trip, piece of cake.....................

Where do you stay,? Can you recommend a nice hotel or camp ground? No, yes? I'm waiting to hear your thoughts on this subject. 

And if I want to hang out with you, what are you riding?  What are you riding and where you you be???????

See, I ask all lot of my Sturgis friends these questions and get a very specific response......And I get to hang out with them, a lot of fun times for sure!

What make and model of your bike? How many cubic inches is that? Tell me about the custom additions you've done. Highway pegs?  What type? Do you like your Harley race tuner, or do you think it's a waste of money?

Did you happen to  do any custom additions to your bike, I'd LOVE to hear about them. Paint? Custom? I have a few friends that did this, I'm waiting to hit the lotterly myself 

Please Reply all. 

Don't Be a "expert on something"   you don't understand. 

LOL once again, what kind of of motorcycle do you ride?

8 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Once more.

What kind of motorcycle do you ride? 

A 2018 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive scooter, stock, which I acquire new in 2020. What with moving and illness, she only has 7,000 miles. 😕  Her predecessor, a 2008 Burgman, had 60,000 fun filled miles. 😁

I didn’t start riding until I was 59. Began with a Burgman 400.  Nice flickable bike, but a little light weight for touring. At 11,000 I totaled it; totaled my ankle too.😡 Got my first 650 for the ABS.

2001 Road King purchased new at the now closed Rocky Mountain Harley Davidson.  One owner, thousands in chrome.  Just turned 50K miles  

9 hours ago, rodrod1 said:

2001 Road King purchased new at the now closed Rocky Mountain Harley Davidson.  One owner, thousands in chrome.  Just turned 50K miles  

Has anyone been to STURGIS this year? I use to attend from 2000 to 2020, so I am very familiar with it. I am just trying to get a feel for this particular year on whether or not its packed enough for me to attend. Any information/thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

13 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

A 2018 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive scooter, stock, which I acquire new in 2020. What with moving and illness, she only has 7,000 miles. 😕  Her predecessor, a 2008 Burgman, had 60,000 fun filled miles. 😁

I didn’t start riding until I was 59. Began with a Burgman 400.  Nice flickable bike, but a little light weight for touring. At 11,000 I totaled it; totaled my ankle too.😡 Got my first 650 for the ABS.

Edited by Savoir Faire
Repeat

14 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

OUI, I know a little about totaling an ankle. My story isn't as cool about yours, but had the same unhappy ending.

I hope you are feeling better now. Mine's been several years ago and it's still not too great.

11 hours ago, rodrod1 said:

I cant tell you how much the wife and I miss RMHD...We used to go there every weekend to see all of our friends. It's like missing a family member really...

HD closed a lot of non corporate stores. I hate big business!

On 8/11/2022 at 0:44 PM, Savoir Faire said:

What do you ride?

Let all of us know, we're curious for sure!

Thanks in advance! 

7 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

OUI, I know a little about totaling an ankle. My story isn't as cool about yours, but had the same unhappy ending.

I hope you are feeling better now. Mine's been several years ago and it's still not too great.

Thank you.  It’s been a dozen years, but still gives me trouble sometimes.  I have to be careful with boots pressing on the plates & screws still in there. The interesting part? No road rash because I was wearing ALL the gear.😌

9 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

What do you ride?

Thanks in advance! 

@sparkey600 You forgot to properly ask the question in the right way. "Mr SF what kind of motorcycle do you own, or have you ever ridden on a motorcycle?" It is probably the same bike he uses to cross the International Date Line when he is in Alaska 🤣 or the bike he uses when driving down the halls of motels at 4am, looking to see if any women left their door open for him.  I think SF likely has a really cool bike, with the spin out action handle on it.

BTW, RMHD was a fun place on the weekends, even if you didn't ride. It was by my old house. Just an overall cool place to hang out, with a group of nice people.

17 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

What do you ride?

Thanks in advance!