Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Newoldbull

Looking forward to college football season

14 posts in this topic

I just want hear from all the other college football fans out there. I am really looking forward to the oncoming football season. So far it looks like it will be a normal season without teams having to cancel because of covid protocols. Let's hope it stays that way. It will be nice to spend a few hours cheering on your favorite team and get away from all the other bullshit that is going on in our world. It won't matter if you are a Democrat or Republican, a liberal or conservative. We can put that all away somewhere for a few hours and cheer for our favorite team. I dont know about everybody else but I think it will be a nice distraction even if just for a few hours. Love to hear your comments.

Ya think the Broncos might win one. :cool:

I didnt have my thinking cap on when I started this thread. I forgot this is Broncos country. Lol! Well the same goes for that too. When it comes to pro football I have rooted for the broncos.

Colorado Buffaloes - Wikipedia

Go Buffs!!  Finally a coach worth keeping - please!

16 hours ago, Newoldbull said:

I didnt have my thinking cap on when I started this thread. I forgot this is Broncos country. Lol! Well the same goes for that too. When it comes to pro football I have rooted for the broncos.

Haha first thing I thought when I clicked on it...  Go donkeys 🤣🤣.  Will be an interesting year in the big 12 though with the exodus now beginning. In conference games should be nice and tense 😬

9 hours ago, tide32 said:

900+ Ohio State Buckeyes ideas | ohio state buckeyes, ohio state, buckeyes

Gross... 🤣🤣😋😋

Edited by zman999

22 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Colorado Buffaloes - Wikipedia

Go Buffs!!  Finally a coach worth keeping - please!

I'm not familiar with the current coach but will take your word for it. I know Mel Tucker jumped ship and went to Michigan State.

I fear that the college sports will soon be the same politicized bat shit crazy quagmire that pro sports has become.  Allowing college athletes to be paid will very soon see MONEY motivating the athletes, not the sport.  I find I can do soooo much more when I simply turn off the tube and pursue other hobbies..

12 hours ago, Newoldbull said:

I'm not familiar with the current coach but will take your word for it. I know Mel Tucker jumped ship and went to Michigan State.

Current coach and hopefully coach for a long time is Karl Dorrell.  He had the team playing hard and playing smart last year on their way to a 4-2 abbreviated season and a bowl game.  And he actually took major advantage of the talented players he had, rather than letting some rot on bench like Tucker.  Tucker was an egomaniac idiot that should have been thrown overboard long before he jumped ship.

4 hours ago, mustang said:

I fear that the college sports will soon be the same politicized bat shit crazy quagmire that pro sports has become.  Allowing college athletes to be paid will very soon see MONEY motivating the athletes, not the sport.  I find I can do soooo much more when I simply turn off the tube and pursue other hobbies..

Yeah I absolutely hear you on that. I no longer watch baseball or basketball because of the politics. I tune into sports to get a break from the daily political poo slinging, not to be bombarded with more.  The more they get political, the less I watch. 

Woooooooooooooooooooo pig sooie!

9E1BBCCD-0368-4E87-99BA-94AF3BB535B5.png

Edited by JoDoe27

YES! My Saturdays are what most guys consider their Sunday. College is just on a whole other level! I use to wake up watching it, east coast, and go to bed watching it, west coast. Now I keep it in check. And actually watch more college wrestling these days then football.

See the source image