gr8owl

no I do not know what it is

22 posts in this topic

It definitely looks a created opening into the rocks.  I’d love to see more into it.

"No, this is NOT a doorway for Martians. Although the internet erupted on Thursday after a photograph from NASA's Curiosity rover appeared to show an "alien door," experts are pretty sure it's just a natural feature of the Martian landscape.

"This is a very curious image," British geologist Neil Hodgson, who has studied the geology of Mars, told Live Science. "But in short – it looks like natural erosion to me." https://www.sciencealert.com/this-cool-rock-formation-on-mars-looks-just-like-an-alien-doorway

But who knows really??!! None of us have been there, other than to leave human litter on Mars!!!!https://www.businessinsider.com/nasa-helicopter-captured-aerial-views-of-space-litter-2022-4

1 hour ago, Caressa Duval said:

"No, this is NOT a doorway for Martians. Although the internet erupted on Thursday after a photograph from NASA's Curiosity rover appeared to show an "alien door," experts are pretty sure it's just a natural feature of the Martian landscape.

"This is a very curious image," British geologist Neil Hodgson, who has studied the geology of Mars, told Live Science. "But in short – it looks like natural erosion to me." https://www.sciencealert.com/this-cool-rock-formation-on-mars-looks-just-like-an-alien-doorway

But who knows really??!! None of us have been there, other than to leave human litter on Mars!!!!https://www.businessinsider.com/nasa-helicopter-captured-aerial-views-of-space-litter-2022-4

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

It definitely looks a created opening into the rocks.  I’d love to see more into it.

Yeah the official story is two fractures in rock nothing to see here.  I believe that explanation a little more than swamp gas, but not much.  Interesting Hodgson speculated about erosion lol.  It looks exactly like something I am very familiar with - a concrete box culvert with wing wall even and eroded sediment lining the bottom or flow line.  Like the outlet of a drainage system.  But there has not been free flowing water on Mars for at least millennia, possibly billion years.  At least the conspiracy theories around this will be fun. ;)

21 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Yeah the official story is two fractures in rock nothing to see here.  I believe that explanation a little more than swamp gas, but not much.  Interesting Hodgson speculated about erosion lol.  It looks exactly like something I am very familiar with - a concrete box culvert with wing wall even and eroded sediment lining the bottom or flow line.  Like the outlet of a drainage system.  But there has not been free flowing water on Mars for at least millennia, possibly billion years.  At least the conspiracy theories around this will be fun. ;)

for instance:

Culvert Characteristics (BIRM)

or trail crossing.  But a trail for whom. 

4: Picture of an Underpass Beneath a Four-lane Highway with High... |  Download Scientific Diagram

Like a rorschach - - what do you see?

I’m waiting for a manipulated photo showing a little green Martian.

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

I’m waiting for a manipulated photo showing a little green Martian.

I am pretty sure those are already out there. :)

On 5/15/2022 at 11:59 AM, gr8owl said:

I am pretty sure those are already out there. :)

You're probably right

That's a doorway, the cuts are too exact for it not to be. I can see a natural occurrence on one side but for the other side of the doorway to match is not natural. Without actual proof it's hard to give a definite answer. However I don't buy any articles or info from NASA because if it were proof available they wouldn't share it with the public anyway. 

Who's to say there wasn't life on Mars eons ago?

4 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Who's to say there wasn't life on Mars eons ago?

Something is going on with the planets. Everyday of the week is named after a planet. Today (Tuesday) is named after Mars. Mars was also known as the war planet. That's whats meant when we say martial law, martial arts ext. I've seen some old ancient maps of Mars with water on it. 🤔

The fact that they mention "it's possible the cavity seen is only a few centimeters or inches tall in real life" indicates to me that it probably is only a few cm tall, otherwise why mention it.   

In addition, Insight has recorded 1300 seismic events on Mars so strain on the landscape is probably not out of the question.  

https://www.sciencealert.com/this-monster-marsquake-is-the-biggest-ever-recorded-on-another-planet

Or maybe Gr8owl found the exception to the Fermi Paradox..😁

I looked at the picture and immediately thought...What in the hell is an entrance into the rocks doing there?

3 hours ago, Milos Vesely said:

The fact that they mention "it's possible the cavity seen is only a few centimeters or inches tall in real life" indicates to me that it probably is only a few cm tall, otherwise why mention it.   

In addition, Insight has recorded 1300 seismic events on Mars so strain on the landscape is probably not out of the question.  

https://www.sciencealert.com/this-monster-marsquake-is-the-biggest-ever-recorded-on-another-planet

Or maybe Gr8owl found the exception to the Fermi Paradox..😁

red: reads like a History Channel ancient aliens episode - "could it be that ...... ", "is it possible ........"  Too many decades of weather balloons, swamp gas, Venus and all the other ludicrous "explanations" out of the government to swallow this excuse at face value lol.  (Not buying the whole History Channel blather either if that isn't clear lol)

blue: probably not since I don't play the game.

I love the it is just fractures from quakes and it happens all the time on Mars "explanation."  Natural fractures do not often produce right angles, let alone multiple right angles in the same spot.  And if it is so common, should be easy to point to numerous similar photos.  Still waiting to see even one being volunteered to demonstrate the claim by the "scientist" that was quoted.

Anyway, as the title states - I don't know what it is, don't claim to, but I thought a little fun and conversation on forum would be nice.  Especially as a back drop to comedy that unfolded in front of congressional committee yesterday lol.

Or to summarize in History Channel fashion: Is it possible that the original inhabitants of Mars were only a few centimeters tall?:lol:

On 5/13/2022 at 9:12 PM, gr8owl said:

Not saying it isn't a door or entryway, but if not then what?

But while "we" are right there, would you not venture over and see wtf it is?  More transparent they say.  Right.

https://www.sciencealert.com/this-cool-rock-formation-on-mars-looks-just-like-an-alien-doorway

Wow, is really a door or just a shadow or photoshop? How know 

Wow looks very interesting definitely something I would love to explore with my witty self,I love being spontaneous an what’s more spontaneous then a secret door on mars…Really spooky 

And now they have found what appears to be a wadded up string of something described as spaghetti or yarn.

The mystery continues.

4 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

And now they have found what appears to be a wadded up string of something described as spaghetti or yarn.

The mystery continues.

This

Perseverance rover discovered a piece of string on Mars | CNN

The cord securing the spear head up and to right to a shaft?

Seriously, this one is readily explained as cord from the parachutes that controlled its descent OR the packing and wadding explosively ejected when the heat shield was blown off just prior to landing.  

On 7/21/2022 at 0:28 AM, gr8owl said:

This

Seriously, this one is readily explained as cord from the parachutes that controlled its descent OR the packing and wadding explosively ejected when the heat shield was blown off just prior to landing.  

I didn't understand what it is, can you explain easily.

On 7/21/2022 at 0:28 AM, gr8owl said:

This

what is this?